Worst truckstop ever?


Jims is in Buffalo.

How many times did I post that? Is it someplace else?? Am I losing it??

Oh, yeah, I remember now, I copied and pasted it into that other thread. That's okay when I do it.


Yeh, you were on the verge of losing it, but I see your wife came in on another thread and straightened you right out!
 
How about the t.a. in Willington, CT.??
Anyone have any fond or recent memories/recollections of that famous rat hole?
It's not great nor is it as bad as some other typical t.a. locations yet it is NOT worthy of a good report.
- - -
T.A., Houston, TX., East side, IS A DUMP, yet saying ANY t.a. is a dump is akin to saying there's never a problem locating a smart Blonde.
- - -
The t.a., exit 503 (?) just east of Dallas on I-20...what a lovely DUMP that place resembles. Gotta love the off site parking (across from the shop/fuel island) available with the large holes for added traction challenges.
DO NOT SHOWER THERE as there is very little when at all ventilation.
One showers then feels like needing another shower and the circle continues.
The restaurant is the atypical t.a. offering with the standard cuisine.
The parking area while seemingly having been improved in '08 is still a normal t.a. parking area rife with TRASH and assorted scumbags ESPECIALLY the further west from the buildings.
Not recommended for anything beyond Fuel except for the adventurous.
- - -
There are the lovely stops in Texas along Rt. 80 from I-20 to I-635/620/I-30.
One is sure to receive some important news from the many denizens of the deep that frequent these locations especially the one or two stops near the Adult porn and play havens. Bullet(?) truck stop is the one for the best negative report along Rt. 80.
- - -
The Petro, x 618 or 620 (?), I-20. DON'T PARK unless for an emergency and DO NOT EAT THERE.
Then just up/down the big road is the Chrome Shop across from the Peelot.
- - -
There are SO MANY PATHETIC TRUCK STOPS to list that this thread could/will conceivably grow much larger.

Thank you for your time.:wave:
 
The t.a., exit 503 (?) just east of Dallas on I-20...what a lovely DUMP that place resembles. Gotta love the off site parking (across from the shop/fuel island) available with the large holes for added traction challenges.
DO NOT SHOWER THERE as there is very little when at all ventilation.
One showers then feels like needing another shower and the circle continues.
The restaurant is the atypical t.a. offering with the standard cuisine.
The parking area while seemingly having been improved in '08 is still a normal t.a. parking area rife with TRASH and assorted scumbags ESPECIALLY the further west from the buildings.
Not recommended for anything beyond Fuel except for the adventurous.

What disgusts me about this truck stop is you have to walk by that foul smelling dumpster to go inside. You can smell that nasty thing from 100 yards away.
 
I saw a truck stop in Amarillo that I didn't go into, probably wouldn't, and just had to shake my head.

THE JESUS CHRIST IS LORD AND NOT A SWEAR WORD Travel Center.

I can just picture the insanely self righteous conversations going on inside about how much better it is than any other truck stop in the world.

I wonder if they sell porn mags...
 
Aww man, if I made a list of all the horrible truck stops I've been to, I would have a couple pages of posts just to myself! lol :) I think the winner to get the title of worst truck stop is the TA in Paulsboro, NJ. I was there about a year and a half ago, parked across from the back row, taking a nap when I was rudely awakened by homicide investigators, coroner's office, and the local news directly in front of my truck. The unfortunate driver parked in the back row across from me was murdered and thrown under his trailer in broad daylight! (Of course I didn't see anything.) So, I went inside for a bite to eat and asked my waitress if she knew what happened. She answered quite matter of fact by saying, "Oh another driver got stabbed and gutted out there." Stabbed and gutted! Another driver? Like this happens all the time! Needless to say it scared the hell out of me and I won't be stopping there again anytime if I don't have to.
 
west memphis McDonald's is the only place where your
offered a big mac or a blow job and some crack.

Exit 37 in El Paso across from the Petro. That's a very popular McDonald's as well and I don't think it's the food there after.
And I shouldn't have to mention Juarez, the real wild, wild west. KEEP OUT!
 
Man u all have been at some real hum dinger of truckstops i wont stay at those kind of truckstops ill go miles to a peaceful restarea first im not real craxy about truckstops anyway most just rip the poor drivers off with real bad food service now i like kentucky truckstops
Posted via Mobile Device
 
Man u all have been at some real hum dinger of truckstops i wont stay at those kind of truckstops ill go miles to a peaceful restarea first im not real craxy about truckstops anyway most just rip the poor drivers off with real bad food service now i like kentucky truckstops
Posted via Mobile Device

Rest Area's are not any better. :headscratch2:
 
The best in he Midwest , Steel City/Gas City I-70 & 59 Exit 23. Great Food,clean showers,friendly people & they just opened American Truckers Tattoo Shop upstairs.
Large parking area.
 
top of Mt Eagle.. Worst ever. big time dive.


I agree. This place is a HOLE.

The sad part is that whoever owns the damn place is sitting on a friggin goldmine, and won't dump any money into it!

That overflow lot across the street? Holy GOD stay out of there. We were parking blades in there last year, and were scraping fuel tanks in the potholes!
 

Back
Top