Chinese tire on steer

desouzast

I have purchased 1 chinese steer tire Roadx ST355 steer tire lp 22.5. I will mount it on 2003 freightliner columbia with a 48 flat spread. I ran intra state fl for now but that may change. I dont have centramatics for now but that will change soon. I purchased the tire for two eighty nine in jacksonville fl. I will update my results often to let everyone know how its going. so we can put these hear-say comments to bed. I have a heavy foot and a taste for the left lane, some say i'm an animal. I know what people say about chinese steers but I will post info on my personal experience, not from tom dick and harry, or the fantastic folks at the TA. please save all negative comments for a later date thank you

I know the actual Road X Brand. I have 28575R24.5 tractions in stock. I have made postings in the past in reference to Private Labels (Chinese). I think they are good tires for the right application. The only problem is I never recommend putting a private label on the steer. You should be sticking to a major brand on steering tires. I certainly have plenty of customers that put them on the steers and they will work out fine, but lets face it the steers are what control the vehicle and there is only 2 of them so its always best to spend a little money.

My # is listed in the classifieds under 2 ads I have for tires. Feel free to call if you need any help or have questions.

I have about 500 miles so far no problems. I had the combination balanced no shakes the tire seems pretty good so far. i will continue updating. I like that whole use good quality tires on the steer speech, but maybe I am the only one here with this problem, but i dont have a lot of free cash. I feed a family 6 mouths. I cant spend 600 a tire for steers. who ever doesnt agree with sorry and for who cares I will continue my trek.

I have about 500 miles so far no problems. I had the combination balanced no shakes the tire seems pretty good so far. i will continue updating. I like that whole use good quality tires on the steer speech, but maybe I am the only one here with this problem, but i dont have a lot of free cash. I feed a family 6 mouths. I cant spend 600 a tire for steers. who ever doesnt agree with sorry and for who cares I will continue my trek.
You gotta do what you can afford sometimes.

I have a set of Chinese tires on the steer on one of my trucks. Around 24K miles and no problems so far. I was surprised at how many tires that are labeled with names we all know and love are actually made in China....or Mexico.

No question u need to do what's right for budget , I agree there but you don't have to spend 600. I think you mentioned 29575R22.5. I could have got you major brand for around 400, maybe even less.

I always have tires that fit everyone's budget. Actually I even have 24.5 advertised at 395 in classifieds. A Chinese tire doesn't cost much less.

I have a few thousand miles on the tire and it's wearing very nicely. Rides nice and smooth, the only thing i've noticed is that it runs a little hotter than the hankook I have on the passenger side. all in all I like it so far.

update... I have about 10k on the tire and the wear on it is very good. tire looks great the wear is great and it rides smooth. I really cant find a bad thing to say about. but I will keep my "testing" going. I recently went over the road for 2 weeks but now Im back in florida doing intrastate work.

I have 1 chinese tire on my steer axle. I have about 25k miles on this tire. I have no bad things to say about this tire. One of the best tires I have ever ran on the steer of my truck. I really don't care for spending 800 on 1 Michelin. I will not hesitate again to run chinese on front but he is my disclaimer, My results are not for everyone or every truck. If someone has a question feel free to ask

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread