Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

Hillbilly Canuck

Yep. From Amazon.

Not to be confused with from AN Amazon.
Good luck if you ordered the cheap shit from China like I did. Six months at this company and I'm still waiting for my colour coordinated track suit and flip flops for the "new" door swinger job.

Rigjockey

I am don't know.
Supporter
Good luck if you ordered the cheap shit from China like I did. Six months at this company and I'm still waiting for my colour coordinated track suit and flip flops for the "new" door swinger job.
Oh you are going Brampton style.
Russian style is leather jacket, track pants and running shoes. Music that plays at 170 BPM.

Electric Chicken

Supporter
Another small step forward. Radio lights up and if you shine a flashlight onto the display you can see it lock onto a station. But no sound. Pulled the overhead console down. Wires look okay. Confirmed colors going into doors. They look okay. Pulled the door panels off and the speakers are absolutely trashed. Removed the right side, hooked the wires to a wrong size speaker...sound! Awesome! Left side...sound! Sweet! Hopped onto Crutchfield and ordered some waterproof speakers that should actually fit the hole. Should be $90 well spent.

The radio is the original Ford like you'd see in Aerostars, Tauruses, Rangers, etc from the day. The OE harness is still intact. Nobody bastardized it. That means when I decide to upgrade the head unit, installation will be plug & play. And I will eventually. I want one with Bluetooth and maybe Sirius built in so I don't have to have a million things plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Here's what's going:

20200802_052737.jpg

Here's what's coming:

20200802_053346.jpg

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Another small step forward. Radio lights up and if you shine a flashlight onto the display you can see it lock onto a station. But no sound. Pulled the overhead console down. Wires look okay. Confirmed colors going into doors. They look okay. Pulled the door panels off and the speakers are absolutely trashed. Removed the right side, hooked the wires to a wrong size speaker...sound! Awesome! Left side...sound! Sweet! Hopped onto Crutchfield and ordered some waterproof speakers that should actually fit the hole. Should be $90 well spent.

The radio is the original Ford like you'd see in Aerostars, Tauruses, Rangers, etc from the day. The OE harness is still intact. Nobody bastardized it. That means when I decide to upgrade the head unit, installation will be plug & play. And I will eventually. I want one with Bluetooth and maybe Sirius built in so I don't have to have a million things plugged into the cigarette lighter.

Here's what's going:

View attachment 68754

Here's what's coming:

View attachment 68755
At least now you can go listen to music in your driveway!

Duck

Quack
Supporter

Here's what's going:

View attachment 68754

Here's what's coming:

View attachment 68755
My 89 Ranger has that pos radio with the numbers that you can't see without night vision goggles.

GAnthony

Methuselah
Supporter
If I gotta dig it out of the dash to change it, I'd just replace it with a real stereo though.
the "Sparkomatic 2000"

you can even add an 8 track player

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
the "Sparkomatic 2000"

you can even add an 8 track player

Sparkomatic?!? Haven't thought of those cheap waste of transistors in a long time. Advertised ridiculous power levels, but you had to read the fine print to find out it was at some crazy level of distortion. They were so bad I would usually put in FM converters in the AM-only work trucks of the 80s. They sounded better! 😂

Electric Chicken

Supporter
My 89 Ranger has that pos radio with the numbers that you can't see without night vision goggles.
Yup they're like the Chevy pickup passenger side DRL. Always burned out.