Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

If I gotta dig it out of the dash to change it, I'd just replace it with a real stereo though.
Same. Not worth that hassle. If I get one with Bluetooth, every time I fire up the truck it'll automatically connect to this mileage app I have and start logging. It breaks it down by state, tracks MPGs, everything. Already use it in the Buick and pickup.

Obviously I haven't bought a truck, but my eyes are on a few. I'm most likely going to stick around the rail with a Class 8 and add a gooseneck for the hotshot as a filler/fair weather/market good side gig.

I know people don't usually do it but there's nothing wrong with doing each a little instead of one a lot. Or adding my brother in law as a driver if he wants to do it.
Make damn sure ya take it somewheres else let em look it over..

Be overly cautious try afew places so ya out afew hundred bucks ..

Nonetheless they can POINT something out and get that knocked off the PRICE while Negotiating..

Also if ya do make a DEAL can get that squared away right off the bat before it starts Co$ting REAL $$$

Make damn sure ya take it somewheres else let em look it over..

Be overly cautious try afew places so ya out afew hundred bucks ..

Nonetheless they can POINT something out and get that knocked off the PRICE while Negotiating..

Also if ya do make a DEAL can get that squared away right off the bat before it starts Co$ting REAL $$$
You're a little late to the party my friend.

In an office clock punching job, you go home at the end of the day. After only 8 hours instead of 14.

You wake up in your own bed, take a shit in your own bathroom that you don't have to walk a quarter mile to get to.

There's air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter.

Nobody dies if you screw up your TPS reports. You don't get fined. You cannot possibly **** up so badly you end up in prison unless you do something illegal on purpose.

Drug testing isn't required by law for your job, so it's likely that you can smoke weed in your fishing boat on the weekends like normal people.

You know exactly when you'll be home every day of the year and can plan things.

If you've got kids, you see them every day.

You don't waste your weekends doing chores that you can get done in the evenings after work, like mowing the lawn.

I dunno..

I've never worked in an office but there's definitely a better quality of life outside of the work environment than there is when you're tethered to a truck.

Some guys only get home for a 34 hour reset. F that.
Sometimes I dream about the office cubicle commute selling car insurance or something. I think it would be wonderful.

But I'm always spilling coffee on myself so I'd go through a ton of neckties and shirts. Driving truck nobody cares. You can just blame it on a bumpy road.

Plus I get bored doing the same thing every day anyways so why bother changing. Won't love my job regardless of what it is once I have it down. Some guys love line haul because it's the same thing over and over. I hate line haul because it's the same thing over and over. For them it's stability, for me it's insanity.

Sometimes I dream about the office cubicle commute selling car insurance or something. I think it would be wonderful.

But I'm always spilling coffee on myself so I'd go through a ton of neckties and shirts. Driving truck nobody cares. You can just blame it on a bumpy road.

Plus I get bored doing the same thing every day anyways so why bother changing. Won't love my job regardless of what it is once I have it down. Some guys love line haul because it's the same thing over and over. I hate line haul because it's the same thing over and over. For them it's stability, for me it's insanity.
I think it would be good having a dedicated deal as long as they'll let me out of it every so often to go out west.

I like the scenery. But every time I go west, I'm always glad when I get back to the flatlands because I get sick and tired of that constant mountain grade bullshit. Especially with today's gutless tree hugging hippy pansy-ass synthetic cow **** drinking fudge packer trucks that can't pull an empty trailer up a 1% grade without dropping gears. Yeah I'll be happy staying in the flat boring midwest most of the time.

Routine is good for me too.

But I'd shoot myself in the head if I was forced to sell shit on the phone for a living too. I don't like talking on the phone at all. I'll drive ten miles to a f*ing store just to see if they're open instead of calling.

I could sit at a desk doing non-social tasks like data entry or something though. As long as I don't have to talk to people.

I think it would be good having a dedicated deal as long as they'll let me out of it every so often to go out west.

I like the scenery. But every time I go west, I'm always glad when I get back to the flatlands because I get sick and tired of that constant mountain grade bullshit. Especially with today's gutless tree hugging hippy pansy-ass synthetic cow **** drinking fudge packer trucks that can't pull an empty trailer up a 1% grade without dropping gears. Yeah I'll be happy staying in the flat boring midwest most of the time.

Routine is good for me too.

But I'd shoot myself in the head if I was forced to sell shit on the phone for a living too. I don't like talking on the phone at all. I'll drive ten miles to a f*ing store just to see if they're open instead of calling.

I could sit at a desk doing non-social tasks like data entry or something though. As long as I don't have to talk to people.
Yeah I mean short of owning an island and being independently wealthy it all sucks really.

I can handle just about anything but once I've reached peak efficiency with it, there are no more gains and I need out.

Forgetting my shoulder for a minute, I made max pay and ran the same routes with as little delay as my bladder would allow. After figuring there's no more improvement to be made on an individual basis, my brain is done and I need to move on.

Just wish my shoulder wasn't bonked so I could already be moved on.

Yeah I mean short of owning an island and being independently wealthy it all sucks really.

I can handle just about anything but once I've reached peak efficiency with it, there are no more gains and I need out.
Yeah if there's an uninhabited island somewhere, all I'd need is to steal a ship, load it with supplies and homesteading gear and go.

I don't know how to steal a ship though. Or drive one out of a harbor.

Maybe I should get a job driving ships so I can learn how to do it. 🤔

Yeah if there's an uninhabited island somewhere, all I'd need is to steal a ship, load it with supplies and homesteading gear and go.

I don't know how to steal a ship though. Or drive one out of a harbor.

Maybe I should get a job driving ships so I can learn how to do it. 🤔
But then once you get good at stealing ships and occupying islands you'd need to find something else to do.

Well, I would anyway.

I'm honestly probably not going to even run this day cab forever but it's something different. And working on it is very satisfying.

I think the only way I'll be satisfied is if/when I can make a decent living without putting in so many hours.

Eg if I can run this old truck 4-5 easy days a week and still pay myself 50k and the business itself have enough profit to build a shop and bank for the future, I'll probably be good.

I'm over that whole show off your fake success with debt on a big new pickup nonsense. I don't need or want a boat or a camper or any of that expensive hobby stuff.

Just want to put in a decent week and come home to grill steak and drink beer.

Paying myself enough to get rid of the mortgage ASAP would be a bonus.

Speakers installed. Sounds great. Tunes in stations real nice. Nothing really to show since they're behind the door panels. But it's another thing to check off the list so 👍

Short choppy sentences make me sound autistic.

Gotta go to Kmart. Gotta go to Kmart.

Kmart sucks, Ray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right on Man! :thumbsup:
I like seeing them ol' Fords and there are a fair amount of them still on the roads.
I don't see many around here. There's so much truck volume that anything special stands out, but it's mostly your run of the mill Kittywhoppers and Peckerbilts, just with nice paint and chrome. Everything else blends in like crossovers at the mall: gotta hit the fob to know which one is yours.

On a side note, I had to pass my workplace to get to Sheetz and I already feel like I'm not a part of it anymore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread