Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

I have a caulk gun that I think I inherited from my grandpa or something.

It's still got a price sticker on it from a store that closed in the late 1980's.

It was $1.84. Made in USA.

They're still less than $2 now, at Walmart. Similar cheap design. Made in China.

Yeah yeah, inflation blah blah blah but still kinda weird.
My gun was so cheaply made it was brand new and didn't even hold up for this one use.

Yall need to think twice about this... the rust 'n dirt is probably what's holdin' it together.
Probably. 😂

Actually other than some problem areas it's more solid than it looks. If I had a shop those seats would be out, the rubber and pad would be gone, and that floor would be completely cleaned down, primed, and painted for new pad and rubber.

For now I just need to do what I can to make enough revenue to really do it right. Hopefully by then it can be a full nostalgia restoration.

Finally got the interior vacuumed out and mostly wiped down. Smells a little less farmy. And it's less slimy.

It's probably been 32 years since it was last cleaned.

Hopefully I can figure out a way to get those seats out lifting-wise because that rubber desperately needs to come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
So there was a random wire going across the floor to the back where I was welding that ended nowhere. Shoved it out of the way to do the repairs. Today decided might as well chop it off at the dashboard since it was in the way.

Had the truck running for the radio.

Snip. Spark. Oops. Oh well. All the lights still work so who knows wtf that was for.

Ordered an aluminum spool feeder for my welder. Already grabbed a roll of wire since I was at TSC and needed mig and flux core. Once the spooler comes I'll get a bottle of argon and try my hand at fixing this broken step. Apparently fat boy stepped on it and broke the end off. The end was still in the cab.

Yes, just buying a step is cheaper and easier but I want to learn a new skill.

how da effing hell, are you getting ANY work done on your truck, when you are constantly here..??

i think you're really not working on your truck , it's in someone's shop, and they are doing all the work.

you're gonna end up like @Duck and take 27 years to get a project DONE...!!!!!!!!!

you ought to change your name (again) to duck#2
Too hot. Gorilla taped the passenger wing window because the handle is missing then adjusted the tail light bracket so the lights tilt up a little more and am already sweating.

Ain't worth working hard.

pfftt...

got up at 4AM.

made breakfast.

went to CVS, chatted with the pharmacist about my new gun purchase.

went to the walking track, and walked half a mile..!!

went to walmart, bought a big slice of ham for sunday morning breakfast, and eggs as well

got home, washed my car, vacuumed it.

tended to the garden

re-arranged all my 9 MM and .45 ACP ammo on the shelf's

SMOKED 2 cigars

took a shower...all before 9 AM

took a nap,

eating my sammich, and here on the interweeb......

i did MORE before 9AM, then you did all day........

effing lazy assed kids.
I didn't get up till 2PM so I haven't had as much opportunity to do anything.

Some days, especially when it's cool, I feel good enough to do a lot but when it's 80s and humid I can't do squat.

I don't really have the parts or supplies to do much anyway. Except maybe weld that cab corner once it cools down some.

It’s about time to start hauling some freight behind that yard ornament!
I'm looking forward to it. Don't know when it'll happen but I'm curious to see how it does.

There's a company near here that has a food contract shuttling loads and empties between the factory and warehouse. Starting point is less than 8 miles from my house. The route is a 98 mile round trip. Never passes any scales and the terrain is mostly flat, both points are right off the highway. Literally visible from I81.

They're open to owner ops running old trucks and would have access to their wider network if needed or desired. They generally have good maintenance on their trailers as well.

Hopefully it's still available when my shoulder is ready. I could handle 15 miles of deadhead fuel a day. And hopefully it pays decent.

Now we wait. Then sand it down and see what we have. It's a fairly flat section so it should be pretty straightforward. The bottom looks like it might need a touch more and I don't think that corner filled as nice as I'd like.

20200809_203938.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread