• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

USA TRUCK

F

firemedic2816

I signed on with USA TRUCK and start CDL School June 15th. I have heard that it can be up to 3 weeks post class to meet with a trainer, which is fine, I just want to make sure I am not sitting around my house for 3 weeks with out pay waiting, if I can stay with my current job until then would be better.
Any Info would be Great THANKS

I'd suggest going to your local community college and seeing if someone there has a truck driving program. If its an accredited school, likely they can help you get student loans to help fund it.

Check with the local job service as well. They might know of other retraining options that might help pay for the training.

A local program will likely have industry professionals that work with the local program that can provide leads for decent jobs too.

Doing this might also have options that let you start a lot sooner than jun 15.

Technical Colleges do it

I'd suggest going to your local community college and seeing if someone there has a truck driving program. If its an accredited school, likely they can help you get student loans to help fund it.

Check with the local job service as well. They might know of other retraining options that might help pay for the training.

A local program will likely have industry professionals that work with the local program that can provide leads for decent jobs too.

Doing this might also have options that let you start a lot sooner than jun 15.
June 15th was MY Choice because we have a family Vacation to Florida bought and paid for from June 5-14th, USA wanted me to start 2 weeks ago, but they are flexible, I checked local "Community College" because they have an 18 wheeler in the parking lot next to the interstate stating they offer CDL Training, but for what ever reason they could not offer Student Loans or what have you, and that is an 8 week course. I even inquired to just making monthly payments to them to pay for the course. NOPE You have to pay Amount IN FULL on 1st day of class. To that I replied, GOOD LUCK Getting Students. My guess would be if I had the extra $4,000-$5,000 laying around I wouldn't be getting into driving any way.
Thank you though for the INFO

well, they do tend to marry their cousins down there...;)
NOT ALWAYS, sometimes it's there brother or sister, Thankfully I am a Hoosier by birth and Forced here against my will because well HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE, it really isn't that bad if you can get by the kissin cousins/sisters part

NOT ALWAYS, sometimes it's there brother or sister, Thankfully I am a Hoosier by birth and Forced here against my will because well HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE, it really isn't that bad if you can get by the kissin cousins/sisters part
I hear in some parts of Kentucky you can get shot at for driving a Ford or a Dodge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread