Why is it so many companies don't allow pets?

I rest my case on the ongoing debate over the Fleece To Own/Be Your Own Business Owner story.
i agree there as you probily have said it hundreds of times and probily will say it hundreds more times. trucking is like anything else you'll get out of it what you put into it and what you invest in yourself.

More and more companies might be getting away from the whole no pet thing for now.But I have a feeling that's going to change in time.

why don't some companies allow pets? have you seen the drivers that looked like grease balls with there pants hanging down the crack of there rear thinking there the greatest thing LMAO you'll need to idle to them that's wasting there fuel and burning up some of there profit as there in bussiness to make profit. as another poster said all that fur will clog up the HVAC system who's gonna clean that out? never mind all the pee and crap stains the animal may leave and possibly chewing on things. some companies want there trucks up to OEM or dam near close to them when they dump em off for new ones!! then theres the after smell of the animal if you quit or get canned and if the next person has allergies there probily not gonna take that truck or they won't be to pleased spending money out of there truck when there thinking someone else should have done it.

why don't some companies allow pets? have you seen the drivers that looked like grease balls with there pants hanging down the crack of there rear thinking there the greatest thing LMAO you'll need to idle to them that's wasting there fuel and burning up some of there profit as there in bussiness to make profit. as another poster said all that fur will clog up the HVAC system who's gonna clean that out? never mind all the pee and crap stains the animal may leave and possibly chewing on things. some companies want there trucks up to OEM or dam near close to them when they dump em off for new ones!! then theres the after smell of the animal if you quit or get canned and if the next person has allergies there probily not gonna take that truck or they won't be to pleased spending money out of there truck when there thinking someone else should have done it.
of course i've seen some of the greaseballs out here,LOL.I see where you're coming from.But drivers need to be accountable for what their pets do and companies need to make the drivers pay.When the fur clogs something,make the driver pay.Tiny has clogged the ac up and cost$450.00 to fix.I paid it all and offered.I did'nt have to but it was my fault Jason was pleased as punch when I offered to pay for it.What ever happens at a company and it's my fault im going to pay for it and also clean the trk far better then I got it because of the next driver.The companies I drove for that has a pet deposit,I got every bit of that deposit back because i'm one of the few that actually does keep one step ahead with tiny in the trk.

It should also be noted that some companies might fear their freight being late because of a medical issue with a pet that has immediate attention at the vet.

of course i've seen some of the greaseballs out here,LOL.I see where you're coming from.But drivers need to be accountable for what their pets do and companies need to make the drivers pay.When the fur clogs something,make the driver pay.Tiny has clogged the ac up and cost$450.00 to fix.I paid it all and offered.I did'nt have to but it was my fault Jason was pleased as punch when I offered to pay for it.What ever happens at a company and it's my fault im going to pay for it and also clean the trk far better then I got it because of the next driver.The companies I drove for that has a pet deposit,I got every bit of that deposit back because i'm one of the few that actually does keep one step ahead with tiny in the trk.

A/C systems get clogged up every couple years even without pets.

Some companies might fear that a load will be late if a driver's dog runs off and he has to stay in the area to find him.

LMAO. well your one of the very fer that takes care of the truck and admits if something was your fault where most just dump the truck off and move on. but sadly to say it only takes one to screw it up for everyone. lots of drivers don't take care of the trucks cause it's not theres and they figure why should i and it's there problem not mine. well if there the one using the truck and they don't take care of it well then it's there problem as they can goto court and be sued for damages. drivers need to more more accountable not just what there pets do but for there actions as well.

It should also be noted that some companies might fear their freight being late because of a medical issue with a pet that has immediate attention at the vet.
Never thought about that or even heard of companies doing that.They all tell me the same thing,past drivers.I don't blame companies,I blame drivers that has ruined it for everyone.

Whether pet related or anything believe it or not I will admit to it if it's my fault,and I will pay for whatever damages.I figure it's only fair.
LMAO. well your one of the very fer that takes care of the truck and admits if something was your fault where most just dump the truck off and move on. but sadly to say it only takes one to screw it up for everyone. lots of drivers don't take care of the trucks cause it's not theres and they figure why should i and it's there problem not mine. well if there the one using the truck and they don't take care of it well then it's there problem as they can goto court and be sued for damages. drivers need to more more accountable not just what there pets do but for there actions as well.

Some companies might fear that a load will be late if a driver's dog runs off and he has to stay in the area to find him.
another good point.Tiny did do that once at a rest area and a customer.I never was so scared in my life.Because it was neg 25 at the rest area,that tije she was gone all night and the next morning there she was sitting below the door barking. and the cust was near a pond where gators go.

another good point.Tiny did do that once at a rest area and a customer.I never was so scared in my life.Because it was neg 25 at the rest area,that tije she was gone all night and the next morning there she was sitting below the door barking. and the cust was near a pond where gators go.

Can we say leash? Seriously, don't let your dog roam on it's own. Mine got into poison and I hear too many other stories of dogs being run over. Keep your dog on a leash!

My dad is in Tennessee visiting my grandma and he took his 9 month old pit bull with him. That damn thing is nothing but a big baby. It's almost full grown but can't be more than 10 feet, and in line of sight, from my dad or he'll go nuts and start whining and howling.

My dad bought two different dog cages for him and if he tries to leave him by himself, he'll bust out of the cage, even though my dad reinforced the cage somehow. I'm thinking I might have to make a cage for that dog, entirely out of 1/2" electrical conduit, all welded. Any dog that can bust through a cage made of steel tubing needs an exorcist.

My dad told me that he left the dog in the cage in my grandma's garage while they went somewhere, and when he got back the dog was out of the cage and he had scratched at the wood door so much there were shavings on the floor.

Can you imagine somebody having a dog like that in a truck, left alone while the owner goes into a truck stop for a shower? The dog would tear the truck to pieces.

Can we say leash? Seriously, don't let your dog roam on it's own. Mine got into poison and I hear too many other stories of dogs being run over. Keep your dog on a leash!
She was on a leash.I didnt have hold of it tight enough,she seen a rabbit and that's all she wrote.At the cust her collar broke.Bought a new collar the next day and believe me i hang on to that leash tight now.I know what you mean about dogs getting run over.I won't tie tiny up anywhere out of sight,no where anywhere near trks or cement if say im at a trk stop for the night.

It is a reference to a book, written by George Orwell.

In this book, the Party has made everything illegal, thereby making everyone criminals, and everyone the same, and easier to control. Thoughtcrime (in Newspeak) is basically how the Party accomplishes this. Big Brother is everywhere, there is no escaping his piercing stare. Also everywhere are the Telescreens. You can turn them down, but you cannot turn them off. And it is nearly impossible to not be seen by the telescreens, by which the Party can monitor your every move, thought, expression, even your heartbeat.

If you haven't read the book, you should. It will open your eyes.

I just re-read that book about a week ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread