flatbed types

trk2992

What is the shortest flatbed you would buy and still be able to haul most loads up to 80K. And what kinds and features
you would have on it..

I've got a QuickDraw and love it. There are a cpl other brands that seem pretty good but haven't owned them.

You can only haul 74k with a 4 axle trailer? You in the NW area?
Hes in Canada.
Try to stay up to date.:D

Nothing?:eek:
28K pays the same as 40K. 47K pays bigger rate because its over 40K.
If you dont know how to bid on steel rates please stop hauling it.:mad:

You mean plate vs. Coils or do heavier coils pay more also?

And that SC he's talking about is (I'm thinking) Huger, and the last time I was there there were a bajillion trucks in line, half of them on elogs, and it took so long to get out I have no idea how anyone makes anything out of there. I went to Chicago out of there with a huge coil. Not sure I saw any plate steel moving out of there, but it was only that one time...

You mean plate vs. Coils or do heavier coils pay more also?

And that SC he's talking about is (I'm thinking) Huger, and the last time I was there there were a bajillion trucks in line, half of them on elogs, and it took so long to get out I have no idea how anyone makes anything out of there. I went to Chicago out of there with a huge coil. Not sure I saw any plate steel moving out of there, but it was only that one time...
Most mills now rate coils up to 40k.
Say you bid $3.00 on a 30K coil it would pay $1200.00 3.00x400=1200. Any coil under 40k will pay like it weight 40k
Now if its a 47K coil up the rate because its over 40K...$3.50x470=$1645.00.

if you dont mind... what are your typical rates per mile? And how much do you think the broker is getting??
what is your mpg with your typical load..??

I load up at Nucor in Huger, SC with steel beams, no coils. Never seen a line. Everyone has appointment. I show up anywhere from 4 to 8 hours early and they always load me right away. This place has it down pat. Very organized.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread