EC's Going For It


Sounds like the 407. I worked one place that had transponders and didn't really care one way or the other.

I worked a couple places that had transponders but said you better avoid that sumbitch like the plague unless told otherwise. Most don't even fool with that road. It's absurd how expensive it actually is.
USX and my Schneider division didnt give one IOTA about tolls. They said it's cheaper to pay the toll than send a rescue driver if you run out of hours.
 
Sounds like the 407. I worked one place that had transponders and didn't really care one way or the other.

I worked a couple places that had transponders but said you better avoid that sumbitch like the plague unless told otherwise. Most don't even fool with that road. It's absurd how expensive it actually is.
Ya the 407 is out of control. I think you can drive I90 the entire length for what it costs to drive the 100 miles of the 407.
 
You should bring your Ford down there.
Part of me wishes instead of getting into these newer trucks I spent the money on a taller transmission and fixed the oil leaks. I would have been grandfathered in to where I am now.

I'm WAY deeper than what that thing needs. 😂

Even smarter with hindsight would have been to buy the newer way better sleeper I found in Grundy VA.
 
My brain sucks. I had two big days in a row and was set up for a 3rd but I can't sleep. My body is tired but my mind won't shut off..

So I have to kick today's work back.
 
Welp the day off helped me get an early start yesterday and today. And I got bribed with some nice bonuses to work tomorrow.

Could have gotten even more bonuses to work Sunday but I dont want to go to Richmond again. I go there enough already. Literally just did one today.

I think I despise the I95 road surface and getting a dog legged chassis more than the traffic itself.
 
Last edited:
I dunno how they get away with running trash like that through Virginia
That was my trash and I swear it had tread when I hooked it, kicked all the tires, and walked around it a second time to put zip ties on it.

But since I didn't catch the size difference when I grabbed it I'm starting to second guess myself.

It was dead obvious when I dropped it and post tripped it though. I can't imagine missing it on a pre but not a post.

Especially when I'm also checking for zip ties.

I'm hoping for my sanity that it lost tread on the trip between Harrisonburg VA and Richmond VA.

There was another empty right beside it and I checked it's condition as well. I was ready to take it if this one didn't pass muster.
 
Last edited:
First load went pretty well. Windy as heck coming back empty though. This being my second load didn't make me particularly sad about having to leave it sit. I wasn't looking forward to being thrown all over the road again.

20260926_142347.webp
 
I guess I got lucky. The Jessup MD delivery went so smoothly I was surprised. Other than trailers crowding the entrances it was an easy in and out. Super cool dudes working the gate.

Then I went to Preston MD again with the empty out there and that too was a nice easy drive.

Coming back heavy always makes the hills outside Frederick suck because I'm down to 40-45mph but I hardly had any serious traffic to contend with.

Even after 30 minutes at the very start for a new tire I had just under 9 hours in the day, and it wasn't one those low earners.
 
Ya the 407 is out of control. I think you can drive I90 the entire length for what it costs to drive the 100 miles of the 407.
I just got my 407 toll bill. 48KM or 29.8 miles was $33.00.
The price fluctuates based on day of the week and time of day. The example I gave here is for Sunday at 17:00. So not even peak time.
Insane!
 
I just got my 407 toll bill. 48KM or 29.8 miles was $33.00.
The price fluctuates based on day of the week and time of day. The example I gave here is for Sunday at 17:00. So not even peak time.
Insane!
For your car? Imagine how much some of these trucking outfits are suffering using it. Stupid stupid stupid thing that province did selling it off.
 
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is like 24 bucks for trucks. And it's only a couple miles. Running it almost every day lately. I'm the Preston guy, apparently. It's not a huge customer. I picked up the trailer I dropped yesterday. Tomorrow I'm going to one of their other warehouses. It's in Hurlock. Same general area, just down the road a piece. Never been there before so not sure how it'll go.
 
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is like 24 bucks for trucks. And it's only a couple miles. Running it almost every day lately. I'm the Preston guy, apparently. It's not a huge customer. I picked up the trailer I dropped yesterday. Tomorrow I'm going to one of their other warehouses. It's in Hurlock. Same general area, just down the road a piece. Never been there before so not sure how it'll go.
That bridge has great views, but I was always afraid of going over the edge.
 
I don't think I've been on that bridge but the bridge/tunnel one in Virginia is "fun" too. I went across it 12 wide once. They do this nice thing for oversize loads where they make you wait on the bridge for a pilot truck to come back shut down traffic and escort you through the tunnel part.

Waiting on the bridge iwas the worst part. My load was wide and tall but not particularly heavy on a step deck. I didn't even wanna be in the truck because it felt like it was gonna blow over.
 

Back
Top