COOKING OTR/101

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,Isn't that the truth though.
If I tried that, running on some of the crap they call highways in the NE, I would end up wearing it.

slim jim cup o noodle
pringle cup o noodle
planters peanut cup o noodle
ketchup cup o noodle
orange tic tac cup o noodle

This one is super easy and delicious.Tuna melt made in the microwave.First cook your rice as directed on the box usually 2 cups about 5 mins,Take it out stir it around when done add 2 cans of tuna,Add a can of mushroom soup staight. tear 2 cheese slices into strips to cover the dish, nuke it again for 5 mins,stir to mix everthing.Top with crumpled chips or crackers if you wish.

Re: 12 volt Lunchbox Stove Recipes

OK I had to buy a 300W inverter (still am waiting for a 200W) but it is large enough to run my crock pot....yea! so I looked in my "kitchen cupboard" and found some stuff to improvise and old favorite.

I had two potatoes I pre-cooked in my plug in oven sliced them and added can of shroom soup and found a jar of nacho cheese , have dried onions, so I layered it added dollops of pretend butter salt and pepper cooked 4 hrs on high and it was a zesty version of the ham and scalloped receipt I would make at home.

When I first started out I have bought 3 12volt crock pots for any drivers that wanted to make their own meal on the road. So far only 1 guy uses them regularly and he hasn't had any issues that I know of. He's never mentioned it melting in to a blob so I imagine it still works fine. The other two get used on occasion, I suppose the other LDD's prefer to eat fast food.

I imagined that a crock pot would be easier to cook with, throw it all together and plug it in, pull over that evening and eat. Though it does limit you to mostly lunch\dinner time meals. I believe there is a crock pot recipe book floating around a barns and noble in town.

When I first started out I have bought 3 12volt crock pots for any drivers that wanted to make their own meal on the road. So far only 1 guy uses them regularly and he hasn't had any issues that I know of. He's never mentioned it melting in to a blob so I imagine it still works fine. The other two get used on occasion, I suppose the other LDD's prefer to eat fast food.

I imagined that a crock pot would be easier to cook with, throw it all together and plug it in, pull over that evening and eat. Though it does limit you to mostly lunch\dinner time meals. I believe there is a crock pot recipe book floating around a barns and noble in town.

I know several drivers who do the crock pot thing. They are wide enough that they will sit on the floor without tipping over, and as long as the lid is on the contents generally stay inside them.

As for recipes, who needs them?

Just cut up some veggies, sear some meat on a skillet, throw it all in the crock with some broth or cream of something soup, add some seasonings, put the lid on and plug it in.

By lunchtime you have a tasty treat that can't be beat, and then just put the leftovers in a microwaveable container, put it in the fridge, and at dinnertime you have dejafood!

Easy Squeezee.

No pain, no stain.

Ok here's a laugh at my expense... YOU CAN ACTUALLY COOK INSIDE OF A TRUCK?!?!? Ok with that out of the way when my step mom gets home I'll get one of her pie recipes and post it on here for you guys. I KNOW you can make it in a truck AND they are sugar free... ANNNND they are to DIE FOR. Yummy

I know several drivers who do the crock pot thing. They are wide enough that they will sit on the floor without tipping over, and as long as the lid is on the contents generally stay inside them.

As for recipes, who needs them?

Just cut up some veggies, sear some meat on a skillet, throw it all in the crock with some broth or cream of something soup, add some seasonings, put the lid on and plug it in.

By lunchtime you have a tasty treat that can't be beat, and then just put the leftovers in a microwaveable container, put it in the fridge, and at dinnertime you have dejafood!

Easy Squeezee.

No pain, no stain.

hah, You'd have to ask my wife why we need recipe's as she's come home a few times to my cooking.. You've got a point with the cream of something soup, chicken, beef, fish, I'm sure there is a cream soup for just about any pallet.

Ok here's a laugh at my expense... YOU CAN ACTUALLY COOK INSIDE OF A TRUCK?!?!?

Yep.

Either with a 12 volt device, or in a better equipped truck that has an inverter, with a 110 volt device.

I use a microwave, a toaster, a hot water maker, and a George Foreman grill.

I suppose the fact that my truck has a lower bunk that converts into a table and seat makes it a bit easier, but I know drivers of other rigs that are not so well equipped that make do.

Just don't spill milk in a truck. When it sours, it stinks like baby puke.

And you will never, ever get the smell out.

Re: 12 volt Lunchbox Stove Recipes

I use receipts/recipes as a springboard for ideas...following them to the letter? lol really?

Yes cooking in the truck is the way to keep your head above water for some. Sometimes I just can't stand the thought of eating another truck stop meal or fast food entree.

I even take leftovers from home but in metal trays and put them in fridge to put in the plug in ovens...... the only down side is the waitress doesn't get tips.....sigh

Scallops with raw zucchini on top of couscous, baby spinach and baby kale. (I cooked the scallops in a little unsweetened almond milk with ginger, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, red curry, fresh garlic and onion powder)

Scallops with raw zucchini on top of couscous, baby spinach and baby kale. (I cooked the scallops in a little unsweetened almond milk with ginger, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, red curry, fresh garlic and onion powder)

:stare1:

You ain't from around here, are ya?
:D

London broil with a bigass tater...
finger food.
:p

If I tried that, running on some of the crap they call highways in the NE, I would end up wearing it.

some double sided tape wouldn't hurt you know:D

I use my 12v oven all the time. I use it more than my microwave. Looks like this week it going to be steaks. That thing cooks steaks so tender, No need for a knife.

I am on my 3rd 12V oven. Every time I have bought one it strikes up a conversation with other drivers standing in line. They just got to tell you about how great the oven is and all of the things they have made in them.

I use my 12v oven all the time. I use it more than my microwave. Looks like this week it going to be steaks. That thing cooks steaks so tender, No need for a knife.

I am on my 3rd 12V oven. Every time I have bought one it strikes up a conversation with other drivers standing in line. They just got to tell you about how great the oven is and all of the things they have made in them.
what oven do you get I hear the road pro is crap:oops:

I've seen people mention cooking bags. Use Crock-Pot liners. They are just like oven roasting bags only smaller.
The lunchbox cooker will hold a 2 - 3 lb. roast. Place roast in bag with a little water, spices, onions, or whatever. Close bag with little chimney using twist-tie. Close and plug in. Drive 3 - 4 hours. Open bag. Add carrots, potatoes, and whatever other veggies. Again close bag with chimney. Drive another 3 hrs. It's now about 5pm and dinner is ready. You need large serving spoon to lift all out of bag. Or, hold the bag outside the truck, cut bottom corner of bag to drain, then just empty roast and veggies into a bowl.

If you have a microwave, water, paper towels and dish soap you can clean up pretty good. I would make a lot of stuff in a crock pot and make extra then put in Tupperware containers then into fridge. Make some hot water and put in crock pot to clean it and other stuff. Use jugs of water to rinse off and paper towels to dry.

I opened my 12v lunch box cooker and we bought a seasoned pork loin yhat I cut in half and then into medallions, laid the medallions down to cover bottom of pan. Added a serving size container of green beans and some celery. I put another pan on top and mixed a can of succotash and seasoned cabbage together after draining juices. I cooked for 1 hour, the pork loin was done so I removed it to cook the celery for 20 minutes more and added the pork loin back for the last 10 minutes to heat back up. Could I have thought this out better? Yep. Next time it will be more green beans, potatoes, maybe a few carrots, broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook it all together as it will season well. If one wants to cook celery plan on two hours for it to get tender.

My fiance and I are a team and we really don't enjoy the fast food or the big nasty buffets of the truck stops, occasionally we come across a diamond but usually around the truck stop and not part of it. We eat a lot in the truck and we try to eat in a healthy moderate way. One cannot do that and be happy at fast food places.

I opened my 12v lunch box cooker and we bought a seasoned pork loin yhat I cut in half and then into medallions, laid the medallions down to cover bottom of pan. Added a serving size container of green beans and some celery. I put another pan on top and mixed a can of succotash and seasoned cabbage together after draining juices. I cooked for 1 hour, the pork loin was done so I removed it to cook the celery for 20 minutes more and added the pork loin back for the last 10 minutes to heat back up. Could I have thought this out better? Yep. Next time it will be more green beans, potatoes, maybe a few carrots, broccoli and/or cauliflower and cook it all together as it will season well. If one wants to cook celery plan on two hours for it to get tender.

My fiance and I are a team and we really don't enjoy the fast food or the big nasty buffets of the truck stops, occasionally we come across a diamond but usually around the truck stop and not part of it. We eat a lot in the truck and we try to eat in a healthy moderate way. One cannot do that and be happy at fast food places.
That sounds pretty good.
I don't know what you think of this but maybe get an additional lunch box oven, I mean there are two of you and they are well worth the cost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread