New To Trucking Best state to work out of

Jme2788

Hey guys I’ve been considering getting my CDL for the last year or so and recently got hired on as a box truck driver out of Arlington Texas delivering it loads across the US.

Just curious since I’m single and considering this as a career, what state do you think is the best state to get your CDL and work out of?

I know very little but on my first trip to California I really enjoyed driving through parts of West Texas as well as New Mexico and Arizona. California was rough but I didn’t find it nearly as much as Colorado and going through all the hilly terrain. I enjoyed much of Nevada as well

Thanks guys

Jordan

Thunder Road

that's why i chose nevada as well. as well as there open carry law. there's no way i would live in an HOA. i also have a high end home in henderson. smogging your 4 wheeler in nevada is cheaper to. thanks to all of the gamblers ;)
I'm in Seven Hills Henderson. Some HOA's are a pain for sure. I'm shopping around now for a different HOA within Seven Hills. Want to remain in Seven Hills.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Does matter where you live. Cost of government is pretty similar across the country.

the only thing that changes is how it’s packaged. Income vs property vs sales vs whatever.