Worst truckstop ever?


Crappy, Crappy, Crappy!!!!

The AM Best off of Dallas Pike, Wheeling WV, :toilet: what a dump. I would sooner settle for the TA across the freeway and that isn't much better. :poo:
 
t/a moriarty nm stinks and service is almost non exsistant

Go to Lisa's on the other end of town. The food is decent even though they use these weird tupperware plates. Understand though, it's an old truck stop. The showers are clean, but not up to date in any way.

Spent a night in the Stockmens in S. St. Paul this week. The showers are completely disgusting, but the food is still really good. It reminds me of the old Kearney, MO truck stop before Pilot bought the lot and razed the building. One step above being condemned, and food served by people barely fit to work in food service for all the tattoos and peircings.

Nice place.
 
sounds like a place i was going to eat last nite but instead had chips and milk the guy serving food had all his front teeth missing tattoes and what made me lose my appitite is he was smoking and picking his nose its like criminetly do that in private
Posted via Mobile Device
 
sounds like a place i was going to eat last nite but instead had chips and milk the guy serving food had all his front teeth missing tattoes and what made me lose my appitite is he was smoking and picking his nose its like criminetly do that in private
Posted via Mobile Device
What, no booger sandwich for YOU?....HAHAHA...GROSS...LOL..:foreheadslap:
 
One step above being condemned, and food served by people barely fit to work in food service for all the tattoos and peircings.


And this, from a guy disguised as a clown........

Happy Halloween - right back atcha! :bcowboy:
:winking:
 
And this, from a guy disguised as a clown........

Happy Halloween - right back atcha! :bcowboy:
:winking:

Disguised? I thought that was the real him..........

What's his Thanksgiving and Christmas avatar going to look like?

He can be Scrooge...:rolllaugh:
Ok you know we r only joking with ya, I don't think any of us care or pay any mind to who or what any of the mods say. We treat everyone equal.
 
What other kind are there?

..... BIG holes, nasty whores, .......

Is there any other kind of whore? The BIG holes comment would have been great after the comment about the hookers (grin).

The Pilot off of 285 exit 16 in Smyrna, GA is a joke! I just needed a place to park after a drop at Dobbins AFB so when I spied the place during a quick web search I thought great! When I pulled up I found a line of trucks back over the freeway just waiting to get in. I asked on the radio if a guy wanted to just park could he pull around and not one of my fellow drivers responded. After waiting about 45 minutes I get in to the place only to find one place to park and about half of the spaces taken up by bobtails. This place is tight! Barely got turned around and almost got swallowed up by the huge crater at the exit of the fuel island. I didn't even bother to go inside.

I fired up the laptop again and searched a little more and found the Petro about 4 miles down the road. A little better but kind of creepy. People trying to sell stuff I didn't want, polish my wheels and tanks, lot lizards, and Atlanta's finest on guard. Now what I don't understand is there are signs everywhere that say no soliciting, etc. there are cops patrolling and yet the low lifes are cruising too. This place wasn't too bad but I felt very uncomfortable the whole time I was there.
 
Is there any other kind of whore? The BIG holes comment would have been great after the comment about the hookers (grin).

The Pilot off of 285 exit 16 in Smyrna, GA is a joke! I just needed a place to park after a drop at Dobbins AFB so when I spied the place during a quick web search I thought great! When I pulled up I found a line of trucks back over the freeway just waiting to get in. I asked on the radio if a guy wanted to just park could he pull around and not one of my fellow drivers responded. After waiting about 45 minutes I get in to the place only to find one place to park and about half of the spaces taken up by bobtails. This place is tight! Barely got turned around and almost got swallowed up by the huge crater at the exit of the fuel island. I didn't even bother to go inside.

I fired up the laptop again and searched a little more and found the Petro about 4 miles down the road. A little better but kind of creepy. People trying to sell stuff I didn't want, polish my wheels and tanks, lot lizards, and Atlanta's finest on guard. Now what I don't understand is there are signs everywhere that say no soliciting, etc. there are cops patrolling and yet the low lifes are cruising too. This place wasn't too bad but I felt very uncomfortable the whole time I was there.

LOL
Thats Atlanta for you!
Next time try the Pilot at Ex 51 on 285. Still creepy, but a little more room.
Cheers!
 
The worst truck stop I ever went to was the truck stop on I-55 in Bolingbrook, IL. I can't remember the name of it, but they had holes so big in the lot I wondered if the truck was gonna tip over. The folks inside were nice, but man that lot beat the crap outta ya! I always steered clear of the TA's too unless I was desperately in need of something. There were a few exceptions, but it seems like most TA's pride themselves on being on the lower end of the scale for the traveling public, especially for truckers. I think it was the TA in Hurricane WV that had rats fall thru the ceiling tiles on a customer. And being a computer geek as well I remember that TA's Internet access always always always sucked too.
 
I have to throw this place in for "Worst". The "Taste of India" at exit 357 on I-40 in New Mexico. Though the parking lot does not resemble the moons surface like some,it's not the greatest. Just take a walk into the building and things go down hill from there, lousey food, service, and other items for sale? plus I think the cleaning staff quit about 2 years ago and they forgot to hire some more. The bathrooms are also the nastiest I have ever been in.
 
Just got the TA in South Jacksonville,FL. What a Dive. The lot is like driving on the moon. Don't know what the food is like yet, I"ll be stuck here til Monday.
 
I have three in mind, as far as the most dangerous was the truck stop at Hunt's point, it later became a T/A then it was closed. I heard it had re-opened, however I have long since quit going to Hunt's Point, Knowing you were going to Hunt's point felt similar to the feeling you get knowing you were going to the front line in a combat zone. I knew of at least three different murders that happened there.
second the T/A just south of Atlanta on the loop, at least two murders there that I have heard of and one rape
the one I hat the worst was the one in Georgia between Columbus and Butler, I forgot the name of the town but it was an old AmBest, getting robbed or attacked was not a worry, ugly and old lot lizards were, I used to get laid over there 3 to 4 nights a month, I had a women pull in beside me with her pickup truck , yell up to me what she offered and for how much, that did not offend me as much the three tiny kids in the seat beside her staring up at me. The food was horrible, the bathroom and showers where one big nasty room there was grass growing in the shower drains
potholes that you would damage your truck in and if you were nice they would show one of two movies in the lounge, a foreign language independent film or ace ventura, not sure which one was worse
honorable mention the T/A(old 76) in Laporte, and the no longer there 76 in chicago, food was good but they would strip your truck while you where eating
 
Another one is North Bend WA, it is not really a bad truck stop, unless you are snowed in there for two weeks

Oh, ya, the TA in North Bend. Kinda dumpy, and the parking lot is always full. I think everyone has the same idea, stop there for the night and then drop into Seattle or Tacoma to drop and/or pick up and then get the hell out of the wet side of the country. Or hang out when the pass is closed. Where else are you gonna go?

The problem is that the Seattle area only has 2 real truck stops, the TA in North Bend and the Flyin' Hook in Tacoma. Sure there is Donna's in Marysville to the North of Everett and some dive in Mount Vernon, but that is about it.

And Seattle & Tacoma have large container ports with a huge volume of traffic in and out of the Pacific Rim. Add Boeing, Kenworth and some other medium and light manufacturing and someone sure could make a killing with another truck stop in the North Bend area.
 
Loves Truck Stop are one of the worst I've seen, there bathrooms and showers are filthy. I have yet to stop at one that was clean, if they were checked every hour like most places do they just might show some improvement. It looks to me like management needs to buckle down and get the job done or move on. If Loves wasn't my designated stop, believe me I would go somewhere else.
 
Racer x, if you walk west of the truck stop in the grown up field(if it is summer, look out for the homeless) about 500 yrds, you will come across a trail going north, walk for about 1/4 and you will come to a field where you get a great view of a mountain with a huge waterfall, all sorts of elk and blacktail tracks, there is also a dump in the area so there is bear sign also
 

Back
Top