DOT physical

True Dat. The guidelines are too long to post, but they are pretty straightforward on the certification periods we can give. a cough should not have disqualified him. That is screwy!
So who can one report that abuse of position to. Because this is going to get worse before better.

And with the cdl now having to have the medical self-reported, I can see a lot of states canceling a lot of licenses recklessly.

I was given a one-year card this time. The rag doing the exam said it was because of my "depression." I didn't say I had depression. I take bupropion. She made the assumption I was depressed from that. Lots of reasons people take bupropion. Depression happens to be the most common.

I told her next year I'm seeing a different doctor.

I was plenty irritated for several other things, too. She accused me of being a boy because I ride a motorcycle and drive a truck. She asked about my sex life because one of the four hormones in my HR cream is testosterone. I was so p-o'ed I went back at my next convenience and complained to the medical director.

Oh, yeah, I forgot. She insisted I need to carry a gun in my truck. Like it's any of her business.

Not sure I follow the logic but I was examined by a nurse practitioner last year I was extremaly pissed at the time as she decided I needed to go for a sleep study. But I went back after getting the cpap and being under treatment for 30 days and a seperate doctor signed off without even looking at me. is this a new thing? that the person that looks at you must be the same person that denied you? If so I'll make damn sure it's a doctor looking at me from now on.

How long has this "nurse practitioner" thing been going on? I didn't even know nurses could pose as regular doctors until a few months ago.

How long has this "nurse practitioner" thing been going on? I didn't even know nurses could pose as regular doctors until a few months ago.
Been going on for at least 30 years that I know of.

Been around a while they do everything doctors do just have to be overseen by one. My sisters a nurse practitioner. They're big in rural areas as not as much money in the country. I just think they follow the rules a lot more stringently as they aren't actually drs but that's only my opinion

Looked at my medical card and it expires in 2 days. Took me by complete surprise. Got one at Iowa80. Good for another 2 years. Real nice guy!!!

$100 plus a $20 tip
I thought you just got one a few months ago that your doctor uploaded directly into the DMV system.

A physician's assistant did my physical. She tried to upload mine directly, but the site went down......lol!

Here in Commieda it works a bit different. The doctor fills out the form and it gets sent to the Licence people.
Every single freaking time I got a five year pass. This time I got a 1 year for a condition I have had my entire life.

I was pissed. I called them people. They said you Dr. worded it different this time so you only get a one year. Ok who makes that determination? Our expert makes that determination. Is your expert a doctor? No he is not, He is an annalist. So he is not medically qualified to make a call above a Medical Doctor but is going to override what my Doctor says and he went to medical school? YES he is!

Ok so after a year when I go back to get re-certified you are only going to give me one year at a time? No, We will give you another five years after that if you pass. Ok that makes perfect sense!:confused:

Your anal-ist can stick it up their ass. That is what anal-ists like to do right?

So that night after I had my DOT physical I went onto the DMV site to upload my recert. When I hit the send button I had to wait a minute and it brought up and error message, please try again later. So I waited a half hour and tried again, same message. So tonight I tried again, to no avail. I am getting highly agitated with it. Especially when I was told that they charge you $4 to go into the DMV and show them your medical card, but it is free to send your info online.

FL you have to send online, take it to the DMV, or a tax collection office. And the tax office charges $6+. I know, $4-$6 big deal.....it is just the principle of the thing. They say I can send it online, but the site won't let it go through. It tells me it won't accept PDF files, well my picture download is not a PDF file for crying out loud. I did what they said, I took a picture of my medical card with my digital camera and loaded to my computer. ARGH!

We do DOT physicals off I-75 London KY...exit 41....right by the truck stop. Your DOT physical does not include a drug test.....we dipstick your urine for blood, glucose, protein, and specific gravity. That tells us about your hydration, glucose control, kidney function to name a few. As for the BP meds.....if your blood pressure is less and 140/90 .....no problem......you may have not been on much in the past or may not have needed it. Often people are started on BP meds........they lose weight, start watching their salt intake and then find their BP is fine without meds.

So that night after I had my DOT physical I went onto the DMV site to upload my recert. When I hit the send button I had to wait a minute and it brought up and error message, please try again later. So I waited a half hour and tried again, same message. So tonight I tried again, to no avail. I am getting highly agitated with it. Especially when I was told that they charge you $4 to go into the DMV and show them your medical card, but it is free to send your info online.

One problem many people are having is the system is bogged down.....if you try sending things during off-peak hours you may have better luck.

To try to help everyone out I'd like to explain how the new process works.

You get your physical by a NRCME (national registered certified medical examiner)....your medical certificate will have the NRCME's registry number.

The NRCME goes to the fmsca.dot website and enters your name, DOB, drivers license number and state. If you are medically qualified that box is checked and your medical certificate exipration date is entered. Also any restrictions....medical waivers, diabetes waivers, skillls performace, wearing corrective lenses.....

A copy of your medical certificate is then faxed ro emailed to the state licensing board. They then cross reference the NRCME's number and check that the NRCME validated your medical certificate on the fmcsa.dot website. That information is then electronically linked to your CDL.

Here at DOT Physicals and Drug Testing in London KY we are here to help make your life easier.....our DOT physicals are $79......we will fax a copy of your medical certificate and self certification to your state licensing agency. Your job is to keep things moving......our job is to keep you on the road and deal with the annoying paperwork.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread