Owner Operator Replacing the T660 with a new Cascadia

What?

Flex seal wasnt good enough for ya? :headscratch2:
It don't think it existed in the 1990's.

I didn't even do that hillbilly-ass patch job. I bought it that way.

When I gutted the boat a couple years ago and ripped out the other live well, I took it to a fab shop and had them TIG weld an aluminum plate over it.

The hillbilly patch job doesn't leak though, even after at least 20 years, so I left it alone.

Yeah what's a mere 20 grand? 🤣

That's more than what @Blood buys his entire trucks for.

I think he's been driving his current Columbia glider longer than you've had your T-660 and I don't think he's spent a lot on repairs other than little stuff.

Of course your T-660 is a way nicer truck to drive, but you've said yourself that trucking is a business.
Don't ask me 'bout my binuzz'
and I won't tell you no lies.

Talked to the salesman today. Truck went down the line as scheduled last week, build is complete, just waiting for it's turn to come across the border.

Built on the week of Christmas. Will the truck be blessed as a result, or missing parts because of a holiday?

(Michelin Tires Swap Update) X Line Energy D+ would be an additional $1700, and would take a couple weeks to round up the tires. At that price, sticking with the XDN-2. Even the regular X Line Energy D would be $1500, so definitely not worth it there if the folks at Michelin are being honest with me about the rolling resistance.

So now, it's the wait to clear customs, which shouldn't be an issue. Truck will show up with 80 miles on it, or 1100 miles on it, depending on whether it is being driven, or the one being towed. 50/50 chance there. It's already been paired with a truck to make the trip, just a matter of making the trip.

Hoping it arrives on the 11th, as the Thermo King shop is now falling behind in their work due to losing employees to COVID. Hopefully that will have cycled through all of them by the time my truck shows up and they will be fully staffed again.

Unloaded in Bridgeport, OH today. Reloading in New Concord, OH tomorrow to deliver in Searcy, AR on Saturday (Sam's Club). That will be the last load in this truck, unless I find a short load home rather than deadheading the 250 or so miles.

Well, hopefully your truck will be one of the ones being towed rather than doing the towing.

Any waze, Good luck with the new truck! :thumbsup:

Final delivery complete, and the truck is cleaned out.

Wife and one of the kids showed up at the truck stop to pick me up. I was planning on cleaning out the truck during the week this week, but we decided to just do it yesterday and had the entire truck empty within about 15 minutes.

Still gonna clean it up a little. Not much because they are gonna do it again anyway.

Truck arrived early. They have it over at Bauerbuilt in Joplin getting it aligned and installing Centramatics. Bumper goes on tomorrow, and it will be at Thermoking Monday to get APU and tank heaters.

Truck arrived early. They have it over at Bauerbuilt in Joplin getting it aligned and installing Centramatics. Bumper goes on tomorrow, and it will be at Thermoking Monday to get APU and tank heaters.
Fuel tank or air tank heaters?

As much fuel as new engines cycle, I thought fuel tank heaters were thing of the past.

As much fuel as new engines cycle, I thought fuel tank heaters were thing of the past.

This is the first year I’ve never had fuel issues. My Volvo has coolant heaters in the davco and arctic fox heaters on the fuel tanks

Last edited:
This is the first year I’ve never had fuel issues. My Volvo has coolant theaters in the davco and arctic fox heaters on the fuel tanks
Did you ever chop your exhaust stacks with a Sawzall like you were ordered to by the official outlaw flatbed authority of Ontario? 😂

This is the first year I’ve never had fuel issues. My Volvo has coolant theaters in the davco and arctic fox heaters on the fuel tanks
I had Arctic Fox heaters on an 89 T600 with a B Model and loved them, but that engine returned such a small amount of fuel it was pretty necessary unless cutting the fuel with #1 pretty heavy.

I am ignorant on new engines, just assumed the cycled fuel enough to keep it warm without heaters. Learn something new every day!

Fuel Tank Heaters. Regardless of temp, I like to shut the truck off at night and want the fuel to be kept somewhat warm.

Lots of fuel is returned to the tank in this truck, but as I think @Hammer166 mentioned to me, it doesn't all travel through the engine.

Did you ever chop your exhaust stacks with a Sawzall like you were ordered to by the official outlaw flatbed authority of Ontario? 😂

Even got a headache rack and go faster low profile chrome stack and a whoopy light on now.

A0E06EC5-C72E-4B31-A3E9-D123B73569E3.jpeg

And even gotted stooper twucker high drag low speed quarter fenders.

7F0205EB-5405-4D14-8E69-B94077318AA4.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread