Yet more random thoughts... put 'em here

Why does every movie require 46 different production companies to make?

At the beginning of every movie, it's always "A ButtCheese Production,.. in association with Dipshit Productions, and BallSniff Studios, a DingleBerry Sniffer Production, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... For ten minutes before they even get to the title, which you already know because you just put it in the ****in DVD player.

"Directed by Whothe**** Cares"

Then there's a producer. An executive producer. A assistant executive producer. An executive director, an assistant casting director,..

Then at the end they gotta list 500 different names. Every Joe Nobody who touched a piece of equipment, the guy who tapes the microphone wires to the floor, even the guy who delivered the pizzas to the set.

No wonder movies need a budget of a hundred million dollars.

The Blair Witch Project had a budget of $60k.
Earned a quarter billion.

But seriously, what the **** cost $60k? Three people went into a state park with a couple of VHS camcorders and a tent.

Maybe they paid the camping fee, $300 at Cabela's and spent the rest on hookers and cocaine.

At the beginning of every movie, it's always "A ButtCheese Production,.. in association with Dipshit Productions, and BallSniff Studios, a DingleBerry Sniffer Production, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... For ten minutes before they even get to the title, which you already know because you just put it in the ****in DVD player.

Then there's a producer. An executive producer. A assistant executive producer. An executive director, an assistant casting director,..

Then at the end they gotta list 500 different names. Every Joe Nobody who touched a piece of equipment, the guy who tapes the microphone wires to the floor, even the guy who delivered the pizzas to the set.

But seriously, what the **** cost $60k? Three people went into a state park with a couple of VHS camcorders and a tent.

Maybe they paid the camping fee, $300 at Cabela's and spent the rest on hookers and cocaine.
Probably because they each contribute a little cash instead of one financing all of it.

They're not all actually making the movie.

You can get in on the money making too. The union for the truck drivers is I.A.T.S.E.
They pay a minimum of 9 hours even if you only work 4 hours.
In the credits you will see the caterers or the Craft table. Everyone on set eats. if you don't eat they pay you $50.00.
If you look at the last part of of the credits you will see I.A.T.S.E they even get credit in the movies

I imagine they make a lot of movies in Chicago and you are not that far away

They gotta justify that 50 bucks a pop price tag at movie theaters :rolleyes-80:

I know it costs a kings ransom. I just wait til I can watch em for free in my living room. That way I can pause it while I go get another beer :cool-61:
So much better watching a movie from the comfort of your own home.
Sure back when I was young the movie theater was the thing to do.
Back then you could't wait to see the newest release. Largely driven by FOMO, The Fear Of Missing Out and also always wanting to be the first to see it.

Nowadays they aint making any movies worth going to see, I can wait until they come on a streaming service.

Netflix is kicking the theaters asses and Netflix is producing product that people actually want to watch.

I think Cineplex is kind of catching on because you can stream their new releases at home albeit, still very expensive.

Is that what it costs these days?

I haven't been in a movie theater since The Blair Witch Project was released.
I think the last movie I saw in a theater was a matinee showing of the Passion of the Christ.
It was visually graphic, very violent.

I didn't understand a word they were saying.
Good thing I read the book before watching the movie. :D

The entire movie was in Hebrew, I don't know more than 3 words in Hebrew.
Yiddish, Yes I know some Yiddish probably all the same words that everyone else knows.

I think the last movie I saw in a theater was a matinee showing of the Passion of the Christ.
It was visually graphic, very violent.

I didn't understand a word they were saying.
Good thing I read the book before watching the movie. :D

The entire movie was in Hebrew, I don't know more than 3 words in Hebrew.
Yiddish, Yes I know some Yiddish probably all the same words that everyone else knows.
Couldn't understand a word, but could understand everything that was going on.

Is that what it costs these days?

I haven't been in a movie theater since The Blair Witch Project was released.
The last movie I remember watching was Black Hawk Down with a girlfriend.

Looking back, now I know why she freaked out. I was in the process of enlisting.

Sorry, honey. 😬

Sweet, Sweet, panic!

Waking up in panic thinking you got to go to work and the realizing...you don't got to work that day.
And the most comfortable feeling when you roll over and go back to sleep.😴

The added bonus is the Cardio workout, get that heart rate up! :thumbsup:

High blood pressure gets your heart rate up, It's like a work out, without working out.
Unfortunately my doctor does not see this the same way as I do.:rolleyes:

I am pretty sure this is a Seinfeld schtick. But here goes.
How do they get the caffeine out of the coffee and where does it go?

This is mine, What's the deal with decaffeinated coffee? Anyone notice it just sits there for hours and no one ever buys it?:dunno:

Ever wonder why decaffeinated decanters have orange handles?
Google it you will Sanka yourself later. Never mind, I will save you the time because I am cool like that.

View attachment 86042

1641610435329.png

• Haha
Reactions: CMT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom