What do you do...

j911brick

...for entertainment while your laid over or on break?

I have way too many things to do. Aside from computer and business stuff, I might work on the truck if needed (cleaning, PM, etc). I also carry a motorcycle on the truck in case I want to go for a ride, and I have an RC helicopter that I fly. The problem lately is that I don't have time to do anything. The bike hasn't been off the truck all year, and I can barely fly the helicopter anymore. Its probably been two years since I flew it seriously. I bought a new battery last year but still have not installed it. Most my down time is at home these days and I have other things to do.

...for entertainment while your laid over or on break?

I have way too many things to do. Aside from computer and business stuff, I might work on the truck if needed (cleaning, PM, etc). I also carry a motorcycle on the truck in case I want to go for a ride, and I have an RC helicopter that I fly. The problem lately is that I don't have time to do anything. The bike hasn't been off the truck all year, and I can barely fly the helicopter anymore. Its probably been two years since I flew it seriously. I bought a new battery last year but still have not installed it. Most my down time is at home these days and I have other things to do.

Ditto,Except for the helicopter thing.I bought one about 2or 3 years ago.I'm not sure why. Its still in the box.If it is still ther around Chrismas, I may just donate it.I;m sure some kid will enjoy it,I know I would if I had the time.

Ditto,Except for the helicopter thing.I bought one about 2or 3 years ago.I'm not sure why. Its still in the box.If it is still ther around Chrismas, I may just donate it.I;m sure some kid will enjoy it,I know I would if I had the time.

My heli costs over $2K. I'm not going to be donating it any time soon.

My heli costs over $2K. I'm not going to be donating it any time soon.

I gues thats where we are different then.Mine costs nowhere near 2 grand and even if it did and was still in the box as is mine,If I had not used it by Christmas, I would donate it to a children cause.Actualy your post has inspired me.So I will give it away no matter.I know a child would get more enjoyment out of it than I ever would.

I watch DVDS ,get on my laptop,clean trk,laundry and if I have extra money and done early and don't have to get up early i'll drop the trl and find a Walmart and/or a nice eating place.

I watch DVDS ,get on my laptop,clean trk,laundry and if I have extra money and done early and don't have to get up early i'll drop the trl and find a Walmart and/or a nice eating place.

you love some wally world dont you i see you go there alot in lots of the post you put on here

Brick--- Please post a pick of your bike loaded on your truck. It would be so great if I could do that.
aeffd039-8af5-0e65.jpg

TruckingBiker

I don't layover very long, so, usually it's nap time. When I get stuck at a tank wash for a while, I'll do some housekeeping, go eat and shop since I've unhooked from the trailer, and, if I still have to wait I'll set up my Play Station and either kill cops (GTA), or, do some racing till my eyes get heavy. Then, it's nap time.

How long does it take to wash a tank?

TruckingBiker

How long does it take to wash a tank?

TruckingBiker

The actual cleaning process only takes 1.5 - 2.0 hours. Unfortunately, there are many tanker yankers requiring the same service. It seems we all show up at the same time, especially on Mondays. Then, brown nosing, and, begging is the order of the day. Plus, if you can't get cleaned in time to load the same day, you're stuck until the next morning. Tank wash terminals ain't a bad place to camp out. The lots are mostly secured, the bathroom is available 24/7, and, they make a pot of coffee when 1st shift shows up.

True I do post alot about Walmart BUT i'm not any of those walmart photos on here,LOL.

HA HA, I saw this great big dude in my local wall mart shopping with a reflective safety vest on.I was like Damn it dude your big enough we can't miss you and with the safety vest on we all know you are here.LOL.Sorry safety is no laughing matter,Safety first,think safety.I wonder if he was told to wear that vest all the time so he does even at bedtime.

LMAOOOO takes all kinds.I seen this lady a few days ago by the walmart door I spose waiting for her ride.Only thing pretty on her was her hair.She wighed a good 400 lbs and had shorts on that were VERY SHORT like hot pants short.Her shirt was showing her mid section I think it's great she has high self esteem but considering her size,do it with clothing on.But something a model would wear.I thought about asking her if I could take your pic from my phone because I love your hair and would like to show my beautician and then post it on the walmart photo section but I did'nt.
HA HA, I saw this great big dude in my local wall mart shopping with a reflective safety vest on.I was like Damn it dude your big enough we can't miss you and with the safety vest on we all know you are here.LOL.Sorry safety is laughing matter,Safety first,think safety.I wonder if he was told to wear that vest all the time so he does even at bedtime.

How do you load and unload that bike from your catwalk? Would you be able to do the same with my Heritage?
TruckingBiker

You would be hard pressed to carry a bike that size. First of all you need to have a certain amount of space behind the sleeper. Then you have to have something you can handle in awkward situations. Third:you need a bike you can afford to get trashed. I bought this bike for the soul purpose of using on the truck. Road grime and weather pretty much trashes it and I usually have to spend allot of time cleaning it before I can even ride. TO load it I have two two ramps. I walk up one, and walk the bike up the other. I start the bike, put it in gear, and motor it up. If the tires are wet its near impossible. I have also dropped it a couple times. Once I get it on the cat walk I have to lift it into the rack. Somebody makes a power automated unit that would be better for you, but it really requires you have allot of space behind the sleeper. You would have to have about four more feet that what I have, and no obstructions like tanks or tool boxes. I have also seen enclosed units, but even more space is needed for that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread