• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Big trouble for USA Truck

Love the line that contract freight pulled out and went to the ultra cheap market...like I always say trucking is like food. Yeah McDonald’s gets the job done but it’s not enjoyable. Applebee’s is good but it’s not the best but you’ll like it a lot more than McDonald’s. But the 360 steakhouse. Who can afford that kind of gormet on a day to day basis. But the point is you get what you pay for. Good luck to them with the ultra cheap guys and lost/damaged freight.

Freight didn’t go to an “ultra cheap” market, it merely went back to the spot market.

Lots of larger carriers attempted to lock in contract freight at some pretty good rates while the spot market was soaring. It’s a big part of what killed the booming freight market last year and resulted in the BS we had to deal with early in 2019.

Their problem is, few of those contracts ever guarantee anything, such as a minimum number of loads per week. The shipper won’t lock themselves into a contract like that, nor will the carrier for fear of not being able to honor the contract.

The result? When the market takes a crap, brokers swoop in, undercut the rate, and get it back out on the spot market.

The fun roller coaster of the freight industry.

I just love how USATRUCK uses the term "Ultra cheap".
Yeah sure, USATRUCK hauls cheap freight but they are being undercut by "Ultra Cheap". :rolllaugh:
That is the way I read into the term they were using.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.