Mike is too prissy to sit in anyone else's ass stains anymore.Not to be Debbie Downer but there's gently used 579 Pete's with a Cummins going for less than 180,000 frigging dollars.
Are you going to change the name on the truck or are you stuck with "Truckers forum dot net trucking LLC" or whatever it is?Me, of course. But, I talked BMO out of penalizing me for early payoff of the current truck, so I'm ok with how it all worked out.
4.5% on a 75 month note, no penalty for early payoff.
Isn't it Freightrelocators.com/forum/banduck.php Trucking LLC now?Are you going to change the name on the truck or are you stuck with "Truckers forum dot net trucking LLC" or whatever it is?
Not touching a Cummins. Or a used truck.Not to be Debbie Downer but there's gently used 579 Pete's with a Cummins going for less than 180,000 frigging dollars.
Company name isn't changing. It's just a new truck.Are you going to change the name on the truck or are you stuck with "Truckers forum dot net trucking LLC" or whatever it is?
Don't defend yourself just tell him to STFU.Not touching a Cummins. Or a used truck.
Cummins has a good motor, but loud as hell. I have a loud truck now, and wanting something quiet this go around. Not interested in the emissions on one of those engines, though, especially adopting one that has already had miles piled up on it.
$180k includes APU and Arctic Fox tank heaters, as well as the 600k engine and aftertreatment warranty, as well as the 600k warranty for the rest of the truck. The warranties will give me more value if/when I decide to dump it in year 5.
I'm telling you, when you look at a used truck for money savings, you likely lose any saving and them some once you deal wth repairs on that truck in addition to the downtime. Its the downtime that is a real bank breaker.
And insurance. My insurance rate for physical damage went up a very small amount (1.9% of value), but the cargo/liablility portion dropped, saving me a few bucks as well.
Fuel cost is another reason to purchase. I'm over 7 lifetime on my truck now, 7.2 for the last 90 days, but I expect to do significantly better with this truck.
And, it's just time. I want something comfortable to drive. I've busted my rear to set myself up to be able to not have to drive old trucks, did the math, and realized I can now drive new trucks with better profit than old trucks.
It would be different if I was having to pay higher interest rates

Maybe something like that for my next truck.
The 120 inch sleeper by Bolt is something like $60k installed. You would save money on the truck as you would be buying a day can basically.I can't believe how expensive those fancy sleeper berths are. It's ridiculous.
Price a camper the same size.
Yeah what's a mere 20 grand?The 120 inch sleeper by Bolt is something like $60k installed. You would save money on the truck as you would be buying a day can basically.
Seriously, you can get into one of those for not much more than what my truck cost. Probably an additional 20k or so. It would be worth it to me if I was to switch to a niche that allowed for the crazy length of the trucks. Just not feasible out running the spot market

I got a welder. We could mig one onto the frame.I can't believe how expensive those fancy sleeper berths are. It's ridiculous.
Price a camper the same size.
Campers are flimsy. They're made of 2x2's and sheet metal so John Q. Dinglebutt can pull it with his 6 cylinder half ton.I got a welder. We could mig one onto the frame.
Why would we overbuild it when it's just for Mike? He's gonna ditch it in like 2 years anyway.Campers are flimsy. They're made of 2x2's and sheet metal so John Q. Dinglebutt can pull it with his 6 cylinder half ton.
We could get one of the short pup size shipping containers and make one from scratch that'll be rugged enough for truckular use.
Yeah, as soon as one of the truck manufacturers comes up with a few new bells and whistles to play with.Why would we overbuild it when it's just for Mike? He's gonna ditch it in like 2 years anyway.

And never wash it.Why would we overbuild it when it's just for Mike? He's gonna ditch it in like 2 years anyway.
Yeah, as soon as one of the truck manufacturers comes up with a few new bells and whistles to play with.![]()