New To Trucking Best state to work out of

Jme2788

Hey guys I’ve been considering getting my CDL for the last year or so and recently got hired on as a box truck driver out of Arlington Texas delivering it loads across the US.

Just curious since I’m single and considering this as a career, what state do you think is the best state to get your CDL and work out of?

I know very little but on my first trip to California I really enjoyed driving through parts of West Texas as well as New Mexico and Arizona. California was rough but I didn’t find it nearly as much as Colorado and going through all the hilly terrain. I enjoyed much of Nevada as well

Thanks guys

Jordan

I really liked New Mexico and Arizona.. Warm most of the year and have tarantulas and scorpions. That’s not something I ever had to consider growing up in northern Illinois

Indiana. Damn near everyone has a terminal here. They didn’t nickname Indiana “The Crossroads of America” for nothing.

plus, the cost of living here is cheap compared to most other areas in the country.

Tennessee has a lot of trucking jobs and freight moving through. Getting a load out or home is rarely difficult. Cost of living is cheap if you stay away from the cities. We also have every type of weather you could want. Sometimes all in one day.

Tennessee has a lot of trucking jobs and freight moving through. Getting a load out or home is rarely difficult. Cost of living is cheap if you stay away from the cities. We also have every type of weather you could want. Sometimes all in one day.
Last time I was down thataway it rained a lot

To get your CDL doesn't matter what state ! Where you work out depends on YOUR preference, for me if I was to do OTR would be out of my own state or closest to my home. This is all out the window if you choose to uproot an move to another location , which sometimes this may be a better option ?

as thunder road mentioned texas florida nevada great weather no state income tax. south dakota has no state income tax also and low cost of living. but you'll have to deal with the winters and tonados:eek::stare1:...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread