social media should trucking companies do it? if so why or why not

Trying to find out if social media works for truck driver do you follow trucking companies and if so what do you want them to post?'

Thank you

I think @Duck and I found something to agree on...
Oh, .. in that case, I'm changing my opinion.

Social media is an excellent way for drivers to mingle online, connect with co-workers, share pictures of their kids, and hopefully not post anything while their e-log shows them driving...

:stirpot:

1. The company that I work for is a business, not my family. My "relationship" with them is strictly business and nothing else.

2. Any business site that claims to be "interactive" is a sham. At best it will tell you "we are going to do this or that. get ready".

3. Businesses don't have friends, they have employees who are disposable when necessary.

4. I don't know what is behind your little "social experiment' here. Nor do I particularly care. Seems like you're being 'cute" as a recruiter for your particular company. Not interested.

Oh, .. in that case, I'm changing my opinion.

Social media is an excellent way for drivers to mingle online, connect with co-workers, share pictures of their kids..

I don't know about anyone else, but I care not to share anything with my co-worker's either during my working hours, or when I am the hell away from'em..

I go to work to earn my paycheck, not to make friends. no need for me to be "too friendly or open" to them SOB's, as I have always felt a co-worker is no more than a rat and a back-stabber

So you guys would not share any experiences you have on the road on social media. what about if it worked as a costumer service helped you with on the road things to do ways to stay healthy or funny images ??

So you guys would not share any experiences you have on the road on social media. what about if it worked as a costumer service helped you with on the road things to do ways to stay healthy or funny images ??

That's what we do right here if you'll notice. Difference is that here we do not have company personnel (office staff/management) watching our every word.

So you're being redundant actually.

That's what we do right here if you'll notice. Difference is that here we do not have company personnel (office staff/management) watching our every word.

So you're being redundant actually.
Actually a lot of companies watch these forums to see what drivers are saying about them.

The difference here is, unlike Facebook, we don't use our real names.

or maybe you should focus on the behavior and treatment of your drivers by the office/shop personnel/shippers/receivers and stop thinking the DRIVERS are the only problem.

Look at just about any social media account for a trucking company. You're going to need awfully thick skin because people are going to spend a lot more time ripping your company to shreds than anything else.

Look at just about any social media account for a trucking company. You're going to need awfully thick skin because people are going to spend a lot more time ripping your company to shreds than anything else.
Yeah. A few of us on here ganged up on Mercer's Facebook page a couple years ago.

Yeah. A few of us on here ganged up on Mercer's Facebook page a couple years ago.
I have yet to find a company that's worth bragging about.What I think is funny is when drivers think there company is the ultimate company to drive for and a month later they're on the forum telling us how bad they are.

Regardless of workplace or career, I wouldn't follow them on social media. Work and home/personal life should stay disconnected in my opinion.

Now if the company wants to make its own little InstaGram or whatever and post encouragements and stuff... Go right ahead... I just wouldn't follow.

I've got most of the people at my company blocked on Facebook.

I keep two brown-nosing drivers (who think I quit 5 years ago) on there, just so I have access to their friends lists & can occasionally look through them for more office people to block.

I have nothing against any of them personally. I just see it as a conflict of interest.

The head of dispatch has a joint Facebook account with his wife. I blocked it.

Joint-FB-Account.jpg

:rolllaugh:

:whip:

My company has a social media account, I have not given it a like or a share. I have read through the comments. Ironic because the guy that responds to any comments, I believe is genuine in upholding his constitution of the company philosophy of being family and drivers are important. The rest of the office, not so much.

Whatever! that is recruiting.

Waddam I gonna do? Go on there and point out the untruths?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread