here to learn more

roKWiz

Hi everyone,
I live in Australia. I owner drive three trucks, one KW and two smaller trucks I use onsite around Oz. Though far from being a full time driver, I have a great interest in the trucking industry both here and in the U.S.
The 76' KW I've been gradually restoring and working hauling sandstone / granite for local work I do in my trade. I enjoy every minute I can working and maintaining this truck.
The two smaller Japanese trucks spend a lot of time running interstate as I'm contracted to restore old buildings around the country.
I have a great admiration for you guys out there on the road, have been enjoying reading the forum and I hopefully can have an input on some posts.

Cheers Geoff
Here's the K125.

astonemasoncarver.com_sitebuilder_images_RH_front_pic_461x318.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome.

Would love to visit your neck of the woods to see the Bathurst 1000. Can you take the truck there and run it:crash:

I spent a month in Perth one week in 1974 . :D

Planning a do-over in the next coupla years.

I still speak Australian. ;)

upload_2013-9-29_3-23-38.jpeg

But I haven't since had fish n chips that compare.
:drool:

Welcome.

Thanks so much for the welcome everyone.
Tazz, the Bathurst 1000 is on again this weekend always a good turnout with plenty of the Forsters flowing there too, Blood.
It's a Ford V Holdens thing, but only cars (like Cummins V Detroit) that goes on up there and can get a bit rough. Serious fans.

For anyone interested, the KW specs are...... powered by a self inframe rebuilt Cummins VT903, (420hp) Roadranger 15 speed, 44 000lb Rockwells on KW Torsion bars.
Truck is pretty much original spec from the build sheet. Except I replaced the alloy bullbar with a W900 gullwing bumper as I'm not planning to go truckin in the outback.

Didn't care for the alloy scaffolding.
astonemasoncarver.com_sitebuilder_images_in_the_drive_VT_467x346.jpg

Geoff

Last edited:
G'day mate. Welcome to the forum put shrimp on the barbie, Pour a pint and have look around (hey I tried). How is the trucking life down under?

Down under is a lot less regulated in general than the U.S but not much of an Interstate system. Geoff

Down under is a lot less regulated in general than the U.S but not much of an Interstate system. Geoff
Compared to ... what?

Potholes that will swallow half the rig?

Bridge transitions that gave inspiration to rocket launchers?

Engineers who ...... ah never mind. We got good roads somewhere.

Welcome to the site! I am from Louisiana not to far from New Orleans and I "imported" my hubby (SF) from New Brunswick, Canada almost 10 years ago.

Hope you enjoy yourself here and I also like the truck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread