How Do You Spend Time In The Cab?

smokeybandit23

Just a general question, wondering how those stuck in sleepers/waiting on clients etc spend time while on the road (you know, when you're not sleeping) Any good ideas for hobbies or ways to pass time? Just curious is all.

I sleep, do billing/paperwork, wash my windows or do more indepth inspections or little repairs in my detention time.

Mainly, sleep or eat.

Just a general question, wondering how those stuck in sleepers/waiting on clients etc spend time while on the road (you know, when you're not sleeping) Any good ideas for hobbies or ways to pass time? Just curious is all.
when i ran the road, i'd do some cleaning, reading a local newspaper, make home calls, maybe watch a movie in the tv room, (i had no DVD player at the time). or i'd get some sleep, do some laundry.

my current job, i am not sitting at all, unless i am driving, and it is a daycab.

I don't have a sleeper but on the few live unload I do, I take the time to sit on my ass.

Don't get much of that.

This will sound backwards but I've even thought about going OTR with US Xpress knowing that they have us sit a lot, so I'd have time to take online courses but still make enough to keep the bills paid.

This will sound backwards but I've even thought about going OTR with US Xpress knowing that they have us sit a lot, so I'd have time to take online courses but still make enough to keep the bills paid.

Haha, hey whatever works. How's the reputation of U.S. Express? My buddy trucks with them but I don't hear much from his end.

dont' get stupid about it but a few courses a quarter and it worked out to about 4 hours on average a week per course.
if you are busting ass you still have to take your break so 7 hrs sleep 2 hrs for food showers ect still leaves you plenty of time and don't forget your reset

What I do....

Sweep up the eyeballs and clean the blood off the walls around here so y'all can start over again in the morning.

Hey, I'm just the maid. I see a mess, I clean it up. Y'all keep me busy sometimes.

Carol.jpg

I have a 126 inch princess sleeper...I haul marijuana to all the dispensary's for a living

Dont worry about me, Im fine in my sleeper..

serveimage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread