Trucking Trends That Can Go Away Anytime Now...

A million years ago I was westbound on I-90 in MN.

I was behind a trailer with stainless steel doors and I could see my reflection and I saw my left headlight burn out. I'd never seen one actually burn out.

South Dakota coops were open & bringing everyone to a dead stop on the scales. I hadn't gone past anywhere I could have gotten a bulb from in the ten miles or so since it went out.

So I turned them off and just kept the markers on "as a courtesy".

DOT bears never noticed. 😁

I was behind a trailer with stainless steel doors and I could see my reflection and I saw my left headlight burn out. I'd never seen one actually burn out.

South Dakota coops were open & bringing everyone to a dead stop on the scales. I hadn't gone past anywhere I could have gotten a bulb from in the ten miles or so since it went out.

I do that all the time running at night.

Yeah, I've had one die just before heading into a coop. Freakin' traitor headlight bulb!

.:mad-97: :order:

Last edited:
I've heard of companies that won't even allow a driver to change a headlight bulb.

Usually because they know they hire retards.

But at Roadway the union didn't let us do anything. We weren't even allowed to open the hood because those f*ktard Teamsters local 710 considered it to be stealing work from the mechanics.
So when ********** overheats from lack of coolant, runs out of oil or washer fluid, or God forbid anything goes awry on that steer axle go ahead and start chucking Teamsters under the proverbial bus.

So when ********** overheats from lack of coolant, runs out of oil or washer fluid, or God forbid anything goes awry on that steer axle go ahead and start chucking Teamsters under the proverbial bus.
Why the proverbial bus when we can throw them under a real one?

I remember one of our former members here saying he went into a scale and was hauled around for an inspection. He and the cop were both standing at the front of the truck and watched the headlight blow. He had a spare bulb and replaced it right away, but the dirtbag cop wrote it on the inspection anyway.

I remember one of our former members here saying he went into a scale and was hauled around for an inspection. He and the cop were both standing at the front of the truck and watched the headlight blow. He had a spare bulb and replaced it right away, but the dirtbag cop wrote it on the inspection anyway.
I been stopped by cops for some really off the wall junk. One time i was stopped and a cop ask me if i was a married woman. Another time a cop stopped me just to ask me where i was going....nether cop in neither state ask to see any paper work.....just off the wall junk.

That happened to me in Michigan a couple years ago except he was in the median waiting and dragged me into a rest area.

Then the sumbitch drops my permit (not stapled) and there we are chasing it across the parking lot.

Crap like this can go away

Putting your right turn signal in long before you’re done passing me.

Again I mostly see this with people not native to the North American continent.

Its a minor thing but annoying and useless.
Might be to keep cars from cutting you off and passing him on the right the second the gap is big enough.

Putting your right turn signal in long before you’re done passing me.

Again I mostly see this with people not native to the North American continent.

Its a minor thing but annoying and useless.
It seems a bit ignorant to me.
They are passing and I have to look at this blink,blink blink especially in the dark.
It looks like they are expecting you to slow down and accommodate them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread