A shelf when you need it?I noticed these boards on the wall in the shop when we moved in. There are three of them about 8 -10 feet apart from each other. Looking at them closer I noticed they've got gste hinges on them to swing up and out from the wall. Any thoughts what they might have been for? View attachment 90841View attachment 90842
I knows da by dat builds da boat. And we aren't far from Fogo and TwillingateMaybe it's for boat building?
Iz tha by that builds the boat and Iz the by that sails her.
Iz the by that catches the fish and takes it home to Lizer.
(Old Newfie folk song)

Nothing to tie them up and you'd have to cut braces for underneath. That crossed my mind for a second but I don't think it's that. We know the father of the guy that owned it before. He's been over a couple times. Might have to ask him. He showed us damn near everything else on the property.A shelf when you need it?
Are there any hooks in the ceiling above them, about a meter or so away from the wall? If so, it's a collapsible rack for something long but relatively lightweight like a multi-person canoe..I noticed these boards on the wall in the shop when we moved in. There are three of them about 8 -10 feet apart from each other. Looking at them closer I noticed they've got gste hinges on them to swing up and out from the wall. Any thoughts what they might have been for? View attachment 90841View attachment 90842
Not a thing in the ceiling or the boards. If there was it would be a pain unless you left something hanging down. That bay door is about 9 feet to give you an idea.Are there any hooks in the ceiling above them, about a meter or so away from the wall? If so, it's a collapsible rack for something long but relatively lightweight like a multi-person canoe..
No hooks in the ceiling to hang the ends from, probably a "Well I was gonna make a ________ but never finished it because (blames wife, kids, dog, job, etc)" kinda thing.

That shop appears to be twice the size of mine.DAAAYYYYMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd love a shop that big. Put a fridge and a grill out there and I'd just live there. Forget the house and the wife!
30 x 70 there's plywood down for floor in the middle of the trusses upstairs. There's a bench press and some weights up there. I'm going to expand on that. My oldest boy and I love to lift.That shop appears to be twice the size of mine.
Mine's also 30x70 but my shop is only in the rear third. The north side is just frame and sheet metal and is full of stuff that doesn't need to be kept from freezing.30 x 70 there's plywood down for floor in the middle of the trusses upstairs. There's a bench press and some weights up there. I'm going to expand on that. My oldest boy and I love to lift.
They went a little fancier than your typical pole pole barn. I'm gonna do my damnedest not to let it get into any hoarder type situation.Mine's also 30x70 but my shop is only in the rear third. The north side is just frame and sheet metal and is full of stuff that doesn't need to be kept from freezing.
We heat with propane here, which is why I didn't insulate the whole building.
And I don't have room upstairs. The bottoms of the trusses are 14' and the drop ceiling is ten inches below them to accommodate thick insulation on top of the ceiling.



You have officially won.They went a little fancier than your typical pole pole barn. I'm gonna do my damnedest not to let it get into any hoarder type situation.
We've also got a 16x26 shed finished in similar fashion that they left the stove and beer fridge in. There's another small shed that's just storage further out on the point by the fire pit and there may even be a third one I've not even been to yet because of the snow.View attachment 90851View attachment 90853View attachment 90854

For real. I hate him now. A garage to men is basically tits to women. We envy because they're bigger.You have officially won.
I mean you have arrived at what should be every man's goal in life.
To own multiple shops that are insulated and heated and can be used for whatever you want..
Now you just gotta spend a few grand on stereo equipment and you'll be set.![]()
I'm content with Bluetooth speakers and plenty of exciting ways to burn gasoline at this point.You have officially won.
I mean you have arrived at what should be every man's goal in life.
To own multiple shops that are insulated and heated and can be used for whatever you want..
Now you just gotta spend a few grand on stereo equipment and you'll be set.![]()
Speaking of fire,...I'm content with Bluetooth speakers and plenty of exciting ways to burn gasoline at this point.

Well I know exactly where the frame wood is in my shop because I built it. And the full sheets, screw heads, etc. But there wasn't one right where I wanted to put the can crusher.With the sheer overkill amount of plugs and full sheets in both these buildings it is really easy to tell how it's framed and hit real wood.
Lord Tunderin' Jeezus b'y. that's a yuge Garage/ shop.Not a thing in the ceiling or the boards. If there was it would be a pain unless you left something hanging down. That bay door is about 9 feet to give you an idea. View attachment 90846