Yup. Still here.


I wouldn't mock them. I'd use that chocolate as a translator app.
Puts me in the mind of my wife watching shows like Swamp People or Moonshiners. I've said before that I don't know why they have subtitles and that I've noticed it's only certain people they do it to.

She says, "ME!! I'm the one they have subtitles for!"

I see a lot of similarities between southerners and Newfoundlanders when it comes to colorful expressions and the multitude of accents. That probably helped it come a bit easier.
 
Puts me in the mind of my wife watching shows like Swamp People or Moonshiners. I've said before that I don't know why they have subtitles and that I've noticed it's only certain people they do it to.

She says, "ME!! I'm the one they have subtitles for!"

I see a lot of similarities between southerners and Newfoundlanders when it comes to colorful expressions and the multitude of accents. That probably helped it come a bit easier.
I went to a North Carolina University and still didn't have as much trouble with those girls as I'm having with those chocolate bars.

Maybe the real trouble starts in Georgia.
 
My mother is from up north and they got some sayings up there.

The one that was handed down to me is, he don't know if his ass is punched or bored.
Nobody here uses that expression but when I use it, I never have to explain it.
 
Nah they're pretty used to it. I still go huh sometimes when some people get going really fast. Most of them are best kind long as you aren't trying to mock them.
I wouldn't mock any of them individually, for speaking the dialect in which they grew up in.

I will however, mock the dialect itself, if I find something funny about it.
 
I wouldn't mock any of them individually, for speaking the dialect in which they grew up in.

I will however, mock the dialect itself, if I find something funny about it.
I did a bit of searching trying to find some decent examples that weren't exaggerated for comedic effect. It's not easy.






 
I've been in the country the last 15 or so years as a permanent resident. You CAN apply for citizenship once you have three years at that but I've never bothered.

I let my PR card go expired last year because you have to document all your border crossings for 5 years when you renew and I wanted to let some I didn't have written down fall off so I wouldn't have to try to remember all that.

When I went to swap everything to the new province the health card people didn't care whatsoever that my card is expired. It doesn't actually take away your status it's just an ID to cross back in with if you leave Canada. The people at motor registration wouldn't accept it at ALL to let me swap my license because it was expired but they had no problem taking my money to register vehicles. Go figure.

I got all my PITA stuff together to renew my card and realized citizenship is all the exact same stuff plus one or two minor things. I should've just done it years ago. Needless to say I dropped both applications online last night
 
I got all my PITA stuff together to renew my card and realized citizenship is all the exact same stuff plus one or two minor things. I should've just done it years ago. Needless to say I dropped both applications online last night
If you take your Canadian citizenship oath do you know all the words to Oh Canada? Because I don't! They change the words like every other week it seems.:D
 
It got up to plus 5 or 6 plus rained cats and dogs all day and night yesterday. The temperature dropped back down last night and today so everything is nice and treacherous since it didn't carry on long enough to melt ALL the snow.

We went for a walk earlier. It's nice once we survived getting off our driveway. I was drifting on it in the pickup earlier so that was fun. Thankfully it's supposed to rain all day again tomorrow and be about plus 8 so likely all this shit will be gone tomorrow.IMG_20250301_140648662_HDR.webpFB_IMG_1740865119149.webpFB_IMG_1740865114002.webp
 
Kind of like the John Cabot and Jaques Cartier type of things?
If Canada wasn't so woke, they would be talking about the founding Father Sir John. A. McDonald and his vision for the nation from conception.
Well dag-nabbit RJ,..

When you drop a name like that, give us a link to some kind of bio on the guy. We Americans don't know your history as well as you know ours.

Here's a link to an American website about Canada's first prime minister.

John A. Macdonald - Wikipedia

I'm going to go read about him now.
 
Kind of like the John Cabot and Jaques Cartier type of things?
If Canada wasn't so woke, they would be talking about the founding Father Sir John. A. McDonald and his vision for the nation from conception.
The turnip did a bit of a dive for a joke. But yes Cabot, Cartier, Louis Riel, Wilfred Laurier, John A McDonald, that Hippolyte feller in Quebec and bunch of them that escape my memory at the moment.

Screenshot_20250302-100024.webp
 

Back
Top