Random thoughts ... put 'em here

Status
Not open for further replies.
@dchawk81

Rail yard in Elwood, IL yesterday.

View attachment 43686

Notice the sign on the crane.
I like the dude walking toward you with his hand up..."wait right there driver".

As if anyone would be lookin' to get under that crane with that operator anytime soon......

My first day hauling cans I was told my truck would be on this street (literally on the street) and the key would be on the oil stick, they weren't. So I took a different truck that had the keys on the oil stick. I picked up an empty can and headed for the rail yard. No problem getting the empty off. So far so good.:thumbsup:
I went to pick up the loaded can. The toplift lifted the can and I went to drive under it:biglaugh:I got one hell of an ass chewing for that!:foreheadslap:

Ya' know ya' try to be nice and it just don't payoff.
Waiting in line at the beer store and buddy just stepped out of line to grab some single cans and was going to go to the back of the line. i was last in line I said nah, just go ahead, you were here.
Payment time and it is beep, declined, beep, declined. let me try this card, beep, declined. Buddy is now counting out change.

:foreheadslap:Fur **** sakes! I should have ran a credit check on him before letting him in front of me. I could have been home by the time he was done:rolleyes-80:
Hey bigboi, what are ya gonna do in the morning when you need a double double at Tim Hortons?:D

You guys would be proud of me. I helped a van driver back up today. Normal side back followed by a blind side back, cars and forklifts in stupid spots
He was blocking the exit. Got one of our flatbeds backed out of the doorswingers way, the doorswinger out of his way and the yard was un-clustered.
(I'm not using doorswinger to insult the mans profession. He had to swing two doors open before bumping the dock. So, doorswinger)

You guys would be proud of me. I helped a van driver back up today. Normal side back followed by a blind side back, cars and forklifts in stupid spots
He was blocking the exit. Got one of our flatbeds backed out of the doorswingers way, the doorswinger out of his way and the yard was un-clustered.
(I'm not using doorswinger to insult the mans profession. He had to swing two doors open before bumping the dock. So, doorswinger)
A flatbedder flailing their arms about behind a dock bumper is not helping, But it is entertaining.:p

Finally got my seat cushion installed this morning after I got back.

Slip seater texts me after his shift. "Wipers don't work."

I didn't even get to sit on the seat yet and he's got it broken. SMH.

I'm using a vacation day because I'll be damned if I'm Lysoling some other asshole's sty. I'm done. Seriously.

Now I'm working on fenangling as much money as I can to get the hell out. It's for real now.

This place was never awesome and it's been worse since going public. Typical corporate shareholder BS that destroys companies.

It's only ever been a paycheck and that ain't enough anymore. Nervous breakdown imminent.

Finally got my seat cushion installed this morning after I got back.

Slip seater texts me after his shift. "Wipers don't work."

I didn't even get to sit on the seat yet and he's got it broken. SMH.

I'm using a vacation day because I'll be damned if I'm Lysoling some other asshole's sty. I'm done. Seriously.

Now I'm working on fenangling as much money as I can to get the hell out. It's for real now.

This place was never awesome and it's been worse since going public. Typical corporate shareholder BS that destroys companies.

It's only ever been a paycheck and that ain't enough anymore. Nervous breakdown imminent.
Good luck

Good luck
Thanks. I've got a 401k that's approaching truck down payment territory so it's hopeful. A good deal of it has vested already. I stopped contributing so that my paychecks are a little higher and will see what it grows into by the time I'm ready to yank it out.

Should be good for another $100/wk in my pocket on average.

Ya' know ya' try to be nice and it just don't payoff.
Waiting in line at the beer store and buddy just stepped out of line to grab some single cans and was going to go to the back of the line. i was last in line I said nah, just go ahead, you were here.
Payment time and it is beep, declined, beep, declined. let me try this card, beep, declined. Buddy is now counting out change.

:foreheadslap:Fur **** sakes! I should have ran a credit check on him before letting him in front of me. I could have been home by the time he was done:rolleyes-80:
Hey bigboi, what are ya gonna do in the morning when you need a double double at Tim Hortons?:D
I'd be all "nah RJ you go ahead because I dunno if I'm gonna be able to actually buy this stuff."

I'm nice tho.

Oh and this truck has been beating me to the point that I'm worn to my absolute core. Weekends off provide no recovery.

I got nothing left.

I need coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread