• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Western Express CA terminal MADNESS

So business as usual then? 🤔
I'm starting to wish I was Al Bundy..

He got to work at the Shoe Store rub down Fat Girls all day..

Everything beyond a basic road test is a waste of time for anyone who's competent behind the wheel.
Right... “competent”. Thats the rub

They wouldnt want me givin road tests. At the very least I’ll wanna know if you can hit a dock from a right angle and bang pups together without help

Right... “competent”. Thats the rub

They wouldnt want me givin road tests. At the very least I’ll wanna know if you can hit a dock from a right angle and bang pups together without help
Those things are well and good, but have little bearing on driving ability. Take them out into busier traffic, and have them give a running commentary on possible threats.

Of course, even a lot of experienced guys would fail that ; there's far too many reactive drivers who spend their entire careers a step or two behind the truck.

I know the Western Express trucks I saw in Colorado were an embarrassment. There was honestly not one pulling for Loveland that didn't have massive amounts of driver induced damage.

I know the Western Express trucks I saw in Colorado were an embarrassment. There was honestly not one pulling for Loveland that didn't have massive amounts of driver induced damage.
My dashcam watched a WE driver high hook into the cab hard enough to hear the boom.

The really sad part is he was just out of the truck before that looking at the trailer.

My dashcam watched a WE driver high hook into the cab hard enough to hear the boom.

The really sad part is he was just out of the truck before that looking at the trailer.
I've thought for a while that Swift isn't really the worst anymore.

Maybe its time to crown a new champion of Best in Crash.

I've thought for a while that Swift isn't really the worst anymore.

Maybe its time to crown a new champion of Best in Crash.
Remember Triple Crown?

Random I know but they have some real estate up this way. I always think of their ragged crap when I see the for sale signs.

Those things are well and good, but have little bearing on driving ability. Take them out into busier traffic, and have them give a running commentary on possible threats.

Of course, even a lot of experienced guys would fail that ; there's far too many reactive drivers who spend their entire careers a step or two behind the truck.
I get where you’re coming from but for us actual driving isnt where most of the problems are, especially now in the days of automatic transmissions and collision mitigation crap. It’s regulations and maneuvering

Of course anybody that rams a low bridge oughta be fired right of the bat and should never be allowed near a truck again

That is for sure. This is evident when watching trucks running on people's bumpers, and the minute things slow down, they simple move at the last minute to pass the slowing traffic with no anticipation that things may be slowing down for a reason. They see nothing but the license plate in the car in front of them, and they see it well because they are so close.

It's kind of depressing to be rolling an 8 year old truck that still looks newish while seeing hundreds of trucks less than 2 years old with their front bumpers and cab fairings torn off.

It was worse when I was driving the '88 that didn't have anything but 33 years of wear.

It's kind of depressing to be rolling an 8 year old truck that still looks newish while seeing hundreds of trucks less than 2 years old with their front bumpers and cab fairings torn off.

It was worse when I was driving the '88 that didn't have anything but 33 years of wear.
Fairings are just extra junk ain't even gotta be there.

Wait until ya gotta get down in the city Blindside alley Dock off the street..

I'd rather crack some plastic winding her tight up than hit something else and "Real Property Damage"..

I guess though ya ain't supposed to need wind her back that tight 🤣

Atleast so I've been told more than afew times

I'd rather crack some plastic winding her tight up than hit something else and "Real Property Damage"..

Mine never had fairings but you can turn pretty sharp before you get into them. Never tore one off a truck that had 'em.

And you were told right! There is no need to be consistently jackknifing the truck to 90° and Beyond. I probably don't even need both hands to count how many times I've been beyond 90 degrees in a truck, in 37 freaking years! Guys who are consistently cut that tight are either too lazy to properly set up a back, or don't know how to properly set up.

And you were told right! There is no need to be consistently jackknifing the truck to 90° and Beyond. I probably don't even need both hands to count how many times I've been beyond 90 degrees in a truck, in 37 freaking years! Guys who are consistently cut that tight are either too lazy to properly set up a back, or don't know how to properly set up.
Yeah I do it knowing I don't have fairings and I'm lazy but not because of necessity.

It's still rare though, even for all my half assery.

When I started out either an Aerodynamic short Wheel Base..

Or the Square Nose hood basic trick longer frame and wheel base..

Nowadays ya go get a job ya probably in a Freightshaker "Crapcadia" or a VOLVO..

Just Plastic junk all around to "Break"..

I ain't gonna even lie to ya folks..

Sometimes just for a blast I'd do it on "Purpose" and Laugh my @$$ Off
And that's why you're in a temp job cleaning parts.

And most "Drivers" wouldn't "consider doing such..

They just Drive Truck and that's all they ever do..

Sometimes ya get "Burned" Out there..

Glad atleast I worked abuncha jobs younger and I have the Basic Skills..

Nowadays I can just go home call the Agency..

I'm back in town looking for a "Day-Job"..

But ya show up On Time "everyday"
I've gotten burned out a couple times but I've never entertained the idea of cleaning parts for a living.

I'd rather move forward when I grow tired of something, not backwards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread