• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Western Express CA terminal MADNESS

WARNING: Western Express' West coast division is INSANE. They are hiring LITERALLY ANYBODY. One driver I have seen wanders about the Bloomington, CA terminal and is obviously mentally handicapped. Many others appear to be suffering from various mental illnesses. Many are obviously homeless. Minor crashes are happening constantly in the yard. One driver in my orientation group was admittedly autistic. The terminal itself looks like an abandoned insane asylum haphazardly converted into a trucking terminal.
This has resulted in a mass shortage of trucks and trainers for new hires. Dozens of people just waiting around the terminal for a truck or trainer and the few sane ones leaving to work for a different company.
The "road test" is literally just a drive around the block so NOBODY CAN FAIL IT. The shop is FULL CONSTANTLY- with a long line of trucks waiting for repairs. The yard is always congested with empty and loaded trailers because drivers constantly quit in the middle of a load. Employee parking is mixed in with the truck and trailer parking and every few days tons of cars get blocked in by trailers that have nowhere else to go.
UTTER MADNESS.

I cant speak for the Nashville terminal, but from what I hear it sounds like an actual, normal place. But driver's considering working for their west coast van division... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Mike

I have seen wanders about the Bloomington, CA terminal and is obviously mentally handicapped. Many others appear to be suffering from various mental illnesses. Many are obviously homeless. Minor crashes are happening constantly in the yard. One driver in my orientation group was admittedly autistic. The terminal itself looks like an abandoned insane asylum haphazardly converted into a trucking terminal.

They should sell tickets just so we can go view the chaos it sounds like, lol.

Uncle Birchy

WARNING: Western Express' West coast division is INSANE. They are hiring LITERALLY ANYBODY. One driver I have seen wanders about the Bloomington, CA terminal and is obviously mentally handicapped. Many others appear to be suffering from various mental illnesses. Many are obviously homeless. Minor crashes are happening constantly in the yard. One driver in my orientation group was admittedly autistic. The terminal itself looks like an abandoned insane asylum haphazardly converted into a trucking terminal.
This has resulted in a mass shortage of trucks and trainers for new hires. Dozens of people just waiting around the terminal for a truck or trainer and the few sane ones leaving to work for a different company.
The "road test" is literally just a drive around the block so NOBODY CAN FAIL IT. The shop is FULL CONSTANTLY- with a long line of trucks waiting for repairs. The yard is always congested with empty and loaded trailers because drivers constantly quit in the middle of a load. Employee parking is mixed in with the truck and trailer parking and every few days tons of cars get blocked in by trailers that have nowhere else to go.
UTTER MADNESS.

I cant speak for the Nashville terminal, but from what I hear it sounds like an actual, normal place. But driver's considering working for their west coast van division... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
Did ya take a good look around out there..

Whatever company "Name Here"..

Whatever place "Blank"..

Welcome 2 the Real World Pal.

Now as part of "Initiation" we gotta take out the Back of Pee-Lot ..

Beat-Down and your Tattoo

Electric Chicken

Premium
UTTER MADNESS.

So business as usual then? 🤔

389 Hood

Premium
If that's all true, then someone needs to have this looked into before people are killed on the roads by these "drivers". They can easily be shut down by CalDOT.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
They are hiring LITERALLY ANYBODY. One driver I have seen wanders about the Bloomington, CA terminal and is obviously mentally handicapped. Many others appear to be suffering from various mental illnesses. Many are obviously homeless. Minor crashes are happening constantly in the yard. One driver in my orientation group was admittedly autistic.
Western Express is a shitty company but since you're new to the industry, you need to know that most of the big companies have degenerates everywhere during orientation.

Most of them are weeded out by the drug tests and criminal background checks.

The shop is FULL CONSTANTLY- with a long line of trucks waiting for repairs.
This is most likely because of the labor shortage created by the government paying people not to work, and by the government requiring unreliable emissions control equipment that is constantly causing problems. And parts shortages caused by the government shutting down every business they didn't consider "essential" last year.

The yard is always congested with empty and loaded trailers because drivers constantly quit in the middle of a load.
This is normal for any company and has nothing to do with drivers quitting.

I don't know specifically about Western Express but a lot of companies have drivers who need to get home, grab a load and bring it to the yard and another driver who just left home grabs it. Or they have a local guy who goes home every day, brings empty trailers to local shippers and brings pre-loaded ones to the yard so they can be picked up by drivers who can't make it to the shipper before they close, or to save him time, having his next load ready to grab & go when he gets to the yard and drops off a load that delivers nearby, (and the local guy delivers it) etc. There are a lot of normal reasons for loaded trailers to be in the yard. You'll learn this stuff in the next few months though.

But yeah, for the most part, Western Express is known to be a shitty company that has low hiring standards.

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
Premium
A profession such as this requires a little more than just a pee-pee test and 5 min joyride around the block, just saying.
Since you're new here, you should know that Birchy is pretty much the living embodiment of everything wrong with trucking. And I'm not even joking.

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
I see. Yeah just looking at his post before even reading it I could tell there was something wrong. Same disturbance in the force I would feel when I would enter the WE terminal.
A lotta people make fun of Birchy but, after some coaching, we've taught him to hold his phone sideways when recording video.

That alone officially places him right of center on the IQ testing bell curve graph.

But he can also tie his own shoes and pull his pants up all the way, and that qualifies him as a genius by California standards.

Mike

But he can also tie his own shoes and pull his pants up all the way, and that qualifies him as a genius by California standards.
Are you sure? He still eats burritos heated up on the defroster and has been known to go shirtless on the forum.

Uncle Birchy

Are you sure? He still eats burritos heated up on the defroster and has been known to go shirtless on the forum.
Alteast for awhile I could take my shirt off "No Shame"..

I think it was @Patriciajhnson said I forget to Zip my Fly

Users who are viewing this thread