• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Walmart may be hiring drivers/special consideration for recent vets.

butter

i think walmart, specifically the DC in Pottsville, Pa, but maybe w-mart in general is hiring drivers with special consideration given to recent ( discharged within 12 months) vets.

Wasn't sure if i was allowed to post the link here.

i'm just passing it along.

Used to be a waiting list 20 years long it seemed to drive for walmart. What changed?

Not many people who are qualified to run for WalMart want to run in the NorthWest, expecially during winter.

There's a lot of BS attached to driving for WalMart. More than I deal with from Swift. They pay very handsomely, though. Most say that's what makes the BS worth it.

I work with a few ex Wally World drivers from the Gas City DC. None of them really had anything nice to say about Wally World, other than the pay. I considered going there myself when I left England, but had 2nd thoughts about making that move after talking to a few of their drivers.

I do remember when Walmart had a long waiting list. I wonder what happened to make their turnover rate increase.

Sam died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we have a winner!

Any time you hand over a company to a spoiled kid who didn't deserve it, it's going to go downhill. It happened to CR England and so many other companies.

Moral of the story: if you start your own company, DONT GIVE IT TO YOUR KIDS!!!

Except Sam Walton died almost 22 years ago and less than a decade ago there was a line around the DC when driver openings happened. Now they are far larger requiring a greater workforce. In addition to maintain that safety and service record they have always imposed high standards. Now they have rules to hold their company to that standard because enough people hate Walmart just for being Walmart let alone when they see a driver hacking on his phone, or speeding, pulling out in front of people...........

Like @Injun said lots of rules, and zero tolerance for violations.

As a side note if I have one more driver tell me how Sam himself called up and straightened out the store manager, or took him to lunch, sat there discussing hunting, or played with his dog I am gonna start :bigpaddle:

As a side note if I have one more driver tell me how Sam himself called up and straightened out the store manager, or took him to lunch, sat there discussing hunting, or played with his dog I am gonna start :bigpaddle:
Did I ever tell you about the time I was delivering to wal*Mart and Sam himself..............Oh never mind.

As a side note if I have one more driver tell me how Sam himself called up and straightened out the store manager, or took him to lunch, sat there discussing hunting, or played with his dog I am gonna say:
amakeameme.org_media_created_YOU_Funny.jpg

Fixed..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread