Don't Go Away Mad, Just Go Away.

derekcook13

On March 30th, 2018. I turned in my Truck Key, and Comdata Card. Cleaned out the Truck, and left Trucking maybe for good. "One less, who will know! So, 2 days later got another job. Working a for Master Carpenter. Seeeee yaimages.jpeg

Last edited:
The owner operator I was running for, was not my cup of tea. Been with him for 1yr 3mo. He had to equip the truck with ELD. He waited until now, because of me. But I just couldn't find it in myself, to run ELD. So, I quit! People are different no matter we're ya go. Opinions very, ideas and concerns. That being said, if all you knew was ELD, happy ELD trails to ya. But I started in a different era.

The owner operator I was running for, was not my cup of tea. Been with him for 1yr 3mo. He had to equip the truck with ELD. He waited until now, because of me. But I just couldn't find it in myself, to run ELD. So, I quit! People are different no matter we're ya go. Opinions very, ideas and concerns. That being said, if all you knew was ELD, happy ELD trails to ya. But I started in a different era.
i prolly started long before you did, and i adapted.

good luck to you, but something tells me, you'll be back, just as soon as carpentry work slows to a crawl, or you got some gripes about that work too.

So the guy waited because of you, and you quit anyway. If that was me you drove for, i would be pissed and would never hire you back.

Been with him for 1yr 3mo. He had to equip the truck with ELD. He waited until now, because of me. But I just couldn't find it in myself, to run ELD. So, I quit!

It sounds like he was doing his best to accommodate you.
You should have thanked him for trying to work with you and given notice just out of common courtesy.

Maybe @Mike , @mndriver or @ironpony will hire you.
:smile:

:stirpot:

Have you considered working for a broker?
I think you'd fit in pretty well with @Agent_Z .
:sneaky:

This was to my Boss, even though it's private. This is one of many reasons for me leaving: I had a small incident involving a trailer at a consignee. I know the why and how. It was unfortunate to say the least. But things happen, taking anything for granted was the first step of what went wrong that day.

Last edited:
So the reason I shared this! When It comes to forming any comments, what you don't know. Is a lot!

Well...
obviously!!!
But what you posted for public consumption was basically, "I quit, because F ELD's."

Whatever...
Have a nice life.
:wave:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread