California Fleets, Buy Your New Nikola Trucks Today

There you go, up to $288k in incentives for each truck.

MAX Range: 330 miles
Charge time: 90 minutes
Horsepower: 645

So, how many will jump on this money and take the risk?

If you operated in California, would you be tempted?

829FD0F7-08AA-433E-9A60-1A810DE0894A.jpeg

The Nikola Tre battery-electric vehicle (BEV) and Tre fuel-cell electric vehicle (FCEV) are both eligible for HVIP vouchers, making Nikola the first manufacturer to offer both battery and hydrogen-powered Class 8 trucks available through this incentive program.

Created to support the transition from diesel to zero-emission transportation, California’s Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP) reduces the total cost of ownership on hybrid and zero-emission vehicles in the state of California.

Customers of the Nikola Tre FCEV can access a point-of-sale incentive starting at $240,000 and ranging up to $288,000 per truck in 2023. The Tre FCEV is available for order now, with delivery expected in the second half of 2023.

The Nikola Tre BEV qualified for HVIP in 2022 and continues to be eligible in 2023 for an incentive valued at $120,000 per truck, and up to $150,000 for drayage fleets. Customers can contact a Nikola dealer to schedule a test drive and purchase a Tre BEV now. HVIP vouchers are available to California fleets on a first come, first served basis. Sign up today to connect with one of our HVIP approved dealers to begin the application process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you realize how much energy it takes to run a truck down the road?

You're not just gonna run an extension cord out under the garage door to charge it.
So why not start a towing company and tug this eco junk around and make millions lol

It doesn't even have to be eco-junk. The new regular trucks seem to be on a hook more than under their own power. I refused the '24 hood the boss is trying to pass onto me. I told him I didn't want to spend my night sitting on the side of I-95 with a load of fuel behind me.

Don’t know anything about these newer trucks they are pushing on the industry. But a friend was in Washington state couple weeks ago at the PACCAR plant, he’s not a truck driver by trade but is quite familiar with equipment in the agriculture side of things. This was his experience he shared with me through text. Still says nothing about longevity, durability…..A5BE0497-B719-4390-872B-ABCA01CD590E.jpeg

It doesn't even have to be eco-junk. The new regular trucks seem to be on a hook more than under their own power. I refused the '24 hood the boss is trying to pass onto me. I told him I didn't want to spend my night sitting on the side of I-95 with a load of fuel behind me.

Local company paid me to drag a Freightliner cascadia from WV to Texas, drop and hook to a 2020 389 with 150,000 mikes in it, drag it back to WV for repairs.

Driver was loaded and had made it to a motel fortunately.

TA in Baytown could not fix the problem, and the nearest Pete dealer was 2 weeks out being able to work on it…..

I was stuck on the shoulder in an emissions truck once or twice.

Had nothing to do with the emissions.

So why not start a towing company and tug this eco junk around and make millions lol
Are you gonna loan me half a mil for a truck?
They're eco-junk too.

Don’t know anything about these newer trucks they are pushing on the industry. But a friend was in Washington state couple weeks ago at the PACCAR plant, he’s not a truck driver by trade but is quite familiar with equipment in the agriculture side of things. This was his experience he shared with me through text. Still says nothing about longevity, durability…..View attachment 87964
Your friend shoulda mentioned that it was a NEW diesel.

Tell him: "Put those eco trucks up against a real diesel like the kind we had prior to 2007. THEN tell me which one ate the others for breakfast."

Don’t know anything about these newer trucks they are pushing on the industry. But a friend was in Washington state couple weeks ago at the PACCAR plant, he’s not a truck driver by trade but is quite familiar with equipment in the agriculture side of things. This was his experience he shared with me through text. Still says nothing about longevity, durability…..View attachment 87964
hydrogen is where it's gonna be!!! we can't go all electric

I said a real truck.

A Fleet spec Detroit 60, Cummins ISX or Cat 3406 from before 2007 would eat any stock diesel built after 2010.

Unless you're a smart-ass & say put it up against a locomotive engine..🙄
The "B" series Cats that were known as the 'four and a quarter', would eat these new 500's for breakfast and have leftovers for lunch. Take an ISX 16 and put a 1000 HP tune in it. But, do you have the transmission main shaft to take that 2300 ft pds of torque? Give it to the wrong driver and he could cost you a lot of money.

Yes, the old school mechanical engines were far and away stronger than the newer ones. But, it was hard to get them over 4mpg on a good day. Today you can eek out 7mpg on a castrated truck, if not more.

The "B" series Cats that were known as the 'four and a quarter', would eat these new 500's for breakfast and have leftovers for lunch. Take an ISX 16 and put a 1000 HP tune in it. But, do you have the transmission main shaft to take that 2300 ft pds of torque? Give it to the wrong driver and he could cost you a lot of money.

Yes, the old school mechanical engines were far and away stronger than the newer ones. But, it was hard to get them over 4mpg on a good day. Today you can eek out 7mpg on a castrated truck, if not more.
Hard to make money these days at 4-5mpg.

They want all electric, and they want the electric companies to all be privately owned, like the banks that refuse to give loans to firearms industry, the social media platforms that refuse access to people who oppose their political views and expose their lies.

With everything being electric including your transportation, you would be totally screwed if they cut you off.

The government has to respect your first amendment rights, but as we have learned from the left's war on Trump supporters, private industry doesn't.

Speak out against the radical extremist nonsense the globalist left is spewing, and you won't be able to charge your car, heat/cool your house, have hot water, cook your food, run your freezer, mow your lawn,.. You're "canceled".

No big deal, I'll just buy a bunch of solar panels,..... solar panels that are sold by globalist corporations, and are easily destroyed by antifa thugs like the ones they sent out during the Floyd riots to destroy private property...

Yeah, the elimination of all energy sources except for electricity has absolutely nothing to do with the environment.

They want all electric, and they want the electric companies to all be privately owned, like the banks that refuse to give loans to firearms industry, the social media platforms that refuse access to people who oppose their political views and expose their lies.

With everything being electric including your transportation, you would be totally screwed if they cut you off.

The government has to respect your first amendment rights, but as we have learned from the left's war on Trump supporters, private industry doesn't.

Speak out against the radical extremist nonsense the globalist left is spewing, and you won't be able to charge your car, heat/cool your house, have hot water, cook your food, run your freezer, mow your lawn,.. You're "canceled".

No big deal, I'll just buy a bunch of solar panels,..... solar panels that are sold by globalist corporations, and are easily destroyed by antifa thugs like the ones they sent out during the Floyd riots to destroy private property...

Yeah, the elimination of all energy sources except for electricity has absolutely nothing to do with the environment.
Diesel and gasoline are private enterprise as well.

Are you arguing in favor of government control over energy resources? That would be the very thing you rail against.

Diesel and gasoline are private enterprise as well.

Are you arguing in favor of government control over energy resources? That would be the very thing you rail against.
You can buy gasoline or diesel anywhere. There are tons of gas station chains and independents that are not going to reach the unanimous decision to "cancel" people.

It won't be that way with electricity when only one company owns the wires going past your house.

I'm against monopolies of any kind. However the private sector is exempt from the first amendment.

Housing too. When Blackstone owns the majority of rental properties & nobody can afford to actually buy a house, they can refuse to rent to people who speak out against left wing radicalism.

That's where we're headed to in a decade or two if not enough people wake up and put a stop to it.

Last edited:
Not to mention their tendency to catch fire. Sure wouldn't want that with a fuel tanker.

You can buy gasoline or diesel anywhere. There are tons of gas station chains and independents that are not going to reach the unanimous decision to "cancel" people.

It won't be that way with electricity when only one company owns the wires going past your house.

I'm against monopolies of any kind. However the private sector is exempt from the first amendment.

Housing too. When Blackstone owns the majority of rental properties & nobody can afford to actually buy a house, they can refuse to rent to people who speak out against left wing radicalism.

That's where we're headed to in a decade or two if not enough people wake up and put a stop to it.
Electricity is everywhere as well...

Electricity is everywhere as well...
It is not everywhere. If you want to charge a truck or car, can you just pull over to the next corner store to do it yet? I can't even count the amount of gas stations within walking distance of me (2 miles) that have both gas and diesel.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread