Trucking Trends That Can Go Away Anytime Now...

I was driving home in fog the other night, doing about 50 in a 55.

All of a sudden out of nowhere I saw bright vivid brake lights for a second then they disappeared.

So that car that tapped its brakes was far enough ahead of me that I couldn't see its tail lights but I could clearly see those bright LED brake lights.

In fog, you can see headlights in your mirrors LONG before they can see your tail lights. So I guess if someone is a ways behind you, a little tap on the brakes will alert them to your presence.

Me staying behind you watching your flashers is more hypnotizing and dangerous than you having them on. If you can't drive in poor weather, don't. You opinion of appropriate speed does not automatically equate to someone elses "lack of discretion".

Agreed. I appreciate those who use their hazards, but don't criticize me for going around.

Me staying behind you watching your flashers is more hypnotizing and dangerous than you having them on. If you can't drive in poor weather, don't. You opinion of appropriate speed does not automatically equate to someone elses "lack of discretion".
Cool man. Do you. It's not about me not being able to drive. It's about others who can't. I've driven in weather that a lot of folks won't. I'm gonna get there in one piece because I'm careful and smart. Sorry if you don't like my flashers. Couldn't care less, to be completely honest.

I was driving home in fog the other night, doing about 50 in a 55.

All of a sudden out of nowhere I saw bright vivid brake lights for a second then they disappeared.

So that car that tapped its brakes was far enough ahead of me that I couldn't see its tail lights but I could clearly see those bright LED brake lights.

In fog, you can see headlights in your mirrors LONG before they can see your tail lights. So I guess if someone is a ways behind you, a little tap on the brakes will alert them to your presence.

Those "bright LED brake lights" aren't worth a damn if they travel any distance over snowy-icy roads. At least the old-type bulbs created enough heat to melt the snow and ice off them for about a couple hundred miles of white roads but eventually they cake up too. That drivers are supposed to stop and check their loads and equipment every couple of hours or X number of miles might not work where the roads are narrow and the weather ain't too great. But it's hard to beat those LED brake lights for brightness and durability in good conditions.

Those "bright LED brake lights" aren't worth a damn if they travel any distance over snowy-icy roads. At least the old-type bulbs created enough heat to melt the snow and ice off them for about a couple hundred miles of white roads but eventually they cake up too. That drivers are supposed to stop and check their loads and equipment every couple of hours or X number of miles might not work where the roads are narrow and the weather ain't too great. But it's hard to beat those LED brake lights for brightness and durability in good conditions.
Squirt a little WD40 on the lens. Does a pretty good job of preventing snow build up.

They need to make them hybrid.

Incandescent tail, LED brake.

I like how the instant-on of the LEDs get your attention. But yeah they need the heat from the incandescents to melt snow.

Or maybe they can just make the lenses out of Teflon or something snow won't stick to.

Speaking of LEDs what chaps my ass is the cocksuckers that are too lazy to do a pretrip. Ain’t snowed anywhere near where your at in two days and they still got 4” of road slush covering this taillights and plate. Like dude you’re over 1200 miles from where it’s snowing, so you had to stop and sleep at some point.

Spotting someone when you can't speak the language.

So here I was trying to back into a tight black hole and I was confident I could get in.

Because the whole dock area was pretty tight my initial setup was not the best so I guess that is what hat prompted that driver to be my GOAL.

So here he was arms flailing all over the place doing the steering wheel turn thing one way hen the other.

Tell you what the only thing I really understood from him is the one hand signal to stop.

He was actually messing my position that I already had before he tried to help.

So after a few more attempts with him so called spotting me he suggested I just wait till he leaves........"wait, I leave, few minute".

I consented.

Speaking of LEDs what chaps my ass is the cocksuckers that are too lazy to do a pretrip. Ain’t snowed anywhere near where your at in two days and they still got 4” of road slush covering this taillights and plate. Like dude you’re over 1200 miles from where it’s snowing, so you had to stop and sleep at some point.
Do you need some blistex?

So here I was trying to back into a tight black hole and I was confident I could get in.

Because the whole dock area was pretty tight my initial setup was not the best so I guess that is what hat prompted that driver to be my GOAL.

So here he was arms flailing all over the place doing the steering wheel turn thing one way hen the other.

Tell you what the only thing I really understood from him is the one hand signal to stop.

So after a few more attempts with him so called spotting me he suggested I just wait till he leaves........"wait, I leave, few minute".

I consented.
Do you need some KY?

I consented.
I hear ya. arms flailing arms are very distracting. Just stop me if I am about to hit something.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread