What do you do...

How do you load and unload that bike from your catwalk? Would you be able to do the same with my Heritage?
aefe75b0-181a-66e3.jpg
TruckingBiker
Here ya go TB
BikeINABigHouse001.jpg

I have bike I keep in my truck for those times when I have nothing else to do. It looks like this: View attachment 13795
It folds in half and stuffs into a canvas bag. Then I put it on the upper bunk. A great way to get some exercise on the road.

I can ride to the store for groceries, or go find a decent restaurant for a meal way better than the crap available at truck stops.

A old two-stroke, I've heard of them.
View attachment 13795

j911brick, ...

You don't, by any chance, pull reefers??

A couple years ago I was stuck in the bobtail pit at this "scale house" (private business) near the packing plant in Schuyler, NE waiting on a load. One of the other guys who was stuck there woke me up with these strange noises. I got out of the truck to investigate and he was flying an RC helicopter around. I thought it was cool.

I'd like to mount a video camera on one, with a little transmitter to a TV on the ground.

Racer...

I was wanting a folding bicycle for years. Finally bought one, and a week later they took my super-cab Volvo 680 and gave me a tiny little Kenworth T-660. So I had nowhere to carry it, no upper bunk. Won't fit in the side-box and they permanently bolted the 5th wheels in place on the KW's so I can't carry it back there. The trailer will hit it when I turn corners.

j911brick, ...

You don't, by any chance, pull reefers??

A couple years ago I was stuck in the bobtail pit at this "scale house" (private business) near the packing plant in Schuyler, NE waiting on a load. One of the other guys who was stuck there woke me up with these strange noises. I got out of the truck to investigate and he was flying an RC helicopter around. I thought it was cool.

I'd like to mount a video camera on one, with a little transmitter to a TV on the ground.

I have always pulled dry van. I don't get to NE to often.

I have always pulled dry van. I don't get to NE to often.

Well then you're not the only one out there with the RC helicopter hobby. I would love to get into that, but mostly for aerial photography purposes.

I hear that and then they always watch the USA channel.Many are talking shop.If i'm at a truck stop for hrs i'm goingto drop the trl and go somewhere like later on today.I met a heavy hauler a couple weeks ago that always dops his trl when hes parked for the weekend.He went to some race and asked if I wanted to go but Walmart sounded better,LOL.
One of the reasons I brought up this topic is because I see so many people just hanging around the drivers room, it just seems such a waist of time when there re so many other things to do.

Well then you're not the only one out there with the RC helicopter hobby. I would love to get into that, but mostly for aerial photography purposes.

You can put a camera on any heli, but pro aerial photography rigs cost over $10K and require three people to operate.

You can put a camera on any heli, but pro aerial photography rigs cost over $10K and require three people to operate.

Nah. I ain't talking about no Hollywood quality stuff, or something you can sell to real estate developers.

My old man bought this little 5 dollar chinese keychain camera that records 640x480 color, 30 fps MOV format video. He mounted it on a kite and got a pretty neat video looking down at the farm. I never knew my company went back to painting "panic numbers" on the tops of their trailers.

He couldn't aim the camera, nor could he see what it was recording until afterwards, though.

For less than $100 you can get a crappy little black and white camera and transmitter that'll transmit on VHF or UHF or something, to a little black and white TV (or any TV) on the ground. That could be attached to an RC chopper just as a viewfinder so you know what the other camera is pointed at.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread