New To Trucking Best state to work out of

Jme2788

Hey guys I’ve been considering getting my CDL for the last year or so and recently got hired on as a box truck driver out of Arlington Texas delivering it loads across the US.

Just curious since I’m single and considering this as a career, what state do you think is the best state to get your CDL and work out of?

I know very little but on my first trip to California I really enjoyed driving through parts of West Texas as well as New Mexico and Arizona. California was rough but I didn’t find it nearly as much as Colorado and going through all the hilly terrain. I enjoyed much of Nevada as well

Thanks guys

Jordan

Indiana. Damn near everyone has a terminal here. They didn’t nickname Indiana “The Crossroads of America” for nothing.

plus, the cost of living here is cheap compared to most other areas in the country.
do they have an income tax??? what's property taxes like. states might be cheaper in one area but they get you in the wallet in other areas like higher property taxes

do they have an income tax??? what's property taxes like. states might be cheaper in one area but they get you in the wallet in other areas like higher property taxes
Nevada is really good; no state income taxes, low property taxes, no food taxes at the grocery store.
My property tax is about $2000.00 a year and that's in a high end HOA.

Nevada is really good; no state income taxes, low property taxes, no food taxes at the grocery store.
that's why i chose nevada as well. as well as there open carry law. there's no way i would live in an HOA. i also have a high end home in henderson. smogging your 4 wheeler in nevada is cheaper to. thanks to all of the gamblers ;)

yea but the govenor in NV is a loon just like the one in CA. i have been rally thinking nv over really hard latley

Last edited:
Like California is the only one with loonies.

this past 5months should have shown several states are suffering that issue.
i have been watching alot more lunicy is showing up. the pandemic is really challenging the govenors and president.. i am thinking that it has something to do with the elections...

Hey guys I’ve been considering getting my CDL for the last year or so and recently got hired on as a box truck driver out of Arlington Texas delivering it loads across the US.

Just curious since I’m single and considering this as a career, what state do you think is the best state to get your CDL and work out of?

I know very little but on my first trip to California I really enjoyed driving through parts of West Texas as well as New Mexico and Arizona. California was rough but I didn’t find it nearly as much as Colorado and going through all the hilly terrain. I enjoyed much of Nevada as well

Thanks guys

Jordan
“US” libs??? :O_o:

What the hell you doin playin with guns? Aintcha afraid you’ll burst into flames? :tongue:
109099857_10223707162725731_8159289255151641715_o.jpg :D :coocoo: :stare1:i'll remember how safe i was in CA once i leave

i thinks califorina survives on taxes
tax his tractor tax his mule teach him taxes are the rule.
tax his work tax his pay he works for peanuts anyway!
tax his cow tax his goat tax his pants tax his coat tax his ties tax his shirt tax his work tax his dirt
tax his tobacco tax his drink tax him if he tries to think
tax his cigars tax his beers if he cries tax his tears
tax his car tax his gas find other ways to tax his ass
tax all he has then let him know that you won't be done till he has no dough
when he screams and hollers then tax him some more tax him till he's good and sore
then tax his coffin tax his grave tax the sod in wich he's laid
put these words upon his tomb taxes drove me to my doom
when he's gone do not relax it's time to apply the inheritance tax!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread