• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

A bad Monday morning for USA Truck.

@Hammer166 You forgot one:

It is not a safety violation to ogle attractive women while driving. Further, it is not a preventable accident if you drive off the road while ogling attractive women.

I'm guessing he finally snapped the airline, keeping him from doing even more damage.

Noticed that cell phone stuck to his ear, too. Probably what got him into that mess to begin with.

What a puss!

If he was a REAL stepper, like me, he'd have backed off the trailer brakes and give er hell!! :)

aencrypted_tbn0_gstatic_com_images_bcdc1af1a17d261dc0fdcdf66fdfc9af._.jpg

I pulled into one of those little stops North of West Memphis a few years back...
so I wouldn't have to put up with W Memphis B/S.
There was this Swift trying to back into the next-to-last spot and he was having a helluva time of it.

While I was procuring the last spot I heard several drivers berating the guy for being such a dumbass.

After I parked I walked over to investigate and deduced that the guy was an English-challenged Asian immigrant.
He was all kinds of flustered and he had somehow snapped the glad-hand off his airline.
He was so ignorant that he just kept trying to back the trailer in with the brakes locked.

I convinced him to unhook (no mean feat) so I could back the trailer into the hole he had blocked and FINALLY made him understand that he could bobtail to the Memphis yard as-is once he shed the trailer.

He became my slave for life. :D

OK.
Actually,
after bowing about a hundred times,
he insisted on giving me about a dozen packs of some kind of nasty-ass spiced raw peanuts. :unsure:
And he kept pointing to the Swift decal on the truck and saying, cromny O U BRIG!!

I tried a handful of the peanuts...
:eek:
I frink I know whrat his probbrum wrus!! :D

Last edited:
I pulled into one of those little stops North of West Memphis a few years back...
so I wouldn't have to put up with W Memphis B/S.
There was this Swift trying to back into the next-to-last spot and he was having a helluva time of it.

While I was procuring the last spot I heard several drivers berating the guy for being such a dumbass.

After I parked I walked over to investigate and deduced that the guy was an English-challenged Asian immigrant.
He was all kinds of flustered and he had somehow snapped the glad-hand off his airline.
He was so ignorant that he just kept trying to back the trailer in with the brakes locked.

I convinced him to unhook (no mean feat) so I could back the trailer into the hole he had blocked and FINALLY made him understand that he could bobtail to the Memphis yard as-is once he shed the trailer.

He became my slave for life. :D

OK.
Actually,
after bowing about a hundred times,
he insisted on giving me about a dozen packs of some kind of nasty-*** spiced raw peanuts. :unsure:
And he kept pointing to the Swift decal on the truck and saying, cromny O U BRIG!!

I tried a handful of the peanuts...
:eek:
I frink I know whrat his probbrum wrus!! :D
I did something similar to that a few years back. But it wasn't because the driver was a dumbass. It was roughly 5000 degrees below zero in Sioux Falls. He had those hard plastic coiley type air lines that should be illegal. His red one snapped. He was in the middle of the aisle blocking everything. We tried making a temporary patch with a Bic pen tube & some tape, but I should've known it wasn't gonna stick. Tried just holding my thumb over the broken end and using the service line to pressurize the spring brakes (he had a Johnny bar) but that wouldn't work for some reason. The spring brakes never released.

There was a Paccar dealership right across the street & I was sitting there in a bobtail waiting on a load at a packing plant nearby, so I just backed his trailer into a spot for him & he took off to get new air lines.

Another driver from my company witnessed the whole thing & ratted me out. The boss bitched at me because "what if you hit another truck with his trailer?".

I did something similar to that a few years back. But it wasn't because the driver was a dumbass. It was roughly 5000 degrees below zero in Sioux Falls. He had those hard plastic coiley type air lines that should be illegal. His red one snapped. He was in the middle of the aisle blocking everything. We tried making a temporary patch with a Bic pen tube & some tape, but I should've known it wasn't gonna stick. Tried just holding my thumb over the broken end and using the service line to pressurize the spring brakes (he had a Johnny bar) but that wouldn't work for some reason. The spring brakes never released.

There was a Paccar dealership right across the street & I was sitting there in a bobtail waiting on a load at a packing plant nearby, so I just backed his trailer into a spot for him & he took off to get new air lines.

Another driver from my company witnessed the whole thing & ratted me out. The boss bitched at me because "what if you hit another truck with his trailer?".

Ahhh, the famous "What if" argument. Don't ya just love it.

I think the camera guy was in a pickup truck. His FB page says he's an electrician.

The USA guy's best bet would have been to pull the air brake, let traffic clear and then back out the way he went in. ...uh... BEFORE trying to whip a U.

He'll show up on some forum somewhere blaming USA trucking for this.
His best bet would have been to not put himself in that position to begin with.

Did you see that clearance sign off to the right that noted this overhead had a 13'0" clearance? I sure did. Why on earth did this driver pass that sign?

I encountered a low bridge (well it was not the first time, just one of the times) I saw the sign, I also saw the state trooper behind me. When I saw the sign i whipped into yard that I could turn around in, It also had a light pole in the yard. So i successfully got turned around and the they cops light me up. Ok I pull over, Hands outside the window as they walk up. The troopers says we where behind you and we thought you where going to hit the bridge. I said I saw the sign and turned around he says you almost hit the light pole. I said no I had two inches between the trailer and the pole.

Okay lets see you log book. Here you are Sir. Ok you still have hours left ( the thing is most of our drivers where out of hours by the time they got down there).
So the trooper says yeah you passed the place you where looking for, Its kind of hidden back away from the road. If you would like we can show you where it is. I was like yeah that would be great if you don't mind. They took me right there and I went to bed. This was all around 23:59 or 01;00 something like that.

That was pretty cool. The few NY,state troopers I have dealt with are pretty cool.

His best bet would have been to not put himself in that position to begin with.

Did you see that clearance sign off to the right that noted this overhead had a 13'0" clearance? I sure did. Why on earth did this driver pass that sign?
Yeh, but he passed it anyway. Apparently, he didn't think it applied to him.

We all get into situations sometimes that require some thought and judgment to get out of. It might be a mudhole in front of the shipper's dock that's deeper than it looks or a dead-end between buildings at a customer's facility that security directed us to and telling us there's "plenty of room" to turn around, forgetting we have a 53' trailer. Our job, as good drivers, is to think our way out of stuff like that, rather than get hot-headed and try to bull our way out. That's when it's a good idea to simply turn on the flashers, pull the air brake and have a good look around to consider the options.

Any fool can cruise down an open, limited access freeway with light traffic and keep it between the lines. It's when faced with these types of situations that your mettle as a driver is established.

Years ago back in the 80's I hauled carpet for new way love. They was based out of dalton ga and grand rapids mi, but had a small drop yard in anderson in. That is the hub I pulled out of. I don't remember the town exactly, but sees like it was on highway one and the town started with a C. Connersville maybe, don't have a map handy. There was a bridge marked 13 but you could get under it. Was a 4 lane. If you put on the 4 ways and got in the middle of all 4 lanes you could get under it. We had a driver they called Bink. He forgot it one day and peeled the trailer back about 6 foot before he came to a stop.....

Years ago back in the 80's I hauled carpet for new way love. They was based out of dalton ga and grand rapids mi, but had a small drop yard in anderson in. That is the hub I pulled out of. I don't remember the town exactly, but sees like it was on highway one and the town started with a C. Connersville maybe, don't have a map handy. There was a bridge marked 13 but you could get under it. Was a 4 lane. If you put on the 4 ways and got in the middle of all 4 lanes you could get under it. We had a driver they called Bink. He forgot it one day and peeled the trailer back about 6 foot before he came to a stop.....
Did they get bought out by Rosedale? Rosedale is in Dalton ( and Missisisauge ont) Rosedale hauls a lot of carpet and floor coverings.

I encountered a low bridge (well it was not the first time, just one of the times) I saw the sign, I also saw the state trooper behind me. When I saw the sign i whipped into yard that I could turn around in, It also had a light pole in the yard. So i successfully got turned around and the they cops light me up. Ok I pull over, Hands outside the window as they walk up. The troopers says we where behind you and we thought you where going to hit the bridge. I said I saw the sign and turned around he says you almost hit the light pole. I said no I had two inches between the trailer and the pole.

Okay lets see you log book. Here you are Sir. Ok you still have hours left ( the thing is most of our drivers where out of hours by the time they got down there).
So the trooper says yeah you passed the place you where looking for, Its kind of hidden back away from the road. If you would like we can show you where it is. I was like yeah that would be great if you don't mind. They took me right there and I went to bed. This was all around 23:59 or 01;00 something like that.

That was pretty cool. The few NY,state troopers I have dealt with are pretty cool.

I think most think all us Canadian type truckers are just slightly goofy, innocent, polite non-troublemakers. It's like they wanna just pat us on the head like little lost children. :D

Actually, in the days before GPS and all that, I've called police for directions to some odd place late at night and Got an answer like "You're Canadian aren't you?" Yessir. "Stay where you are and we'll send somebody to you". Sure enough, a few minutes later a cruiser shows up and leads me in. Different world back then (pre 9/11).

I think most think all us Canadian type truckers are just slightly goofy, innocent, polite non-troublemakers. It's like they wanna just pat us on the head like little lost children. :D

Actually, in the days before GPS and all that, I've called police for directions to some odd place late at night and Got an answer like "You're Canadian aren't you?" Yessir. "Stay where you are and we'll send somebody to you". Sure enough, a few minutes later a cruiser shows up and leads me in. Different world back then (pre 9/11).
Lmao!

As far as the earlier comment of helping drivers is concerned, I will rarely help another driver for 2 reasons.

1) I don't have the time. As a P/DC driver, I don't have the luxury of 8-24 hour delivery windows that you OTR drivers have. I have 10-20 minutes. I'm the ass hole y'all cringe about who will do what he can to get around this idiot.

2) I get paid to drive my truck, not yours. I won't help you if I feel that you're too incompetent to drive a truck.

As far as the earlier comment of helping drivers is concerned, I will rarely help another driver for 2 reasons.

1) I don't have the time. As a P/DC driver, I don't have the luxury of 8-24 hour delivery windows that you OTR drivers have. I have 10-20 minutes. I'm the *** hole y'all cringe about who will do what he can to get around this idiot.

2) I get paid to drive my truck, not yours. I won't help you if I feel that you're too incompetent to drive a truck.
Yup we know. I have done that type of P&D, It seems like you are always under the gun and behind on time and that's ok. I have not been on P&d in a long time and I sure do want to get home and have places to be. But I can take a minute to help a brother out.

I know that type of work is a bit different.

1) I don't have the time. As a P/DC driver, I don't have the luxury of 8-24 hour delivery windows that you OTR drivers have. I have 10-20 minutes. I'm the *** hole y'all cringe about who will do what he can to get around this idiot.

I will help sometimes and sometimes I won't.

Lots of times, no matter how wrong a guy is or what kind of predicament he's in, he simply does NOT want to hear it from a woman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.