Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

Used my crank handle adapter thing today. Not on anything of my own but I noticed a guy having a helluva time and decided to try it out.

Some things I didn't consider...low gear doesn't really work. The impact anvil wants to jump out of the socket, because if you put any force into it to keep it there it wants to spin into high gear. IOW you can't really push and pull at the same time.

In high gear it works great but you have to be willing to let it hammer for a while when it's really in a bind, and don't grab the 1/2" bolt right off thinking you're gonna switch 'em back quick because it's hotter than hell by then. Untouchably hot.

All in all it made relatively quick work of what would typically be a miserable affair.

Used my crank handle adapter thing today. Not on anything of my own but I noticed a guy having a helluva time and decided to try it out.

Some things I didn't consider...low gear doesn't really work. The impact anvil wants to jump out of the socket, because if you put any force into it to keep it there it wants to spin into high gear. IOW you can't really push and pull at the same time.

In high gear it works great but you have to be willing to let it hammer for a while when it's really in a bind, and don't grab the 1/2" bolt right off thinking you're gonna switch 'em back quick because it's hotter than hell by then. Untouchably hot.

All in all it made relatively quick work of what would typically be a miserable affair.
Won't the hammering be hell on the gears inside the box, and the bolts/pins in the crossover shaft?

@Duck

Here you go. 1" guns on the far left, 3/8" impacting ratchet, and 1/2" everything else.

The three silver ones were free from my dad. He thought they were junk but they actually aren't too bad.

The Snap On MG725 was bought just to see what the fuss is all about, but it's not much different from the Nitrocat next to it, power wise.

The small ones in the top row are to get into tight spaces. Since not everything is a lug nut.

20210727_225614.jpg

@Duck

Here you go. 1" guns on the far left, 3/8" impacting ratchet, and 1/2" everything else.

The three silver ones were free from my dad. He thought they were junk but they actually aren't too bad.

The Snap On MG725 was bought just to see what the fuss is all about, but it's not much different from the Nitrocat next to it, power wise.

The small ones in the top row are to get into tight spaces. Since not everything is a lug nut.

View attachment 84741
you call that a collection...??

pfftt..

it would take me about 3 hours to get up my collections of guns, then i'd might have to take a pic from the sky, about 1,000 feet up, to get them all into that picture...

pfftt..

it would take me about 3 hours to get up my collections of guns, then i'd might have to take a pic from the sky, about 1,000 feet up, to get them all into that picture...
Why do all you impact gun nuts think you need enough impact guns to equip an entire battalion of tire changers?

How many million year old dinosaur fossils have to die just to supply you with a day's worth of air tool oil?

This is why we need common sense impact gun control.

Why do all you impact gun nuts think you need enough impact guns to equip an entire battalion of tire changers?

How many million year old dinosaur fossils have to die just to supply you with a day's worth of air tool oil?

Don't be taking away my 2b amendment. The right to air arms.

pfftt..

And then, Joe and the Ho's bitches will come a lookin fer ya.

when i wrenched, i had 1.. 1/2 air impact, 1...3/8 air ratchet, and 1...1/4 impact.

1 cutting wheel

that's all i ever needed.

Back when Henry Ford personally trained you on servicing the Model A.
yeah.......and......??

they required very few tools, heck, a screw driver and a pair of pliers and some baling wire, was all anyone ever really needed back then.

Good ole Henry knew what was needed, and over abundance, wasn't one of them......

that's why he said "you can have any color you want, as long as it's black"

he knew having more than one color was way too much.!!!

when i wrenched, i had 1.. 1/2 air impact, 1...3/8 air ratchet, and 1...1/4 impact.

1 cutting wheel

that's all i ever needed.
Quarter inch impact?

What kind of pansy-ass limp wristed person needs an impact for quarter inch? 🤣

That big one on the left is a military style assault impact gun :scared:

Do you need it for speed or because those little 10mm bolts are too tight for you? 😂
wise quacker

uh...duh...yeah.....

that's when i could find my 10mm socket..!!!

ya can't do dashboard work using an ordinary ratchet, in the tight places......duh......

dumbass.

how's Mrs. Duck..???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread