How do you spend your home time?

@ironpony spends his free hometime combing through the forum looking for innocent threads to hijack. That's what he does.

LOL! How'd you ever guess?

:confused2:

I don't mind if threads like this get hijacked. It's great to see the direction they can take and it's more like a real conversation that just travels along, touching on several subjects.

I don't mind if threads like this get hijacked. It's great to see the direction they can take and it's more like a real conversation that just travels along, touching on several subjects.
I disagree! Everyone who strays off topic must be banned!

I will soon have this forum all to myself!

Bwahahahahhaha! :stirpot2:

Seems anymore, especially since I have rural property, my home time is more like work time. I always seem to have projects I have to get on top of. Got in Yesterday around 11 AM, went immediately to digging the dirt off the top of my septic tank to get it ready for the pumper to come in next week and clean it out. I then went to restacking a pile of trees with my New Holland tractor loader. Got cleaned up quick and met my local state congressman for a 3 PM lunch and had a great chat, then came home and immediately went to changing out coolant on the tractor/loader and a few other things getting it ready for winter work. Will take care of some little stuff on the truck today, straighten up the shop a little, clean out the eaves around the house from some of the falling leaves, and generally get ready to start the week again at 5 AM Monday. Seems the older I get, the busier I get. If I didn't take a couple weeks off a couple times a year, I would never have any free time it seems like. Don't even want to think about the 1/8 mile of fence that I need to redo.

Last edited:
I spend a lot of time with this-
Bell.05_zps4rixdkqx.jpg

Looking like this-
DED9C9CD-7DDD-437F-ABBC-14829E286B0D_zpscrmpj6nt.jpg

Doing this with great friends-
Sunday%20ride_zpsmqw4vpbf.jpg

Then on the days I'm not doing the above I take these out and play-
G0050124_zps28d23e01.jpg

Don't worry I got rid of the Hillbilly Red/White dually (a 1995 with exactly 100k miles when I sold it July 1st) and got a new toy with matching bed-cab-
20150711_063826_zpsvusb4lra.jpg

I rode my whole life. Started in a 1974 Yamaha 125 enduro. Moved up to a 2002 R6, 2005 GSXR750, 2009 R1, and now I have an XR650 dual sport. Was tired of the sport bikes and wanted something different. Rode that about a year and realized I'm tired of riding bikes altogether. Too many close calls and not enough thrill in it anymore to justify those close calls. I like sitting on my couch and doing nothing when I'm home. That and lots of sex with my wife. Thinking I'm going to buy a Scion FRS and build on it. See how much power I can squeeze into that little boxer 4.

I rode my whole life. Started in a 1974 Yamaha 125 enduro. Moved up to a 2002 R6, 2005 GSXR750, 2009 R1, and now I have an XR650 dual sport. Was tired of the sport bikes and wanted something different. Rode that about a year and realized I'm tired of riding bikes altogether. Too many close calls and not enough thrill in it anymore to justify those close calls. I like sitting on my couch and doing nothing when I'm home. That and lots of sex with my wife. Thinking I'm going to buy a Scion FRS and build on it. See how much power I can squeeze into that little boxer 4.
Have you driven the FR/S or BRZ yet? There's not much room to get more power to the ground. Now if your into drifting or just want to go around your neighborhood sideways then they're a blast. My daughter is a sales(person) at a Toyota dealership and that dealer also owns the Subaru dealership. I had a weekend with a bright yellow FR/S, 1 of 1500 TRD special editions and it was fun but again, no way to get the power to the pavement. But in the interest of full disclosure, I have a 350Z putting 641hp (chassis dyno'd) to the ground so I'm spoiled.

Now as for the motorcycle thing, as many here know my former life was that of a show truck driver for a custom motorcycle manufacturer. The day they closed the doors and I pulled up in front of my house I vowed to NEVER touch another motorcycle again. Well never was an awfully long time. Back in February I was offered a bike to go riding with my boss. We tore up the roads south of Dallas for an entire day and this time since it wasn't my job the be riding a bike I enjoyed it. Fast forward to my wife of 20 years leaving to "find herself" and an opportunity presented itself to own a one of a kind Willie G show bike and I now own said show bike. I love it and hate it. It's got a full on custom Screaming Eagle race engine with open primary and crap. Runs like a top fuel bike but is also quite a handful. Fuel mileage sucks considering a 1200 sporty with a little peanut tank can go further than I can but they can't do it blowing a crotch rocket off the road so trade-off's.

Have you driven the FR/S or BRZ yet? There's not much room to get more power to the ground. Now if your into drifting or just want to go around your neighborhood sideways then they're a blast. My daughter is a sales(person) at a Toyota dealership and that dealer also owns the Subaru dealership. I had a weekend with a bright yellow FR/S, 1 of 1500 TRD special editions and it was fun but again, no way to get the power to the pavement. But in the interest of full disclosure, I have a 350Z putting 641hp (chassis dyno'd) to the ground so I'm spoiled.

Now as for the motorcycle thing, as many here know my former life was that of a show truck driver for a custom motorcycle manufacturer. The day they closed the doors and I pulled up in front of my house I vowed to NEVER touch another motorcycle again. Well never was an awfully long time. Back in February I was offered a bike to go riding with my boss. We tore up the roads south of Dallas for an entire day and this time since it wasn't my job the be riding a bike I enjoyed it. Fast forward to my wife of 20 years leaving to "find herself" and an opportunity presented itself to own a one of a kind Willie G show bike and I now own said show bike. I love it and hate it. It's got a full on custom Screaming Eagle race engine with open primary and crap. Runs like a top fuel bike but is also quite a handful. Fuel mileage sucks considering a 1200 sporty with a little peanut tank can go further than I can but they can't do it blowing a crotch rocket off the road so trade-off's.
Yeah, that release series 1.0 is HOT! Not a big fan of yellow though. You can slap a turbo on those FRS's and get more power can't you? I was also looking at that release series TC 9.0. The orange and black one. I had a 2012 TC and I put a turbo on it. Pretty bad ass. I'm thinking I'll put the same body kit they have on the release series 1.0 FRS with the lowering springs. New wheels, turbo, and drift away. At a track of course.

I was looking at getting a Harley 48. And customizing it to my liking. But again, I've had a few wrecks through the years, obviously nothing too serious for I'm still here, none of them were from wreck less riding or anything. Just other idiots on the road. One lady came into my lane and I had to curb it. Went over the handlebars. Another one i was clipping along at the speed limit and this jack ass stops dead in the middle of the road to let someone out of his car. Didn't see me coming up behind him. I locked both tired but realized I was gonna hit him so I laid it down. And a bunch of other close calls. I don't mind dying but I don't want to be crippled or have some bad bone breakage which will hurt the rest of my life. Plus I'm getting older and don't heal as fast.

Yeah, that release series 1.0 is HOT! Not a big fan of yellow though. You can slap a turbo on those FRS's and get more power can't you? I was also looking at that release series TC 9.0. The orange and black one. I had a 2012 TC and I put a turbo on it. Pretty bad ass. I'm thinking I'll put the same body kit they have on the release series 1.0 FRS with the lowering springs. New wheels, turbo, and drift away. At a track of course.

Oh yes, there's a ton of stuff you can do to those Subaru motors and get stupid power out of them. If I didn't already have my 350Z I would have bought that FR/S but I don't need two useless cars (however I'm looking at the new Stingray REALLY hard). The sales manager was trying like mad to get me to trade my Z on the FR/S but he's a car dealer and no matter how he spun the numbers he wasn't even paying for the motor in the Z let alone the whole car. A week later I rolled up on my Harley though and he offered to trade straight across but again, I would have been on the loosing end. They like me and don't like me at that dealership, I don't trade and pay cash so they can't make money off me on the back end of the deals.

Oh yes, there's a ton of stuff you can do to those Subaru motors and get stupid power out of them. If I didn't already have my 350Z I would have bought that FR/S but I don't need two useless cars (however I'm looking at the new Stingray REALLY hard). The sales manager was trying like mad to get me to trade my Z on the FR/S but he's a car dealer and no matter how he spun the numbers he wasn't even paying for the motor in the Z let alone the whole car. A week later I rolled up on my Harley though and he offered to trade straight across but again, I would have been on the loosing end. They like me and don't like me at that dealership, I don't trade and pay cash so they can't make money off me on the back end of the deals.
Yeah I'm looking at a 2015 FRS. Real low interest on the loan as an incentive to get rid of last years surplus since the '16's are out now. And I'm going to put half down cash. So it'll be a cheap note because they're only $26 grand out the door anyway.

Hometime is a bit Boring.
I work from 21.00 to 07.00 Wednesday to Sunday. very first Week Monday too and Tuesday off. Next week Monday and Tuesday off.
Then home by Bus. 15 Minutes about. Out of clothes,Computer half an Hour,Shower and Bed.
Up around 12.00 to 14.00 to go to Cash Machine and Pub for a Coffee or Two. Then back to Bed till 18.30 to get Bus to Work.
Carry for Milk Company emties to Dairy,swap Trailer and bring Milk in Bottles or Tetra Pack back. Normally 2 runs a Night.
When off 2 Day or longer often with Camera anywhere in Uk,or then and when to Austria.
Anual leave is mainly over to California and Nevada. Lots of hiking with Camera. Not that many miles,but Hours.
Where to see me there.
Ranger Campsite at Topaz Lake Ca/Nv,
Looney Bean in Bishop Ca
County Kitchen in Big Pine Ca
Bagdad Cafe in Newberry Springs
Peggy Sues 50's Dinner in Yermo Ca

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread