Flatbed advantages

Patrick

:headscratch:

I just got my CDL from a CDL Mill and am looking for my first job.

Don't get on me about the Mill because it was all I could afford and I realize I don't know a damn thing about trucking, but I want to learn.

Any suggestions in regard to a first time job?

Also, I was thinking that flat-beds might be a good idea for me since I don't want to do much or any loading/unloading and it seems that flat-beds with their lower profile might be a little safer to pull (center of gravity, etc.)?

Like to have some feed back from you experienced drivers.

Thank you,

Patrick

Who said flatbed was easy?????????????????/I think u should get every cent the cust pays the company to tarp and get$50.00 at least to untarp.Flatbedding is very hard work especially tarping in the freezing cold and very windy to boot on ice and/or snow.I did it for a short 3 months and hated every second of it.Never again will I do flatbed.

ntial for a taller and wider load than any other type of truck. And from my oh so limited experience, a driver works harder with flatbed work than any other type of hauling.

I looked at Madona's other posts and there is a lot of comments about tarps and such, but no actual links to other sites or contact information. Just weird and cryptic comments that really don't have much to do with the thread subject.

Then this jrwork69 guy talking about hauling foam insulation from Salt Lake City to Denver at "16.4", what the hell is 16.4?[/QUOTE]

16.4 over hight..tunnels and bridge's 13.6..........Some less.....hate when they pave over and eeeekkkkkk.
Madona is advertising...........
Would'nt worry about all the little bs,If they dont know how to secure the load, Could be??????
Skateboards make ya old faster then time.............

Easy....EASY!...oh good grief.....yea walkin on the edge is the best way to describe it.......especially when its rainin' or ice and snow get to be a part of the mix.....tarpin' in the wind will take you to new heights literally and lets not forget about getting up close and personal with our loads, I have had to crawl and wiggle my way around my cargo to get straps and chains around it to keep the load safely on the deck.......but hey I understand that bumpin' that dock and swingin' them doors can be trying ...yea flatbeddin's a walk in the park compared to that.......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread