What is the best phone headset on the market?

Shreck

I’m going to have to break down and buy a new headset the one built into the radio in the Freightliner just isn’t cutting i. What do you guys use?

Blueparrot. Probably better ones to be had at places other than truck stops, though.

Now that I am in a quieter truck, I’ll probably look outside the traditional trucker options next time.

Plantronics Voyager 5200 hands down. I've tried others, this one just plain kicks butt.. I wear it all day and get 6 hours talk time out of it. I forget I'm actually wearing it most days.
I used to wear blueparrots, but the noise canceling on these is incredible. Better than the boom mics.

Edit : and you don't look like a dork if you wear it outside the truck

Last edited:
I have a BP 450 I listen to a lot of You Tube on it that the 250 didn't do. I never bring it out of the truck except to bring it home. I have never felt the need of talking on the phone in the TS shitter but I wear it in my recliner watching law and Order reruns for the 32 time
What kind of YouTube videos do you listen to?

Been through a couple. Currently have Amazon random branded stuff like an "mpow" dual ear headset that's awesome but falls off my head when I lean over and "motast" dual in ear buds that can run 8 hours of continuous (tested it by listening to music all day).

Both have noise cancellation where nobody hears my air compressor in the shop standing 3 feet away or the truck with it running.

Plantronics Voyager 5200 hands down. I've tried others, this one just plain kicks butt.. I wear it all day and get 6 hours talk time out of it. I forget I'm actually wearing it most days.
Really? I’ve got an older Plantronics voyager but I think it’s the two or something but it’s whatever they had out on the market probably five or six years ago. It’s a pretty good little earpiece, it looks just like that 5200 but I’ve never tried it in the truck before.

I’m a long time blue parrot user ever since the days of my very first one which was the BT 250 and when it finally died out I got the blue parrot 350 which was a pretty good headset but since I wanted to try the blue parrot 450 I ended up selling the 350 to somebody and so far the 450 has been a very good headset. I’ve had it for quite a bit of time but I noticed the other day because the speaker was really loose on the frame so I decided to get my precision screwdriver set out to see what was wrong with it and I noticed that one of the screw holes on the plastic that basically attaches the speaker to the frame had busted off so I really only got the one screw that holds that on there but before that happened, since I wanted a spare headset, I got the blue parrot 550 and that was the biggest piece of junk I ever had because the first one had to get a warranty claim on it because of the sensor that’s built into the frame so they sent me a new one and even after keep that updated, it started having this problem we’re you’d be talking on the phone and then all the sudden just out of the blue, the damn thing would hang up the call just like you had reached up there and pushed the button the end of the call so finally after that, I think I was having a bad day so I just chucked the whole thing in the trashcan and only relied on my 450 but like I was saying before, that’s when I noticed that the speaker was really flopping around and noticed that one of the screw holes was busted off so i’m really increasingly interested in trying one of those headsets from blue tiger, the Elite Ultra.

Really? I’ve got an older Plantronics voyager but I think it’s the two or something but it’s whatever they had out on the market probably five or six years ago. It’s a pretty good little earpiece, it looks just like that 5200 but I’ve never tried it in the truck before.
I drive a 2000 Mack CH613, nobody can tell I'm bombing down the highway at 70 on my Voyager 5200. I just replaced it last weekend. I got 3 years out of the last one. They upped the battery, 7 hours talk time.

I'm with you on this.. plantronics hands down in the best. I've tried blue parrot and it sucked. Waste of money. It wouldn't allow me to even step outside of the truck to fuel without my connection breaking up. Plantronics let's me keep my phone in the cubby on the dash and walk all the way to the back of my trailer before it even starts breaking the connection. Blue parrot won't even let me keep my phone in my pocket or my call is distorted. Plantronics is the best, IMO.

I'm with you on this.. plantronics hands down in the best. I've tried blue parrot and it sucked. Waste of money. It wouldn't allow me to even step outside of the truck to fuel without my connection breaking up. Plantronics let's me keep my phone in the cubby on the dash and walk all the way to the back of my trailer before it even starts breaking the connection. Blue parrot won't even let me keep my phone in my pocket or my call is distorted. Plantronics is the best, IMO.
With my stone age blue parrot I would forget it's on my head and I could leave the phone in the cab and fuel up, wash the glass, drop & hook, etc but the minute I walk behind the trailer it would give me that "lost signal" beep.

I got me a new Blue Tiger Elite Ultra waiting at home to try that just came in off the mail truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread