Why is it so many companies don't allow pets?

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
I almost got a job at Bay&Bay transfer,the interview with the recruiter went real well.She said every thing looks good,no violations,no points on your csa ect,then I asked if she alows pets and said no unless I want to do a lease purchase.So i'll keep on looking.Who knows of a good company that hires out of Iowa and allows pets? I was worried Jason lied on my DAC thank god he did'nt.I did request a dac sent to me though.

I don't know of any carriers in Iowa that hire but I got a pretty good idea why co's do not allow pets.

Spoiler alert!!

This is for everyone who trucks with a pet.
If you own a pet and you keep your truck clean and pet hair/odor free, then what I'm about to say does not apply to you so don't get your collective panties in a wad and start callin me names and insulting me. I already have plenty of people in my life to do that.

Trucking companies don't need the hassle of pets in the truck.You get drivers who barely keep themselves clean,with animals they seem to have absolutely no control over.
Seats chewed through, stains /smells in the carpeting (my prom date had that problem) and the hair gets into the hvac system and causes havoc.And when that driver quits/fired/died they have to try to assign that truck to someone else. Not me!

Just another case of drivers are their own worst enemy.

I understand what you're saying.Many drivers ruin it for everyone else,but that's what pet deposits are for.Some companies do allow pets but picky on what pets the drivers have.There should be certain conditions to having a pet in the trk with you.I won't drive for a company unless Tiny comes with.

I'm one of those drivers that do keep the trk clean because I have to live in it so i'll just keep on looken.Sooner or later i'll land a company,fleetdirectory.com is a good site with all companies

A pet deposit would have to be extremely expensive to cover the cost of repairs to a truck that many pets would cause. $500 isn't going to cover it, and it is a gamble at best when companies do this.

As said above, truck drivers are their worst enemies. You have shipper and receivers that don't want animals showing up because drivers let them crap right by their building, and leave it there for them to clean up. Same thing at truck stops, can't count how many close calls I have had trying to carry a trash bag to the trash cans behind the parking spaces and having to step over piles of dog crap just to get to the trash can.

I almost got a job at Bay&Bay transfer,the interview with the recruiter went real well.She said every thing looks good,no violations,no points on your csa ect,then I asked if she alows pets and said no unless I want to do a lease purchase.So i'll keep on looking.Who knows of a good company that hires out of Iowa and allows pets? I was worried Jason lied on my DAC thank god he did'nt.I did request a dac sent to me though.

Jason has to subscribe to the service to leave a negative report on your DAC. From what I have read here, I doubt he does.

That's what I thought thank you for confirming and no he does not use DAC.I find alot of companies that do allow pets after posting this but another flaw,i'm not in their hireing area.
Jason has to subscribe to the service to leave a negative report on your DAC. From what I have read here, I doubt he does.

If I were to apply for employment with a trucking company, and, they tried to put me in a truck that was previously occupied by a dog, cat, or, any other critter it would be a deal breaker. I would walk away. Most trucking executives know they would have troubles hiring quality drivers if they tried to place them in stinky trucks, so, the best way to avoid the problem is to have, and, enforce a "No Pet Policy". Works for me.

Who'd want to sit here all day, then, lay down to sleep next to it. Yuck!!

View attachment 14770
View attachment 14770

I see what you're saying.alof of drivers are inconsiderate when it comes to respecting property therefore ruin it for one the ones that do respect property.When I take tiny out at a rest area or a customer I ask the cust first,I take a walmart bag and papertowel and clean up tinys mess.I think of the ppl that own the property as well as the ppl that walk on it.Truckstops not so much because tiny does'nt do her job by the trks se has to be way out there because she don't want noone watching her,LOL.
A pet deposit would have to be extremely expensive to cover the cost of repairs to a truck that many pets would cause. $500 isn't going to cover it, and it is a gamble at best when companies do this.

As said above, truck drivers are their worst enemies. You have shipper and receivers that don't want animals showing up because drivers let them crap right by their building, and leave it there for them to clean up. Same thing at truck stops, can't count how many close calls I have had trying to carry a trash bag to the trash cans behind the parking spaces and having to step over piles of dog crap just to get to the trash can.

Sometimes talking does work.A hopperbottom company,20 trks just called and they don't allow pets but after talking with him he's going to talk to the owner.He's looking up my MVR as we speak.He just called back to make sure the license number is correct.It's a company out of ND that does very little mountains and alot of the Mid West.I never ran hopper bottom but how hard can it be.I filled out an online resume with smarttruckingjobs and 15 minutes later I got a bite.

Patricia, what is this aversion you have to mountains? I have heard you mention it several times. i hope you are not telling potential employers you can't, won't, perfer not to run mountains. Mountain driving can be learned. It really isn't that hard. Just learn to control you speed. There is no reason to fear mountains.

Patricia, what is this oversion you have to mountains? I have heard you mention it several times. i hope you are not telling potential employers you can't, won't, perfer not to run mountains. Mountain driving can be learned. It really isn't that hard. Just learn to control you speed. There is no reason to fear mountains.
Quit being so formal call me Patty,LOL.Mountains/snow and me don't get along but during the warmer months not a problem i'll drive them all day long.I don't wanna have to drive them that could possibly mean chaining up.

I like the name Patricia and prefer to use it. It isn't being formal. There is always the possibility of having to chain, but I have driven all over in all conditions and haven't had to chain once. That is not to say I won't be caught some day, I'm sure I will. It is just another part of the job. My concern is that you maybe not considering some good companies because they run the Western 11 states.

Ok fine use it then,LOL.Im applying to companies that run all 48 and Canada I don't tell them I prefer not the west but when they tell me where they run then i'll ask them about the West.I prefer some place close to Iowa because do you realize how many hrs on the bus that is going to a company out west.But I did apply to a couple NC companies.I know that's not much better far as a bus ride goes though.

But right now companies are'nt hiring me because I got fired and don't even wanna know why.I'm strongly convinced in trucking there is no such thing as innocent till proven guilty.

Ok fine use it then,LOL.Im applying to companies that run all 48 and Canada I don't tell them I prefer not the west but when they tell me where they run then i'll ask them about the West.I prefer some place close to Iowa because do you realize how many hrs on the bus that is going to a company out west.But I did apply to a couple NC companies.I know that's not much better far as a bus ride goes though.

Just because they run in the West dosen't mean they are based in the West!

mountains are just flat ground thats tilted up a little bit. lol. im glad i dont mind mountains...i would have to quit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread