Duck Pond Redneckery

Yeah they're doing it wrong too.
The manual for my old one said not to exceed 18 mph or something, loaded up to like 500 lbs. From 500 to its max load of 1500 lbs it says smooth ground only, and 5 mph. So yeah, lawnmower speed if it's loaded heavy.

Have you checked with an actual tire store? If all else fails put a tube in them.
I have not. We have two utility trailers too. One that was fir when we had one atv. Then one for when we had three.

Now that we have four atvs I need one of those side loading, put the ramps anywhere trailer..

Anyway, the original utility trailer is largely what gets used around here now. The little garden trailer doesn't have a lot of use anyway. But I'm sure the moment I get rid if it 5 uses will pop up.

I drove my unregistered full size pickup to Farm and Fleet and got this today.

Gonna put a polyethylene floor in it so I can haul ashes from the bonfire pit.

20210519_182353.jpg

It came with that stupid pin type rattle & make noise type of hitch so I put a ball coupler on it.

The tires say "4-10 psi operating range" and "25 psi to seat bead" but they had 40 psi in them from the factory.

:dunno:

I let them down to ten.

Last edited:
I drove my unregistered full size pickup to Farm and Fleet and got this today.

Gonna put a polyethylene floor in it so I can haul ashes from the bonfire pit.

View attachment 83056

It came with that stupid pin type rattle & make noise type of hitch so I put a ball coupler on it.

The tires say "4-10 psi operating range" and "25 psi to seat bead" but they had 40 psi in them from the factory.

:dunno:

I let them down to ten.
Next thing you need is a little hydraulic cylinder to raise it :whistling:

Next thing you need is a little hydraulic cylinder to raise it :whistling:
I already modified it.

See the bolts when you zoom in on where the yellow railing meets in the corners?

It was loose and sloppy til I added those.

And I cut up an old wheelbarrow inner tube and zip tied a piece to the square tube under where the tilt latch thingy is so it won't rattle.

I hate things that rattle. 🤬

Tomorrow I'll drag my ATV out and change it's oil.

I already modified it.

See the bolts when you zoom in on where the yellow railing meets in the corners?

And I cut up an old wheelbarrow inner tube and zip tied a piece to the square tube under where the tilt latch thingy is so it won't rattle.

You are like the only guy I know that gets something brand new, looks at it and says Naah, this is no good I got to fix it.:biglaugh:

I already modified it.

Sounds like the steering column cover in my Pete. Im bout ready to put a big damn hose clamp around it to see if that’ll silence it :mad-97:

BTW... hilarious avatar. Almost made me breathe a sigh of relief :thumbsup-80::biglaugh:

Sounds like the steering column cover in my Pete. Im bout ready to put a big damn hose clamp around it to see if that’ll silence it :mad-97:

BTW... hilarious avatar. Almost made me breathe a sigh of relief :thumbsup-80::biglaugh:
Try a soft bungee. Hose clamps will scratch up the plastic and might get you in trouble.

Not a super stiff rubber tarp strap but one of these.

20210519_193339.jpg

I keep them on the bike so I can strap cases of water on the back of the seat.

You are like the only guy I know that gets something brand new, looks at it and says Naah, this is no good I got to fix it.:biglaugh:
You don't know anyone with a Harley?

It seems like every one of those guys has to "customize" them with chrome accessories the minute they get them home from buying them.

It seems like every one of those guys has to "customize" them with chrome accessories the minute they get them home from buying them.
Thats right, and the first thing to go is them quiet Mickey Mouse pipes :cool-61:

I don't actually know anyone with a Harley. I do know a guy that bought a completely custom made bike.
I guess a Harley just wasn't original enough for him.

I don't actually know anyone with a Harley. I do know a guy that bought a completely custom made bike.
I guess a Harley just wasn't original enough for him.
Years ago when I hitched a ride out to North Dakota to drive @Injun's recently deceased friend's truck home to his family in El Paso, that guy in El Paso whom I brought the truck to had a Johnny Cash Special.

The only thing I remember specifically was it had a bicycle pedal on the kick starter. But it was a total Frankenstein. Engine was from a different year and model, tank was from a different bike, etc.

Digging out hostas so that little tree can have more nutrients.

20210520_130216.jpg

I didn't plant that tree. It just grew wild in a little patch of hostas that were only there as a lawn mowing hazard marker because someone a million years ago was too lazy to properly remove a clothes line pole.

20210520_125602.jpg

Nothing a sledge hammer couldn't take care of.

20210520_131152.jpg

What are going to do when it works it way up again.??
Beat it into submission again?
:rolllaugh3:
It was never beat down far enough in the first place. There was dirt under it at the time but I dug out beneath it to get all the hosta bulbs out. Perfect time to smash it down more and bury it.

It's kinda fun pulling this thing around. Ain't moved it in over a year. I decided to move it, mow the weeds around where it was, then put it back. First time I've had the 4 wheeler out in almost a year too.

20210520_200205.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread