Steer tires

InTooDeep

What do you believe is the best steer tire. I've been using Bridgestone R283a and after 60,000 miles there is a spot where the tire has split and chunked. It looks as if I ran over something which I don't think I have. I am very careful where I put my wheels, of course it is possible. Just replaced all drive tires couple weeks ago so didn't need to find this this morning LOL. Obviously new steers are the plan in the morningIMG_20180912_135524.jpgIMG_20180912_135524.jpg

Last edited:
Bridgestones are good but I trust Michelins for steers. Of course I do not buy the tires, I am a company driver but I feel better with Michelins on the steers.
Most companies I have worked for have michelin steers regardless of what the drives are, Even if they are cheap chinese tires on the drives.

*No I do not work for michelin or have any family members that work for michelin:D

Bridgestones are good but I trust Michelins for steers. Of course I do not buy the tires, I am a company driver but I feel better with Michelins on the steers.
Most companies I have worked for have michelin steers regardless of what the drives are, Even if they are cheap chinese tires on the drives.

*No I do not work for michelin or have any family members that work for michelin:D
But he is as round as the Michelin Man.

Good call. The dock I deliver to in the morning is very tight and I turn my wheels before moving to aide in getting in the hole. Will stop doing that.

To take it further, see how far you can turn the wheel. Shouldn’t be able to turn it more than two revolutions to the left or to the right from center. If you can, the truck is turning too sharp and damaging the tires.

Should have added a poll. It looks like Michelin is the steer tire of choice.:thumbsup: But, By how much? 100%!

To take it further, see how far you can turn the wheel. Shouldn’t be able to turn it more than two revolutions to the left or to the right from center. If you can, the truck is turning too sharp and damaging the tires.
If it lets me, I'm doing it.

GOODYEAR
DURASEAL-
Run over a nail. They self seal. Can you say no down time : )
Love them on my Mack dump truck.

Attachments

• D48B3010-F007-49C4-9A17-251484609C99.jpeg
    D48B3010-F007-49C4-9A17-251484609C99.jpeg
    216.1 KB · Views: 11

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread