Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

The Bowman trucks with sleepers I see around York are they longer wheelbase?
Probably. I'm 185" so they might be I dunno 210 or something. I could be wrong though.

I like those trucks but I don't think I'll get another quarry truck. Too much dust if I'm honest.

Applied for a Comdata fuel card a few minutes ago. Approval was instant so thats cool.

It'll be interesting what discounts I get, if any, or if I'll just have to look at it as a convenient way to fuel since Love's makes me go inside to use my Discover.

That said, without discounts I'll be more inclined to use smaller less busy stations.

Applied for a Comdata fuel card a few minutes ago. Approval was instant so thats cool.

It'll be interesting what discounts I get, if any, or if I'll just have to look at it as a convenient way to fuel since Love's makes me go inside to use my Discover.

That said, without discounts I'll be more inclined to use smaller less busy stations.

It won't be much.

You can go straight to Pilot or Loves and get their cards. 16 cents off with no fees.

Better yet, go to NASTC and get theirs. The discounts will fall below what you see at the small stations, and you will be buying fuel from locations with high volume. High volume means less chance of getting contaminated fuel.

It won't be much.

You can go straight to Pilot or Loves and get their cards. 16 cents off with no fees.

Better yet, go to NASTC and get theirs. The discounts will fall below what you see at the small stations, and you will be buying fuel from locations with high volume. High volume means less chance of getting contaminated fuel.

Truckers Advantage, from OOIDA, is supposed to be much better these days as well since they went to a cost plus program. I'm about to look into that as a backup card myself.

It won't be much.

Yeah it's supposed to be cash price minutes a few cents. I don't expect it to be groundbreaking.

I'm going to miss XPO's 60+ cents off but not enough to tolerate their safety lady and the bias plies blowing left and right.

It won't be much.

I didn't know they even had payment cards.

I didn't know they even had payment cards.

Yep.

Still, NASTC is the one to pursue. The discounts are huge.

Just about any carrier/broker also has fuel cards once you have hauled for them, all with likely better discounts than Comdata. 180 days to get access to most of those brokers, though. I think JB Hunt is something like 20 cents.

I went ahead and applied for the Pilot one since it's online. No instant decision on that one.

Love's makes you call...I doubt I'll bother on that basis alone. Get with it, Love's.

NASTC seems to be TA/Petro only and I don't see an online application. Unless I'm mistaken.

Love's makes you call...I doubt I'll bother on that basis alone. Get with it, Love's.

Their card is pretty nice. You can literally use it for everything in the store. Even beer, though I wouldn't because I like to use it for expenses only. Also saves you 10% if you get oil changes at Speedco, and something like a $99 fee for road service callouts. Just alot of incentives to use their card in their store, rather than using other people's cards.

Their card is pretty nice. You can literally use it for everything in the store. Even beer, though I wouldn't because I like to use it for expenses only. Also saves you 10% if you get oil changes at Speedco, and something like a $99 fee for road service callouts. Just alot of incentives to use their card in their store, rather than using other people's cards.
Yeah see as a local I almost never buy anything in their stores because I'm already packed for the day.

Maybe I'll need them for a mudflap or tire some day but if I just need a random coffee or something, I still have $100 in rewards to use.

Aside from fuel, I've made less than half a dozen purchases at truck stops in the last 6 years.

OTR would be a completely different story.

Yeah see as a local I almost never buy anything in their stores because I'm already packed for the day.

Maybe I'll need them for a mudflap or tire some day but if I just need a random coffee or something, I still have $100 in rewards to use.

Aside from fuel, I've made less than half a dozen purchases at truck stops in the last 6 years.

OTR would be a completely different story.
They are merely backups for me. use them once in a while to keep them active and to take advantage of any benefits they provide.

i suppose you tried the usual, like

Penske, Ryder, Ruan, Hale, GEICO,
I've only tried two local ones so far. I didn't know Geico rented trailers? 🤔

Hale doesn't have anything online but I haven't called them. So I guess I've tried 2 and a half. The others I actually called or stopped in.

I've only tried two local ones so far. I didn't know Geico rented trailers? 🤔

Hale doesn't have anything online but I haven't called them. So I guess I've tried 2 and a half. The others I actually called or stopped in.
my bad...Gelco........

i think that was at one time, GE leasing..????...GELco.....

I'll probably end up financing a new one. I'm only a couple months shy of having a year of business credit. The way my bank was talking that's all they would need for me to get a brand new truck, let alone a trailer. If I can make do as power only until then, that's what I'll do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread