Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia


Me, of course. But, I talked BMO out of penalizing me for early payoff of the current truck, so I'm ok with how it all worked out.

4.5% on a 75 month note, no penalty for early payoff.
Are you going to change the name on the truck or are you stuck with "Truckers forum dot net trucking LLC" or whatever it is?
 
Not to be Debbie Downer but there's gently used 579 Pete's with a Cummins going for less than 180,000 frigging dollars.
Not touching a Cummins. Or a used truck.

Cummins has a good motor, but loud as hell. I have a loud truck now, and wanting something quiet this go around. Not interested in the emissions on one of those engines, though, especially adopting one that has already had miles piled up on it.

$180k includes APU and Arctic Fox tank heaters, as well as the 600k engine and aftertreatment warranty, as well as the 600k warranty for the rest of the truck. The warranties will give me more value if/when I decide to dump it in year 5.

I'm telling you, when you look at a used truck for money savings, you likely lose any saving and them some once you deal wth repairs on that truck in addition to the downtime. Its the downtime that is a real bank breaker.

And insurance. My insurance rate for physical damage went up a very small amount (1.9% of value), but the cargo/liablility portion dropped, saving me a few bucks as well.

Fuel cost is another reason to purchase. I'm over 7 lifetime on my truck now, 7.2 for the last 90 days, but I expect to do significantly better with this truck.

And, it's just time. I want something comfortable to drive. I've busted my rear to set myself up to be able to not have to drive old trucks, did the math, and realized I can now drive new trucks with better profit than old trucks.

It would be different if I was having to pay higher interest rates
 
Not touching a Cummins. Or a used truck.

Cummins has a good motor, but loud as hell. I have a loud truck now, and wanting something quiet this go around. Not interested in the emissions on one of those engines, though, especially adopting one that has already had miles piled up on it.

$180k includes APU and Arctic Fox tank heaters, as well as the 600k engine and aftertreatment warranty, as well as the 600k warranty for the rest of the truck. The warranties will give me more value if/when I decide to dump it in year 5.

I'm telling you, when you look at a used truck for money savings, you likely lose any saving and them some once you deal wth repairs on that truck in addition to the downtime. Its the downtime that is a real bank breaker.

And insurance. My insurance rate for physical damage went up a very small amount (1.9% of value), but the cargo/liablility portion dropped, saving me a few bucks as well.

Fuel cost is another reason to purchase. I'm over 7 lifetime on my truck now, 7.2 for the last 90 days, but I expect to do significantly better with this truck.

And, it's just time. I want something comfortable to drive. I've busted my rear to set myself up to be able to not have to drive old trucks, did the math, and realized I can now drive new trucks with better profit than old trucks.

It would be different if I was having to pay higher interest rates
Don't defend yourself just tell him to STFU. 😃

I agree 100% with your analysis. If I wasn't planning to be local and at the home base daily, my decision would have been completely different.
 
I can't believe how expensive those fancy sleeper berths are. It's ridiculous.

Price a camper the same size.
 
I can't believe how expensive those fancy sleeper berths are. It's ridiculous.

Price a camper the same size.
The 120 inch sleeper by Bolt is something like $60k installed. You would save money on the truck as you would be buying a day can basically.

Seriously, you can get into one of those for not much more than what my truck cost. Probably an additional 20k or so. It would be worth it to me if I was to switch to a niche that allowed for the crazy length of the trucks. Just not feasible out running the spot market
 
The 120 inch sleeper by Bolt is something like $60k installed. You would save money on the truck as you would be buying a day can basically.

Seriously, you can get into one of those for not much more than what my truck cost. Probably an additional 20k or so. It would be worth it to me if I was to switch to a niche that allowed for the crazy length of the trucks. Just not feasible out running the spot market
Yeah what's a mere 20 grand? 🤣

That's more than what @Blood buys his entire trucks for.

I think he's been driving his current Columbia glider longer than you've had your T-660 and I don't think he's spent a lot on repairs other than little stuff.

Of course your T-660 is a way nicer truck to drive, but you've said yourself that trucking is a business.
 
Campers are flimsy. They're made of 2x2's and sheet metal so John Q. Dinglebutt can pull it with his 6 cylinder half ton.

We could get one of the short pup size shipping containers and make one from scratch that'll be rugged enough for truckular use.
Why would we overbuild it when it's just for Mike? He's gonna ditch it in like 2 years anyway.
 

Back
Top