Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

If you’ve got a proof of insurance and a registration, knock yosef out and drive it down there

So what are you actually getting ready to do? Last I paid attention, you were looking at leasing I another company, now you are going forward with authority.

You getting a trailer, or making a run a power only?
Power only for now.

The guy hit me with an "oh by the way" to the tune of $7800 a year for cargo insurance through him when I was ready to go for it.

His insurance plus my own bobtail would have been more expensive than my own full authority insurance.

Plus I would have needed my own IFTA and apportioned plate anyway.

IOW I would have had full authority expenses while giving him 15%. And no fuel card for discounts.

Didn't seem to make sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
A little early to do so but my insurance policy is in effect and I've chosen an ELD.

Since I know my MC and DOT numbers I can go ahead and get decals on the truck. I'll probably wait until I have my apportioned registration though. I could probably get away with it since it's only 5 miles from my house (across the road from the rail) but I'm not sure it's worth risking. I can at least get the designs made.
Design? :whistling:

AAE8398D-3FE5-4E63-85C9-6A26C2C44538.png

Definitely getting my own trailer after all. Whether it's a rental or a lease.

I formally subscribed to DAT to see real load details and the rates, terms, and availability are such that I could probably stay in PA and MD without venturing into the other surrounding states much if at all.

I may get a sleeper eventually though, just for the ability to stick around a little longer for backhauls and make the lives feel less claustrophobic.

Definitely getting my own trailer after all. Whether it's a rental or a lease.

I formally subscribed to DAT to see real load details and the rates, terms, and availability are such that I could probably stay in PA and MD without venturing into the other surrounding states much if at all.

I may get a sleeper eventually though, just for the ability to stick around a little longer for backhauls and make the lives feel less claustrophobic.
Is there room for a shack on the back of your Mack?

Shouldn’t cost to much,I crawled thru the boot and slept in one for years.
Yeah I'll have to see what it would cost and what condition the truck is still in.

I might end up with a Cascadia anyway for fuel economy alone, and it might as well be a sleeper.

OR I go fetal and put the Ford on the road with a new tranny and no ELD/emissions worries.

Yeah I'll have to see what it would cost and what condition the truck is still in.

I might end up with a Cascadia anyway for fuel economy alone, and it might as well be a sleeper.

OR I go fetal and put the Ford on the road with a new tranny and no ELD/emissions worries.
The Bowman trucks with sleepers I see around York are they longer wheelbase?

Shouldn’t cost to much,I crawled thru the boot and slept in one for years.
Spent my first two years in a 2-stack Mack with a 36” coffin.

An old 1985 superliner .

My first sleeper truck was a 1976 60” R-model

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread