New To Trucking name of different "truck types"?

scaniaboy91

Hello! im going for truck driver license, and i hope u guys can help me with the different names in english of the trucks (im from norway, and im trying to find tips etc )

posting a few pics to show u what i mean. but since im now taking first driving license on what i think its named "Lorry?! " ill like to get more info around it.

(idk if u can see the name of my pictures,) but the picture named "truck-refrigera" its what im taking license for now. but i only finding "tips" etc on the "semi trailer" truck.. and ill guess its a whole new feeling just to drive the "semitrailer" because the "hut" its kinda "lose" right? sorry for my bad english, but i rly need to know!

Attachments

• truck-refrigera.jpg
    truck-refrigera.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 5
  • semitrailer-4.jpg
    semitrailer-4.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 5
First truck is a “straight truck”, yes over there “lorry” is the word

Second truck is a “COE”, or “cab over engine”

Both have their place, and both have their own driving characteristics

thank you for your help ontario, do u have any idea about where i can find good tips etc to learn more about the "mechanics"? i mean like.. when u take a hard swing, and u get what we call it straigt translated from norwegian "overhang"!? (the space from the backwheel to the end of the truck")

The “straight truck” has to have enough room to not hit anything with the “box” while turning

The “COE” with trailer, the trailer will “follow” the truck pretty good, but the “trailer” now replicates the “straight truck” that you need enough space to not hit things with it

Sorry, I don’t know of a place to learn this stuff.
Maybe a driving simulator?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread