COOKING OTR/101

12 volt Lunchbox Stove Recipes

I bought a Road-Pro from the Pilot and the bottom of the box melted within 4 uses :banghead:. Does anyone have one that has lasted? Also, does anyone have good, easy recipes? Here is my favorite:

1 can french cut green beans (undrained)
1 can diced potatoes (drained)
1 small can mushrooms pieces and stems (drained)
1 small can Hormel ham (undrained and chopped up)

Combine ingredients (do not drain beans) in a small oven bag
Tie shut bag, place in aluminum pan and place in lunchbox stove
Cook 35-45 minutes, remove and open carefully, there could be steam.
If you don't like mushrooms, feel free to leave them out, they are not required.

Calories are around 600 for entire bag. Enjoy :woohoo:

Never used one of these things, but the recipe sounds good!

Put a little bit of water in the bottom, you don't need much.

Creamy turkey alfredo

Put 1/2 water in the bottom of the lunchbox cooker, use an aluminum pan and put your ingredients into a baking bag, like they use for baking chickens and turkeys.

Creamy turkey alfredo

1 jar alfredo sauce
1 can mushrooms drained
2 cups rotini pasta
1 cup smoked chicken or turkey cut up in chunks

Mix all ingredients in baking bag
put into aluminum pan
put 4 small slits in top of baking bag
bake in cooker for 2 to 3 hours until pasta is done

Check once or twice to make sure there is still water in the bottom of the cooker. Be careful because the steam can burn you. You can substitute the alfredo sauce with marinera sauce.

Put 1/2 water in the bottom of the lunchbox cooker, use an aluminum pan and put your ingredients into a baking bag, like they use for baking chickens and turkeys.

Creamy turkey alfredo

1 jar alfredo sauce
1 can mushrooms drained
2 cups rotini pasta

put into aluminum pan

Check once or twice to make sure there is still water in the bottom of the cooker. Be careful because the steam can burn you. You can substitute the alfredo sauce with marinera sauce.

Then drive from exit 13 on the Jersey turnpike to New Haven, CT to blend well... :p

Seriously, I'd have that on the ceiling by the time it was ready to eat. :nono: One of the joys of meal time is getting the heck out of the truck for a little while. I eat a lot in the truck (cooler stuff) but I ain't gonna' cook in the cab.

On a similar note, today, while standing in line at the Petro fuel desk I noticed a display of prepackaged entrees that were advertised to heat themselves, without power. They were kinda cheap, too. I though about buying a few to keep, in case I get snowed in somewhere this winter. But, then I imagined how horrible they probably tasted. No sale... :nono:

Creamy turkey alfredo

1 jar alfredo sauce
1 can mushrooms drained
2 cups rotini pasta

put into aluminum pan

sounds good. when you making it?:order:

Creamy turkey alfredo

1 jar alfredo sauce
1 can mushrooms drained
2 cups rotini pasta

put into aluminum pan

Sounds nice but I'd be asleep by the time its cooked... have to try it at home in the oven though lol

1 box of spanish rice
1/4 pound of scallops
1/4 pound of shrimp
1/4 pound of hot It. sausage
Use the amount of water it says to on the box of rice.
takes about and hour to cook..

Sounds nice but I'd be asleep by the time its cooked... have to try it at home in the oven though lol

I have tried to make this in my home oven, and it just doesn't turn out as nice. You have to make sure you precook the pasta if you make this in your home oven. That would cut down the baking time to about 45 minutes in a 350 F oven.

I have tried to make this in my home oven, and it just doesn't turn out as nice. You have to make sure you precook the pasta if you make this in your home oven. That would cut down the baking time to about 45 minutes in a 350 F oven.

:biglaugh:I can cook :biglaugh:
long and slllllllllloooooooooooooow:stirpot:

Recipe..Men welcome too

Every one has a fave food, driver's get tired of eating on the road.
coming up with knew idea's are not fun.
Let's share :
So we can try some new dish's, drinks , sweets........................

Recipe..Men welcome too

Easy Vegetable Dip
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
1 package Italian season dressing mix
1 package (bag or box) frozen spinach/thawed and squeezed.
mix it all together.............

Recipe..Men welcome too

I'm kinda basic:
1 can Tuna in water, drained or swallowed.
Some Mayo or whatever ones *spread* is. **--not axles or her--
some bread, I prefer Wheat.
some cheese--your choice--, grated or sliced.
Capsicum Powder or known better as ground Cayenne peppers (good for Blood circulation).
Lettuce when/if possible.
Simple construction from here.
---
Peanut Butter, bread and cheese.
---
Crushed Potato Chips (not lays) in Tuna or lunch meat sandwiches, yum yum.

Liquid chaser is your choice w/o Alcohol.
---
This recipe is impossible to construct in a Truck unless you have a rolling Apartment:

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
–better when doubled–
1 cup Margarine or Butter (2 sticks), softened.
>>>if using Crisco stick add 6 Tsps Water<<<
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar.
½ cup Granulated Sugar (optional).
2 Eggs.
1 Tsp. Vanilla.
1 ½ cups Flour.
1 Tsp. Baking Soda.
1 Tsp. Cinnamon.
3 cups oats.
1 cup Raisins (which have been soaked in hot water.
Heat oven to 350. Beat together Marg., Sugar(s), until creamy. Add Eggs and Vanilla, beat well.
Add combined Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon. MIX WELL. Stir in Oats & Raisins & MIX WELL.
Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased Cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until Golden Brown. Cool 1 min. on Cookie sheet.
Makes 3-4 Dozen.

I have bumped a couple of older threads and merged them here to revive them. Cooking is becoming increasingly popular due to restaurant cost and the need/desire to eat healthier. So please if you have meals and recipes please include them here.

Re: Recipe..Men welcome too

but I don't have a oven in my truck and room for all that stuff so I'll just eat yourslol
I'm kinda basic:
1 can Tuna in water, drained or swallowed.
Some Mayo or whatever ones *spread* is. **--not axles or her--
some bread, I prefer Wheat.
some cheese--your choice--, grated or sliced.
Capsicum Powder or known better as ground Cayenne peppers (good for Blood circulation).
Lettuce when/if possible.
Simple construction from here.
---
Peanut Butter, bread and cheese.
---
Crushed Potato Chips (not lays) in Tuna or lunch meat sandwiches, yum yum.

Liquid chaser is your choice w/o Alcohol.
---
This recipe is impossible to construct in a Truck unless you have a rolling Apartment:

OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
–better when doubled–
1 cup Margarine or Butter (2 sticks), softened.
>>>if using Crisco stick add 6 Tsps Water<<<
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar.
½ cup Granulated Sugar (optional).
2 Eggs.
1 Tsp. Vanilla.
1 ½ cups Flour.
1 Tsp. Baking Soda.
1 Tsp. Cinnamon.
3 cups oats.
1 cup Raisins (which have been soaked in hot water.
Heat oven to 350. Beat together Marg., Sugar(s), until creamy. Add Eggs and Vanilla, beat well.
Add combined Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon. MIX WELL. Stir in Oats & Raisins & MIX WELL.
Drop by rounded Tablespoons onto ungreased Cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until Golden Brown. Cool 1 min. on Cookie sheet.
Makes 3-4 Dozen.

Pot Roast w/potatoes & green beans

2 baking potatoes
1 prepackaged/marinated pot roast (5 lb average)
1 package Lipton Soup Mix
1 can green beans

First thing, before you start driving for the day, put the pot roast in the slow cooker, fill half way with water,add the package of Lipton Soup Mix and turn on high. Let this cook for approximately 5 hours.

After 5 hours add the potatoes (you can simply quarter them and throw them in with the skins on.)

Approximately 3 hours later, the pot roast and potatoes are ready. Check the water level occasionally and add if necessary. At this point add the green beans.

By the time your 10-11 hours of driving are over, your dinner is ready to eat!

Pot Roast w/potatoes & green beans

2 baking potatoes
1 prepackaged/marinated pot roast (5 lb average)
1 package Lipton Soup Mix
1 can green beans

First thing, before you start driving for the day, put the pot roast in the slow cooker, fill half way with water,add the package of Lipton Soup Mix and turn on high. Let this cook for approximately 5 hours.

After 5 hours add the potatoes (you can simply quarter them and throw them in with the skins on.)

Approximately 3 hours later, the pot roast and potatoes are ready. Check the water level occasionally and add if necessary. At this point add the green beans.

By the time your 10-11 hours of driving are over, your dinner is ready to eat!

If I tried that, running on some of the crap they call highways in the NE, I would end up wearing it.

Re: 12 volt Lunchbox Stove Recipes

true 2xR and also we have to alter our receipts to something that does NOT have a lot of leftovers because of unlimited ref. space...I have taken my dishpan and put the crock (my crock is the small one I do not have room to carry a larger one), in it and even secured the lid to help prevent sloshing......my inverter is having issues and is resting on my upright grand at home-20.....

Back when I was flatbedding before, I used to have a small propane grill that I would cook burgers and venison on. Was kind of a pain to keep clean. Might start doing it again, preparing your own food is a lot healthier for you then the fast food or the slop they sell at the t/s restaurants now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread