Truckers Health So surgery hurts.....

Was this in Soviet Russia?

Or was it this guy?

View attachment 46665
I later found out........The man was Egyptian working here with a green card.....and had a whole host of patients after him.

Last edited:
No ****! Last GF was going to a primary care guy who was a major quack... really messed her up.

@Keendriver - get better Dude. When they start cuttin' on ya it ain't no laughin' matter. Ya didn't need that ol' appendix anyhow... just extra stuff ya don't need that only adds useless details to th' story.

Now if they removed yer index, ya'd be seriously up th' proverbial creek!

It took me a while to heal up and get back to normal life. Hardy ever go to doctors now. I am healthy as a horse....wear a eight inch scar. Some day when i get old i plan to having a hairy naked cave man tattoo over that scar. This Tweety bird turned into one tough old bird. Just be careful who you deal with as heath cannot be replaced nor can a life.

They took my appendix.

How am I gonna find stuff?

Fri afternoon as I leave the yard I start to develop a stomach ache.......a rather bad one.
"Eh....just ate something didn't agree with me."
As the evening proceeds the pain ramps up and I consider telling dispatch I ain't doing the second trip. But, as it will finish the night and I figure iffin I ain't better on Sat. I will call out, I go ahead and run it.

Driving to my third station (about 2 hrs) the pain starts to recede, or so I thought. It really had just moved down to my lower right side and waited for me to do something stupid.
And I did.......

My job basically. Lifting those hoses to drain them put an ass whoopin' on me.
So now I'm sweating and panting so much you'd a thought I was at a mexican buffet!
Ba doom pish.......I'm here all week (2 weeks actually)

I climb up in the truck and I reach down and touch my right side and almost went thru the roof of the cab!
Ok.......this is officially not a stomach ache any longer.

Going thru my extensive medical knowledge (took .837 seconds) I landed on "I think that's where my appendix is....?"

Now a bit O panic starts to creep in cuz I've been ignoring this "stomach ache" for about 10 hrs.
Has this given my appendix enough time to burst?
Cuz even I know that ain't good.

Hustle my ass back to town, call the wife to let her know I is going to the ER.

She meets me there and in we go at a somewhat gingerly pace.
As in "look at that 92 yr old man trying to shuffle his frail decrepit body across the street"

They get me a bed and start taking vitals and the nurse tells me they will be removing my appendix.
"You're already that sure?"
"We could make a text book case outta you"

Even in sickness I set the standards.

Few hrs later I'm in the rip out room and the offending appendix is removed.

The pain wasn't terrible in the recovery room (kept me overnite) and I figured this was gonna be a breeze.
Then they released me and I walked to the car.........
Yeah, I'm done with walking........maybe forever.

I took very little pain meds while in hospital. Now? every 3 hrs and it effin hurts waiting that long.

So no driving for 5 days, no lifting ( yeah right, my fat ass is in my recliner for the foreseeable) for 2 weeks.

So in case any of ya's wondered........surgery HURTS!

of course we wish you a speedy recovery.......

so we can rought ya up a bit quicker

They took my appendix.

Fri afternoon as I leave the yard I start to develop a stomach ache.......a rather bad one.
As the evening proceeds the pain ramps up and I consider telling dispatch I ain't doing the second trip. But, as it will finish the night and I figure iffin I ain't better on Sat. I will call out, I go ahead and run it.

Driving to my third station (about 2 hrs) the pain starts to recede, or so I thought. It really had just moved down to my lower right side and waited for me to do something stupid.
And I did.......

So now I'm sweating and panting so much you'd a thought I was at a mexican buffet!

I climb up in the truck and I reach down and touch my right side and almost went thru the roof of the cab!

Going thru my extensive medical knowledge (took .837 seconds) I landed on "I think that's where my appendix is....?"

Now a bit O panic starts to creep in cuz I've been ignoring this "stomach ache" for about 10 hrs.

As in "look at that 92 yr old man trying to shuffle his frail decrepit body across the street"

They get me a bed and start taking vitals and the nurse tells me they will be removing my appendix.

The pain wasn't terrible in the recovery room (kept me overnite) and I figured this was gonna be a breeze.

I took very little pain meds while in hospital. Now? every 3 hrs and it effin hurts waiting that long.

So no driving for 5 days, no lifting ( yeah right, my fat ass is in my recliner for the foreseeable) for 2 weeks.

Wow!! good catch and glad its out. Wishing a speedy recovery ;)

They took my appendix.

And I did.......

Glad your on the mend ex-TP hauler....
I had a really nasty paper cut once.. I feel your pain.. LMAO

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread