Motor Carrier EC's Going For It

This truck loves to be heavy.

I have the Cummins full service manual and it's designed so anyone can rebuild the motor whether they're familiar with it or not. It says so in the first paragraph.

If I had a shop, I'd do it myself. And maybe I'll have one by the time it needs done. Hopefully it'll be a while since it just turned over 380k original miles this past week.

Man that worked as a mechanic at Steiner's built a Cummins Big Cam with his Cummins manual by his side. Truck didn’t get 10 miles on it.....!! He forgot to put the shims under the liners.

Little things can haunt any of us, no matter what book we have....

I find it funny that he throws out an insult about the guys on channel 19. That group of truckers have every facet of trucking covered with the years and years of experience to back it up. @OldskoolironNwv could rebuild that cummins motor blindfolded.

Not sure if I could do it blindfolded or not, I pulled the knobs on my Kenworth and got out few minutes ago.... twisted my right ankle with both eyes wide open lol.....

Well I tried to fill the tanks. Figured I'd use the fuel card instead of my Discover this time, but they cut me off at $390 and it didn't fill it.
Is that the company fuel card?
They should get you a few cents off per gallon.

Does the company look after your IFTA reporting for you?

Got lucky fueling at Flying Hook in Carlisle again. Nobody seems to know the last pump exists because it's not under the canopy. Every other lane had at least 2 trucks and this one had zero.

That let me get my 50 gallons before my first stop, a live, and still be an hour and 12 minutes early. She gave me a door as soon as I arrived, and 2 seconds after I finally bumped it the light turned red.

Now I can scoot over to York again after this without adding a delay for fuel...or worse...going out of route...since they opened up Rt 30 and it's a straight across shot (sortof).
Some Fly J's have Rv Diesel lanes and with your Daycab and a 40 foot container should be a breeze whipping in and out of thoses

Did they take the signs down in Gettysburg?
I wanted to answer this before. I couldn't remember where they were. I deliberately looked around having made several trips and didn't see any, unless I'm that freaking blind.

I'm gonna have to assume they were removed unless someone can remind me where they were located exactly and I'll review the dashcam footage. But it'll have to be quick because I format it every day. If I don't, it likes to shut down or lock up on me and that makes it useless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread