Worst truckstop ever?

ninikins

In your experience, what's the worst truckstop you've ever been to and why?

Flying J in Dallas has to be near the top of my list. The employees are jerks, the place is always packed full of trucks, getting in and out just for fuel can take forever, and if you park your truck there you have a very good chance of getting the front end knocked off of it.

And if that wasn't enough, you have about a 75% chance of getting approached to "buy something" or "loan somebody money" before you can get out of you truck good, even at the fuel island.

the pilot in tifton, ga is pretty nice but the aggrevation of being approached is a factor there, even for me and i don't look/act like a nice guy. :cool: they always want some money or to tell a story.

Flying J in Dallas has to be near the top of my list. The employees are jerks, the place is always packed full of trucks, getting in and out just for fuel can take forever, and if you park your truck there you have a very good chance of getting the front end knocked off of it.

And if that wasn't enough, you have about a 75% chance of getting approached to "buy something" or "loan somebody money" before you can get out of you truck good, even at the fuel island.

OMG! We should get a petition going on that place or something. About 1 1/2 year ago I was riding with my Hubby and we went through there.. Took use 1 hour to get to FINALLY get fueled up and then start walking to the store only to have THREE people approach us to buy dvds, cds, cbs etc... GRRR THEN, we get in the store and the cashier treats us like CRAP, not to mention the crap we bought in the store to eat was disgusting! I actually filed a complaint on this truck stop.. maybe everyone should!

I don't even remember the name, but it was a rinky dink little place in Georgia. I walked into the bathroom, and it was so filthy I walked right back out, got in my truck, and went down the road.

What about Flying J in Pecos,TX exit 49 hwy 20, service at night like nightmare, parking with holes. If you go there at night they looking at you why you came here.
People working behind counter talking to each other, don`t care that you`re waiting.
When you go to Flying J in Tye,TX nicest people. Service # 1. I think Pecos should go there for retraining.

When we ran from Texas to California and back, the Pecos, TX Flying J was off-limits for fueling unless it was an emergency. And since there is a J at Anthony, TX, and in Tye, it would be hard to come up with a good excuse to fuel there, LOL. THe cost of fuel there was always at least 5 cents per gallon higher than anywhere else.

As for the service, I have never been inside of that truck stop so I will take your word for it. :)

The pilot at Beaver Dam, OH. off of I-75....last time I was there it took almost a hour to get fuel..

I would have left but no fuel stops close to location and I needed fuel ASAP.

any and i mean any truck stop in fontana cali esp truck town what a dump of a city and a waste of good land

been so long since I have been in California that I almost forgot about that place. It was a dump back in 2003, and I am sure it has done nothing but get worse since.

I see a few posts about the Flying J in Dallas. Now it has not really improved any, BUT I would have to say the Pilot at exit 470 is by far the worst now. In just the last 2 times I stopped there a driver had his tarps stolen right on the fuel island and another had his truck stolen WHILE HE WAS PUMPING FUEL!!!!!! And of course the lovely security guards they have there were real gungho about helping the drivers out. I do have to give some kudo's to the gm at the east T/A in Ontario CA though. That use to be a real bad place to go and the last couple times I was in there I did not even see 1 lizard lol. We all know they migrated to the west T/A though. At least you can get some sleep there now :)

pilot in harrisburg, pa off I-81 exit 77. gotta be the smallest damn one i have ever been to. the entrance for trucks looks like it is too small and only made for cars.

Got held hostage at I55 truckstop in Chicargo. Atm card on the blink and had no cash so I could't leave.

Got held hostage at I55 truckstop in Chicargo. Atm card on the blink and had no cash so I could't leave.

is that the one where you have to pay to park and if you park in the front, even only for a minute, they tell you to move ? this is located in bolingbroke right ?

well this goes back to the early 1990's, but it has stuck with me ever since. i was down florida, and i stopped at a place not so much a truckstop but as a fueling place that had truck parking for about 2 trucks. the palce was called "Starvin-Marvins". it was the crappiest place (literally) i had ever seen in my life. the bathrooms (which needed a key) were so filthy and smelly, you'd throw up when you opened the door. the toliet stalls were broken, the sinks were on the floor, and "body waste" of all types were on the floor. well, i walked out, and pee'd on the side of the building, thinking, so what, would they notice....???

they had sandwiches inside the store as well..............i dared NOT buy anything from that store, not even a bottle of pop in the machine.

i do hope "Starvin-Marvin" ain't in bussiness no more.

cuz if he is, i will Starve, before i ever stop there again.........

unless all i want to do is pee on his building......!!!!:biglaugh:

I have been to that place! Totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread